• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Man X Revision: Boss Character Cleanup

X, Zero, Axl, Sigma and Lumine's stats are fine, as they do gradually grow stronger as the story progresses. It's the boss characters that I'm having trouble with and here's why:

Vile (Using him as an example):

Don't get me wrong, I do love Vile, but there are some things that are up to question. Currently all of Vile's forms are equally as strong, which is false as Vile MK-2 is vastely superior to the original and Vile V being his strongest. It's like comparing SSJ1 Goku to SSJB and Part 1 Dio to Part 3 as equals. What I'm saying here is that Vile should have separate tiers for his individual forms like Goku to determine his rank and have better feats than "Fought X, Zero, and Axl". Vile's first form being the weakest (obviously) and Vile V the strongest. Speaking of shaming.

The Attack Potency is terrible. Solar System throughout, which is suprising since this is a Vile V feat rather than his separate forms. (Judging by this logic, it must mean that King Crimson is as strong as Gold Experience Requiem because they fought...) Vile's original state was never Solar System and here's why:

X's strongest at the time was *Planet level*, where he destroyed Boomer Kuwanger with a "blast capable of atomically annihilating Japan and survived blows from Vile and Sigma". X in Megaman X is different from the one from X8, where he could harm Lumine. If it was X (X1) vs Lumine, then he would get destroyed, and Zero? He didn't even have his saber yet. (Original and Upgrade ).

It must also mean that bosses with the weakness of the Gravity Well and the Squeeze bomb is weaker than the bosses who has resistance to it (Earthrock Trilobyte and Blast Hornet). Guessing Concrete Man is Solar System in durability plus Solar System in Attack Potency since his weapon hurts Galaxy Man the most (Concrete hurts ). Besides, the X-Buster couldn't shut a black hole without destroying the user. (The Beetle and The Ant ) In Megaman games, most bosses have a weakness to make the sub-weapons interesting. Megaman X using his regular X Buster should not equal a Black hole (Except the Lumine feat. Mega Man X8 Characters are capable of doing impressive damage, as Lumine did destroyed the sun.)

Almost all of the bosses barely killed X in the slightest (Video Game logic). Would Kenshiro have a similar Attack Potency with his Spatial Manipulation (Musō Tensei)? Despite defeating Gravity Beetle, Vile MK-2 manage to put up a fight, even though his weapon wasn't enough to kill X. Clearly, Vile was defeated from a fall and I couldn't find anything Solar System worthy. If he did survive however, it doesn't mean he has a *similar attack potency* as X. Is Soundwave 3-A for fighting Optimus ....? No. The most destructive thing would probably be the death spikes. The Attack Potency of the bosses should be different from Durability. Being able to survive attacks doesn't mean the character has a similar attack potency (Instinctive Reaction, Precognition, Resistance, Resurrection, etc.)

Characters like Vile (original and MK-2), Double, Gate, Dynamo, General (Who sacrificed himself btw ), Colonel, and Flame Hyernard should not be compared to X8, as it's before X's Solar System feat.

I'm done ranting. The power scaling is unbearable.

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Helvetica; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none} span.s2 {text-decoration: underline ; font-kerning: none}

Getting new forms that are stronger doesn't mean they all can't be the same tier. SSJG, SSJB and SSJBKK Goku are all 3-A.

I'm pretty sure the manga is an alternate continuity.

I don't know what point you're trying to make with the rest of the post.

Unless X has a specific boost in power between games, there's no reason he wouldn't be 4-B in the others.

Gravity Beetle has a 4-B feat anyways.

I mentioned in my first rely that I don't understand the point you're trying to make with the rest of the post.

@Solid

Firstly, yes, Light stated that X will evolve infinitely for as long as he participates in battle.

However, other than his Armors (which he removes every game), he only known upgrade he's kept is the dash (which was retroactively added to Zero) and later Axl.

Until Command Mission and Zero, X hasn't gotten any known upgrades to his hardware. Thus there's no reason to assume that X and co. were that much stronger in earlier games.

Also, the manga is heavily secondary canon. There's a reason why it has a separate tab.

In addition, Solar System is a VERY large tier. You can be over a thousand times weaker and still be in the Large Star level to Solar System level range.

So you're saying, despite not having any actual Solar System Attack Potency, it's still Solar System in Attack Potency.

Is everyone a Gravity Beetle?

@Solid

What are you arguing?

You first complain about the manga tabs, and then you're complaining about boss potency.

Yes, all Reploids are inferior knockoffs of X. However, the fact that they can give X a prolonged fight when X has not been given any severe upgrades until Command Mission and Zero means that they should be at least remotely close to him in power.

Even if they were a hundred times weaker than X, they'd still be in the Solar System level range.

@Solid

Would you like to respond to my questions so we can actually have a productive conversation or are you just going to keep speaking as though I'm not even here?

I'm pretty sure the general was already near death when he stopped the laser which is why he ultimately died

@Solid

I'm also well aware of General. It's just ridiculous to assume that all Reploids are that much inferior to X and Zero when it's clear that they can at least have a decent fight. Also, as Js stated, X had already critically injured General before he went to stop the weapon.

There are enough better cosmic feats to scale from than the earlier, previous feats.

Hell the fact General could stop the laser at all in his state is a pretty good feat all things considered

@Solid

Plot + the General wanted to atone for his mistakes.

Authors are rarely aware of how powerful they are making their characters because they can't do math.

@Solid

His energy output is comparable to Gravity Beetle's, who can create black holes with his primary weapon.

Being dramatically stronger than any Robot Master, including the original Mega Ma.

Zero survived crashing into the Eurasia colony with the rocket despite burning up in the atmosphere in Zero 4.

Your attitude and clear lack of understanding of how things work around here is making me more and more willing to close this thread and move on.

@Reppuzan

Understandable. X and Zero are capable of dishing out Reploids. Despite the fact that things like Galaxy Man and Centaur Man are capable of bending time and space, Mega Man needs an upgrade. Like you said, the Mavericks are inferior. It's like comparing Jagi and Kenshiro.

Zero was made to kill Mega man

The Zero Virus was formed after the crash into Eurasia, so it could've powered him.

Yup.

Whoops

Forgot the Shuttle Operation "Unsuccessful" is non-canon. It's getting late here.

Zero did survived crashing into Eurasia. He got some assistance after that correct?

@Solid

Bending space-time itself is not quantifiable for AP unless there's a specified region they did it over, and even then it would only work if they destroyed the area they were doing it over. Far as I can remember, both Galaxy Man and Centaur Man have no feats of destroying anything on that scale, with Galaxy Man's best feat being his Black Hole Bomb.

I mean, Zero was stranded in space. Of course he needed assistance.

@Reppuzan

Like you said, technically I have a lack of understanding here. Please specify the term "AP", so I could completly agree on you for the things you're saying.

Didn't Zero blacked out after crashing into Eurasia?

@Reppuzan

Sarcasm aside.

You're saying that a character who's inferior (in destructive capacity and defense) can be similar in tier correct?

That's a good thing because I wasn't sure what to rank my researched characters. I lack an actual understanding of how things work here. People tend to ignore my request, unless it's something controversial (like this one). I've finally found the answer for a Black Hole . Creating an average black hole is a High 4-C technically.

Before this thread close, what would be a good way to make a character page and how do I save it from being deleted. Currently I haven't created a character outline yet, so I do need some help on feats and things. Know a good place to start?

Apologies for the sarcasm btw, I didn't know much about a black hole other than it being a massless void. Space and stuff isn't really my thing, despite having an interest on Sci-fi.

Exdeath the fallacious tree by lilcellion-d47b03m
"Void"

@Solid

Yes. Solar System level is a wide tier, and even being 1000x weaker than X's and Zero's current ranking would only warrant a High 4-C or Large Star level rating.

Depends. We usually use the mass of the black hole with the Schwartzchild radius equation, but math is outside of my expertise.

As long as you follow the format provided with good justifications, there's no reason for a profile to be deleted as long as the formatting is decent. It's best to use the Source Editor rather than the Visual Editor for this, as the latter inserts tons of unnecessary code that complicate pages and make them more likely to be deleted.

If you want help, you can message me at any time and I'll get back to you to see if I can evaluate what you've been doing and how it translates into ratings and justifications.

@Reppuzan

Thanks mate,

I'll contact you when I have time today, since it's early morning. I also have an interest on the Megaman lore and the games itself (ZX being my favorite). Ballade being my favorite robot master and Omega Zero as my favorite Rockman boss.

Happy Early Thanksgiving mate

Back