• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megatron (G1) Inaccuracies

So, I was reading the G1 Megatron page and noticed some...inaccuracies. Some of his feats aren't true or aren't correct. Like where it says in a recovered state he fought Shockwave to a stand still, when in fact, Shockwave utterly destroyed him. Then it says he defeated all 5 Dinobots effortlessly, when in fact, a few moments later, the Dinobots and Ratchet send him flying off a cliff where he is left to basically rot. Also, the only reason Megatron beat Fort Max in G2 was because Megatron had weakened him during his dormant state. Meaning, he never stood a chance and blew up the Ark because it was all he could do. It also meantions many times how he was torn or cut in half, when in IDW, the unwritten rules basically state as long as u have a spark or a brain module, ur going to live. It's an inaccurate display choice of stamina, considering Pipes was crushed by Overlord and temporarily survived and was also shot point blank by Fort Max. Another thing, he has never in fact combined with Devastator. It is implied he will have the ability to, but never shows it. He instead gives the ability to Prowl as a test. It also says that his post-bomber body could create space bridges when it was in fact his bomber body that could. Also, Megatron never once shows magic use, even in Alternity. I may be wrong, who knows, but I'm gonna claim it as false until there's a source cause I just looked through the material rcently and saw nothing of it. It also says he uses freeze pellets based on his clone, which cannot be accurately accounted for since Megatron made sure the clones were beneath him in smarts, strength, stamina, etc. He also constantly scripted their actions. So that is not an accurate way to say he uses freeze pellets.

That's all I could find off the top of my head. Hopefully this can be fixed. I just don't want false info spread about things I care so passionatley for.

Thanks.

Well, upon closer inspection on your complaints with compairing them to the actual sources make me conclude that the information you've provided seems to be false. Here's why:

1. Megatron did, infact, fight Shockwave to a standstill, it can be considered as such, considering he was in his weakened state and even then could somewhat stand up to Shockwave and show he's not a push over even when he runs low on energy and when he's injured at the same time. Ô£ÿ

2. Megatron falls off a cliff not because of Ratchet/Dinobots who were utterly demolished by Megatron, but the ice cliff cracks under Megatron's weight and he falls down, that's literally all that's happened. http://sta.sh/0r55iqg3d9l Ô£ÿ

3. Fine, this one gets a point. Ô£ö

4. This one, I don't even get what's the point of complaining, it still shows his stamina nontheless and gets the point across. Ô£ÿ

5. He actually almost combined with Devastator, almost becoming a part of him, before he was interrupted, so it's something that's absolutely possible. http://sta.sh/01dwnwcs80pc Ô£ÿ

6. I'm sorry, but did you even read the comics past him using the bomber body? In Dark Cybertron Shockwave uses Megatron as a Space Bridge to transport Nova Prime. And even after Dark Cybertron (I don't remember what issue, but it was definitely MTMTE) Megatron's stomach was punched through by Whirl who's arm was then completely obliterated upon contact with Megatron's insides as they were composed from a black hole, so yeah, his insides are a black hole. http://sta.sh/01c9rzpi61p8 and http://sta.sh/0ke3jdil9i Ô£ÿ

7. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Alternatio this here, states that Megatherion(Megatron) used magic in order to fight off Alternity forces. Ô£ÿ

8. It's very possible he himself used such instruments as he based them off of himself, the only difference between him and his clones were how powerful they are compared to the original and that's literally as far as it was supposed to be in terms of distinctions. Ô£ÿ

Also, I apologize in advance if I come off as rude, I frankly do not wish to.

Code pretty much said it all. Specifically he fights Shockwave to a standstill in their rematch in the UK comics which are expanded from the US stories. It's in the story "Second Generation!"

Megatron absoutely curbstomps the Dinobots in a fit of rage after their combined sneak attack did nothing to him.

Saying his ability to keep going despite heavy damage doesn't count as stamina/endurance is I think sort of a No True Scotsman. You can say it's only because Transformers are functionally immortal outside of Rossum's Trinity, but that's really just proving the point of how tough they are now isn't it?

Magic is involved in the story of the Planicrons in the Alternity events.

Megaplex clones are just that. Clones. Their difference is in the power Megatron allows them to tap into out of fear of rebellion.

The problem is you are combining so many continuties, it doesn't even make sense. Even if I am wrong on some things, (I did read post-bomber, i'm like 2 comics behind current) it still makes no sense. You guys have multiple pages for some Optimus Prime stuff, but it still isn't enough. Same with Megatron. You can't combine certain aspects just cause you feel like it. It makes no sense at all cause it creates a completely different character than you begin with.

What do you think Iustitia?

Maroyasha doesn't understand the context here. The reason there even are a few Optimus Prime pages is because I'm separating them by continuity. Megatron and others would obviously follow with a multiverse as large as Transformers, but the problem is that unlike Marvel and DC it doesn't have tons of fans to manage pages here. I'm one person. There are literally dozens of different characters yet to get profiles at alllet alone their alternate selves.

But again I feel like you're making up claims. What aspects am I combining just cause I feel like it? Outside special techniques the various stats are divided by continuity and form. It's not like there are singular stats for "G1 Megatron", it's broken down bit by bit.

tldr; I'm separating continuities over time so be patient about it, but in the meantime G1 Megatron is the same character regardless of his many iterations so for now the brackets/keys work.

Okay. Thank you for the help.

Back