• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MHA Revision (Yes, it is a downgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.

King

He/Him
Ok, so I did a calculation of 100 percent Bakugo's final and strongest blast and it got accepted. This is the blog. The Final yield of the accepted end is 159 Megatons, still mountain level but 4.7 times weaker than the 748 Megaton calculation from the Cloud Explosion. This results in a downgrade. Now, one question arises. "Why should this one be given preference over the cloud explosion one?" I can mention a few reasons:
1) This is Bakugo's strongest attack. The scaling goes like this Deku's Last Smash = Bakugo's Explosion + OFA > Detroit Smash (Cloud Explosion). Narratively, the cloud explosion should not be stronger than their strongest attacks but here we are. A 4.7 times gap is a lot.
2) The upscaling from this becomes quite difficult. Earlier Deku, AFO Shigaraki, Prime All Might and prime AFO upscaled to High 7 A. But now it would be wank on steroids to assume that Prime All Might is 10 TIMES stronger than 100% Bakugo. The best we can do is put them at 7 A+ Likely higher. Similarly, the Nomu also gets downgraded as the 640 Megatons value comes from randomly dividing the Missile's yield. A 159 Megatons character would likely look the same as a 640 Megatons one after taking that explosion head on. The Nomu should scale to 159 Megatons now.
3) The type of attack in the cloud explosion is very weird for the lack of a better word. Never again do we see the shockwaves "explode" like it happens in the clouds. Moreover, it forms a RAINBOW color cloud. Plus, we also do not know how much pressure it would take to disperse Nine's cloud (which is abstract in nature as it is from a quirk) and just using 20 psi for standard overpressure seems wrong as it definitely doesn't require the equal amount of force to disperse clouds than shattering concrete.

Edit: Do not kill me in the replies. I am just trying to revise the statistics.

We've already discussed this, Bakugo wasn't trying to destroy the island because there are many civilians taking shelter there, but he and Deku were actually trying to destroy the storm.

And there is no reason to take an inferior feat over a superior one. All Might has several 8-B/8-A feats, doesn't mean we should go with those either.

We've already discussed this, Bakugo wasn't trying to destroy the island because there are many civilians taking shelter there, but he and Deku were actually trying to destroy the storm.

And there is no reason to take an inferior feat over a superior one. All Might has several 8-B/8-A feats, doesn't mean we should go with those either.
Not trying to destroy an Island= Hitting it with a 159 Megaton nuke. Ok.

A weakened, almost skinny AM has 8 A feats. So, it's obvious why we don't use those feats. But Bakugo and Deku were actively trying to defeat Nine. Deku even attacked with his strongest attack in a downward direction. There was no sign of them actively holding back and assuming otherwise is pure headcanon.

Plus, why would we even use the standard overpressure required for destroying concrete? It's not like the cloud is made up of concrete.

Yes, he wasn't, no matter how you spin it Bakugo wasn't trying to destroy the island, he was trying to defeat Nine though.

The only headcanon here would be to assume that Bakugo would jeopardize the safety of hundreds, if not thousands of civilians and his own classmates, the very people he is trying to protect.

The pressure of the explosion was so strong that it was capable of pushing millions of tons of water content at massively hypersonic speeds.

The overpressure used is perfectly justified, the calc is already downplayed as it is right now.

Yes, he wasn't, no matter how you spin it Bakugo wasn't trying to destroy the island, he was trying to defeat Nine though.

The only headcanon here would be to assume that Bakugo would jeopardize the safety of hundreds, if not thousands of civilians and his own classmates, the very people he is trying to protect.

The pressure of the explosion was so strong that it was capable of pushing millions of tons of water content at massively hypersonic speeds.

The overpressure used is perfectly justified, the calc is already downplayed as it is right now.
Then why in the name of God did Deku use his strongest smash against Nine directly downwards at the Island?
Plus, we don't have a single statement or any indication that they were holding back at all. We still see majority of the Island melted. So your point about limiting collateral damage is wrong. Like every smash destroys/fragments a good chunk of the small island. The only way the people survived was through anime logic that the crowd can't die.
Also, isn't it confusing that there are thousand of people on a 3 km island? The island might be bigger..

And there is no reason to take an inferior feat over a superior one.
This is context dependent for the record. If there is a single superior feat and it's contrasted to a weaker, but contextually peak one, weaker one will get more merit.

If the argument is that Bakugou purposely held back during his strongest attack due to potential collateral damage, that is fine, but Therefir otherwise you're ignoring basic scaling factors like anti-feats.

Did any of you ever consider that maybe, Bakugo's explosions are weaker than the AP boost granted by One for All? Earlier in the fight, Nine's shield managed to withstand the force produced by one of his explosions. And yet despite this, Deku still shattered, not one, not two, not three, not even four, but potentially what seems to be at least seven of the shields produced by Nine, to guard against his kick.

Now, one question arises. "Why should this one be given preference over the cloud explosion one?" I can mention a few reasons:
No matter your excuse, it makes no sense to disregard the Cloud feat simply because of a feat that happened after it was performed. Why? Because it contradicts the established feat before it. That is the definition of an outlier. There's not much you can say that'll deny that.

And where is it stated that this is Bakugou's strongest explosion when using One for All? I'm curious about that part because it's never explicitly shown, stated, or even implied that this is the case.

Did any of you ever consider that maybe, Bakugo's explosions are weaker than the AP boost granted by One for All? Earlier in the fight, Nine's shield managed to withstand the force produced by one of his explosions. And yet despite this, Deku still shattered, not one, not two, not three, not even four, but potentially what seems to be at least seven of the shields produced by Nine, to guard against his kick.

No matter your excuse, it makes no sense to disregard the Cloud feat simply because of a feat that happened after it was performed. Why? Because it contradicts the established feat before it. That is the definition of an outlier. There's not much you can say that'll deny that.

And where is it stated that this is Bakugou's strongest explosion when using One for All? I'm curious about that part because it's never explicitly shown, stated, or even implied that this is the case.
Bakugo wasn't even in direct contact during that blast whereas Deku's kick was point blank. Also, in the same video itself, Bakugo blasts away Nine and his dragons. So, there is no direct indications that the explosions are weaker than the punches.

Read Impress' reply regarding this.

Simply because you don't pay enough attention, doesn't mean that it wasn't implied. If you probably didn't notice directly before that explosion, Deku hit Nine with his Last Smash AKA his final attack where his embers of OFA flare up. However, it was a combo of Bakugo's blast that finally defeated Nine. Moreover, the blast wasn't JUST the explosion quirk, it was explosion + OFA, an additive quirk on top of OFA.
If you need even more confirmation that that was Bakugo's strongest, they were both gassed out after that hit and could fight no longer, indicating that the attack was indeed a finisher.

I think it’s actually much more than 10x (considering All Might’s statements in the USJ fight)
We have never, ever taken that 60 times statement literally. If that was the case, you end up with Large Island Level Prime All Might. Wank just wank.

There quite literally is no proof that the explosion you calced is Bakugou’s strongest
It was definitely bigger than the others he performed on the Island. It was the literal finishing move. Do you have proof that the Double Detroit Smash was instead the strongest?
Narrative-wise, Last Smash=Explosion + OFA >Detroit Smash. Assuming otherwise is just plain wrong.

Why should we downgrade the characters based on the assumption that the explosion was Bakugo's strongest attack, when nothing indicates that? Only because it's the "finisher" doesn't mean that it's the strongest possible thing he can do, otherwise we should downgrade most of the verses in the wiki.

Also, the cloud feat obviously took away a good chunk of their energy, so even if you want to assume that he used all of his power in that attack than that would be all of the energy left after the numerous attacks he launched before, including the cloud splitting punch. So at best it would be all of his residual power.

It was definitely bigger than the others he performed on the Island. It was the literal finishing move. Do you have proof that the Double Detroit Smash was instead the strongest?
Narrative-wise, Last Smash=Explosion + OFA >Detroit Smash. Assuming otherwise is just plain wrong.
Two 100% Smashes are definitely stronger than OFA with Explosion.

Why should we downgrade the characters based on the assumption that the explosion was Bakugo's strongest attack, when nothing indicates that? Only because it's the "finisher" doesn't mean that it's the strongest possible thing he can do, otherwise we should downgrade most of the verses in the wiki.

Also, the cloud feat obviously took away a good chunk of their energy, so even if you want to assume that he used all of his power in that attack than that would be all of the energy left after the numerous attacks he launched before, including the cloud splitting punch. So at best it would be all of his residual power.
With that logic United States of Smash was weaker than the other smashes cause they took away a chunk of All Might's energy. OFA doesn't work that way.

We have seen multiple times throughout the series that the final smashes being generally the strongest ones. OFA doesn't "lose" its energy, it has the capability of going Plus Ultra.
Two 100% Smashes are definitely stronger than OFA with Explosion.
Yes, yes it was. Then we divided the value for the explosion into two and then we got 748 Megatons individually.

With that logic United States of Smash was weaker than the other smashes cause they took away a chunk of All Might's energy. OFA doesn't work that way.

We have seen multiple times throughout the series that the final smashes being generally the strongest ones. OFA doesn't "lose" its energy, it has the capability of going Plus Ultra.

Yes, yes it was. Then we divided the value for the explosion into two and then we got 748 Megatons individually.
So, individually, a 100 percent smash shouldn't be stronger than OFA + Explosion.

Cause Deku also used a NAMED STRONGER attack than detroit smash right before that. It's just a logical consequence that if Deku went all out then Bakugo must have done the same as we see them being relative throughout the fight.

Last Smash> Detroit Smash through portrayal itself. Last Smash had embers exactly the same as United States of Smash which is definitely stronger than Detroit smash.

But Therefir already said the calc was lowballed
It wasn't a lowball, the other methods are unquantifiable. It's just that there is a possibility that it might be stronger.
Ok, I tried using KE for moving that many clouds and it gives a blown-up result instead. It goes beyond Island level or something like that. (Rough estimations).

It wasn't a lowball, the other methods are unquantifiable. It's just that there is a possibility that it might be stronger.
Ok, I tried using KE for moving that many clouds and it gives a blown-up result instead. It goes beyond Island level or something like that. (Rough estimations).
It just gets outliery if you consider other methods.

^This. The storm nine created would actively destroy said island if left alone, and its obvious that would be a bad thing, so blow it up. Deku and Bakugou actively put their all into that punch, and by the time this “strongest attack” rolls around, both are winded, wounded and not in any state to be dishing out the same attacks they would be at the beginning.

can MHA not go three months without a CRT

Bakugo slightly dies and gets weaker everytime he uses OFA as shown with even just his normal explosion attacks breaking his arms. When you break your arm, your attacks with OFA get weaker unless your name is Deku in the War, as shown with Deku vs Muscular and Deku vs Todoroki. Calling his last attack his “Strongest” is ridiculous considering he’s far from peak performance when he uses it.

It’s especially incorrect since this is assuming that the amplification of OFA into Explosion was perfect in the first place, when in reality we have no idea how much Explosion was effected in the first place beyond “it got stronger.” How do you know that if Bakugo punched Nine that he wouldn’t deal more damage than with an explosion at this point? How OFA interacts with quirks is impossible to judge definitely. So I find it highly suspicious to completely throw out all our scaling on the unfounded belief that this attack with his original quirk is the limit of the OFA Quirk.

Also, just because this is “the final attack” doesn’t mean it is all of a sudden the strongest move he could dish out. Is there some kind of rule that the last hit you get on an enemy has to be your strongest one? Now obviously it was stronger than many of his other hits, but to claim that it is the absolute limit of his power, so definitively that we should downgrade his earlier stronger feat and the future stronger feat, is ridiculous to me.

Also, another issue: who on Earth are you to claim All Might being 10x stronger than a weaker, incomplete version of OFA is wank? Where is your source for that claim? This is Joint Training OFA, it is nowhere near the same strength it was during the war several months later + Endeavor Training when Deku started getting directly scales to Prime All Might. Can you prove your claim that 10x is wank? These two aren’t even moving at similar speeds to All Might yet but you’re claiming they’re the exact same strength?

Nomu should lose all scaling to the missile value? What? It did not survive a single missile, if you paid attention to the blog at all. It survives 10 missiles. 6400 megatons. To the face. We downscale it to one missile. How could you have missed that distinction? That’s a giant hole in your entire proposal already.

I absolutely disagree with this one chief. Lot of headcanon, ignoring context and lack of information on key points.

post that, cause that would actually be more consistent with the island level missile calc that the Nomu survived (assuming it’s not wildly beyond it)

Hmmmm.... it seems democracy has defeated Monarchy yet again. I didn't expect such furious opposition. Anyways, can my calc at least make it to the main wiki page for MHA? Or is that invalid?

We have never, ever taken that 60 times statement literally. If that was the case, you end up with Large Island Level Prime All Might. Wank just wank.
🗿
That‘s factually incorrect ☠️ Detroit Smash is a named attack so narratively it is much more likely to be stronger. Nine was already massively physically weakened as a result of spamming his quirks and getting his shields broken, there’s no proof of Bakugou’s attack being more powerful than the previous smash

Hmmmm.... it seems democracy has defeated Monarchy yet again. I didn't expect such furious opposition. Anyways, can my calc at least make it to the main wiki page for MHA? Or is that invalid?
I mean, post something getting 100% to atleast High 7-A and im fairly certain that the MHA community here will love you

I mean, post something getting 100% to atleast High 7-A and im fairly certain that the MHA community here will love you
Isn't that obvious? Who doesn't love upgrades. I think I might post some High 6C calcs later in the future anyways. I just wanted to see the reaction to my calc . Ask someone to close this as I am non confrontational.

I apologize if I got heated in my response, I don’t mean to be offensive or insulting, but these MHA revisions have got me on a trigger finger at all times. Your calc isn’t wrong or bad, just the scaling portion of this revision is missing some key information for the change it is attempting.

It can be put on the page yes. We don’t reject calcs from notice just because they don’t have large impacts in scaling. Your calc would become support for 7-A Top Tiers.

I apologize if I got heated in my response, I don’t mean to be offensive or insulting, but these MHA revisions have got me on a trigger finger at all times. Your calc isn’t wrong or bad, just the scaling portion of this revision is missing some key information for the change it is attempting.

It can be put on the page yes. We don’t reject calcs from notice just because they don’t have large impacts in scaling. Your calc would become support for 7-A Top Tiers.
Finally, 7-A MHA is here to stay atleast until someone re-clacs it all to be High 7-C, because Someone will

Absolutely not

yea why not

It's alright, it's a debating site afterall.
So, can anyone ask a content moderator to add that?

Ok, so I did a calculation of 100 percent Bakugo's final and strongest blast and it got accepted. This is the blog.
What you also need to realize is that the calculation you did only display a low end of the feat, it's not necessarily accurate with the full yield of the explosion, as it requires several other factors, other than JUST the energy transferred to the objects, so even so, you don't have a case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back