• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metal Gear Invisibility Revison

straight from the Camouflage it says:

"Not to be confused with Invisibility, which typically renders the user's body entirely transparent."

now Naked Snake, Solid Snake, Venom Snake, Raide, Monsoo and Blade Wolf have Invisibility listed on their profiles because of their camouflage when this is entirely wrong.

first off it's literally called camouflage and second off it functions exactly like real life camouflage and doesn't turn the user invisible at all.

so Naked Snake, Solid Snake, Venom Snake, Monsoon, Raiden and Bladewolf should have their invisibility replaced with camouflage.

i just realized that a lot of MG characters have invisibility for having stealth camo.

updating.

Not legit!

So various Metal Gear games allows Snake to wear camouflage to blend with surrounding. Best exemplified as an extensive game mechanic in Metal Gear Solid 3 and the Octocamo in Metal Gear Solid 4 .

This is different from the electronic item called "Stealth Camouflage" or "Stealth Camo" which renders the user invisible by bending light. The item is a recurring unlockable reward in Metal Gear Solid games (stealth camo is briefly used by Monsoon and Blade Wolf in Metal Gear Reverence). Solid Snake is explicit shown using it in the Metal Gear Solid 2 intro cutscene.

they have an outline when using it if you have an outline then you aren't invisible it just means you have really good camo being invisible means being unseen to the naked eye them having an outline automatically disqualifies them from having invisibility.

I have to agree with ShadowWhoWalks here.

What shows the outline? From what Shadow sent as well, you'd not see them normally as the cutscene tries to entail. And cutscenes should obviously trump the gameplay because it's the unfiltered perspective of it.

I'd like to further Shadow's point actually even that as soon as you equip it in MGS3, you literally people go invis in plain sight.

in that very same cutscene they have outlines and in bladewolf cutscene too, look harder.

That's literally just to make him appear visible to the audience. The general implication canon-wise would be that their invisible, the description makes that clear or else every person should see Snake and co. when they do this.

yes because it's very easy to see a person wearing a camo suit that refracts light and makes them look exactly like their surroundings and the only possible way to figure out where they are is looking for an outline yes very easy definitely not extremely difficult to find at all.

also it's literally called stealth camo so you tell me how canon-wise the implication is that they're going invisible when it's just an extremely good camouflage for snake and co. the description for the spider camo on his profile even states it renders him effectively invisible not actually invisible.

Welp, powers are kind of similar, Camouflage is a cause-type power where the user visually blend into the environment, meanwhile Invisibility is a effect-type power where the user unperceptible at the naked eye; so could be factible to have both.

difference is that they can still be spotted and have outlines therefore not making them unseen to the naked eye as evidenced in the bladewolf cutscene in the sam dlc where sam manages to counter some of bladewolfs attacks and can dodge some of them despite bladewolf having stealth camo active during it's attack.

I'm not sure why you are being so sarcastic here, especially when this is an argument from ignorance at its finest. Snake is regularly going against trained soldiers for stuff like this. Are you really implying a soldier wouldn't be taught how to spot some unusual signs for the idea of camouflage if the tactic is available to numerous people in the verse?

Names literally mean nothing for this discussion. Unless we're giving Android Saga Vegeta a Low 2-C rating for having an attack called Big Bang Attack or downgrading the Egg Wizard to Planet level because its strongest attack was called Planet Buster. And canon-wise, it would be akin to genuine Invisibility. Not only is it in stark contrast with the rest of the other camo gear, the description being used would actually give that. Wamuu has Invisibility for this exact same reason.

>Acting as if profiles are objective when the description for Stealth Camo isn't even derived from an actual game description

@ploz

trained soldiers in MG would not be trained to look for outlines in the extremely rare occasion that someone uses stealth camo in fact they'd be dead before they would even notice someone was using stealth camo, a camo that reflects light you're saying that it would be easy to spot them when this is simply not true at all.

the examples you provided literally have nothing to do with why i'm using the name it's given in this case as your examples are focused on giving ap because of the name when this has literally nothing to do with my point being that it's named stealth camo throughout the series and the fact it's literally in the camouflage section in MGS3 you'd think that maybe just maybe it's implying it's camo and not invisibility?

the description in game doesn't help your point at all either in fact it hurts it the description doesn't even say anything about invisibility at all.

as for your wamuu example: two wrongs don't make a right.

I'm assuming you agree with the idea then that they should be able to spot Camo. You conveniently ignored my bit as well about how Stealth Camo is vastly different. Reflecting light is already more than just Camouflage, I already proved this to you.

Do you even understand how logic works? Logic rationalizes things based on a premise and a conclusion, which your premise would be since the name is Stealth Camo, therefore it refers to Camouflage. Attack Potency references are nowhere in that premise, hence why your nitpicking is completely irrelevant and invalid to the topic. I already addressed why this naming idea isn't enough to give proof, especially when bending light around is Invisibility as I gave an example of the Wiki even treating it like that. Your only point is completely contingent on names and ignoring that something can be mislabeled, even when the Camouflage ability quit literally states it is often confused with Invisibility and vice versa.

The description doesn't serve to hurt my point at all. It hurting my point would imply that it gives something that goes against when I never used the description as evidence. I was using the actual animated showing of it.

Predator invisibility cloaks bends light and leaves an outline, and it is mentioned in the invisibility page as an example of invisibility. If the person avoids detection by becoming transparent instead of just blending colors with the background (i.e. normal camouflage), then it is invisibility.

Your original claim which just affects Metal Gear have been refuted, but if you find a problem with how invisibility is defined in general, I recommend creating a new CRT.

@shadowwhowalks

that is just a problem of a profile having invisibility when it shouldn't have it the invisibility page doesn't even use the predator as an example within the description the invisibilty page states that in order to have this power you must be unseen to the naked eye which having an outline contradicts that.

@ploz

are you referring to your naked snake example earlier? because that one had an outline too albeit a very hard to spot one the description just means optically decieving the enemy which normal camo already does so that doesn't prove anything either also your wammu example fails to recognize that caesar spotted him almost instantly when using wind mode and caesar doesn't even have enhanced senses or extrasensory perception on his profile.

and as i have stated earlier wammu shouldn't have invisiblity either i want to know where the implication is canon-wise that they turn invisible, has it functioned like that? also see my previous example regarding bladewolf and sam and how he dodged several of blade wolfs attacks while using stealth camo he even countered some of them and sam doesn't have extrasensory perception nor the neutral vision type of enhanced senses(also he only gets ES when using blade mode when he didn't use it here) on his profile so how does sam do that if wolf is "Invisible"?

no he doesn't sam spotted him, dodged some attacks and countered some. sam doesn't have the neutral type of ES and only has ES when using blade mode which he didn't use there also O U T L I N E.

Back