• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

May I Become A Copy Editor?

Hop_Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer

Username Only
VS Battles
Retired
So I don't want it to be a secret that grammer, spelling, formatting and other errors in a site that tries to be as professional as a real wiki (because it is) really bother me. And not because I'm what the internet culture refers to as a "grammer nazi".

However, I see these mistakes and find that they're simply overlooked all the time. Mostly on less popular/verfied pages. Those don't only look sloppy and careless, but it seems as those who have a responsibility to upkeep the site will also be annoyed by these errors. Most of the easy ones are on popular pages, too! And I would like to propose this:

I want to make a new thread that will be highlighted for the higher ups on the wiki and other members to come back to and share errors on locked pages that people like myself can't fix, and offer suggestions and fixes. I can just add those onto this thread, however. Also, I will try to find new pages as often as I'm online. And not just for big threads, all of the ones I come I across I will comb for common errors (I have a browser extension that finds most of them for English) and bring up questionable things that should be altered to appear more professional.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you for reading!

Sounds nice. A lot of pages are in a poor state and need to be fixed.

I hope the admins consider this.

Well, it is a nice thought, but I am uncertain if we have the manpower, time & energy to constantly fix the grammar and sentence structure of pages within this wiki? I constantly try do so when I notice it, but I have several other prioritised tasks.

Also, we don't tend to enlist people simply because they ask us to, but you should still feel very free to help out. Depending on how well you perform (and other concerns, such as if somebody's attitude seems suitable for a staff member) we may promote you to the wiki clean-up group later on.

Thanks Ant. I'll just help out and whatnot. If I find something I can't fix (locked pages) I'll throw it your way or to a moderator.

Well, right now is probably a bad time. Please wait until the Attack Potency revision project is done. Thank you.

I know, I just caught up with the site. Besides I might have to wait until my main rig (PC) is fixed up before I go about that.

But thank you for the warning, I appreciate it! Have a good one.

Yes, go forth and correct those pesky grammar mistakes. Just make sure to use the correct versions of your/you're and they're/their/there

Back