• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel: Venom Symbiote Pagemaking, Help Needed!

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
So essentially, symbiotes are important characters within the Marvel Comics, and currently I feel we list them hella improper:

If you were to go through the P&A section, you'll soon realize most of these powers listed are completely irrelevant to Eddie Brock, but only the Venom symbiote, namely:
Telepathy (All Klyntar are able to communicate with their hosts through telepathy, as well as communicate with the Klyntar Hivemind telepathically across intergalactic distances), Empowerment (The Venom Symbiote physically empowers the person it is bonded to), Power Mimicry (When bonded to a superhuman host, a symbiote can interface with their genomes and physiology to imprint their unique powers and abilities into itself, granting subsequent hosts access to those powers[2])
Body Puppetry (Venom can control its host even if they are asleep or unconscious), Corruption (As a corrupt Symbiote, Venom is able to spread its influence to its host, corrupting them into violent, murderous versions of themselves[3][4]), Empathic Manipulation, Berserk Mode, Rage Power (Corrupt Symbiotes feed on negative emotions[5], can absorb these emotions to empower themselves, and are able to project their own emotions and personal desires onto their host, as well as amplifying feelings of rage and bloodlust[6][7][8]), Limited Adaptation (Corrupted Symbiotes are able to gain resistances to things such as heat and sonic vibrations with repeated exposure, though this takes a significant amount of time to accomplish), Fusionism (The Venom Symbiote is able to assimilate other Symbiotes into itself to become stronger[9][10][11]), Technology Manipulation (Symbiotes can bond to inorganic material, letting them interface with and augment machinery as sophisticated as a cyborg, the Ironheart Armor Model 2[12], and a Kree Empire battleship[13].), Power Absorption (Symbiotes can absorb the Codex of other symbiotes to become more powerful, temporarily acquiring their traits and whatever unique powers the codex's host may have possessed[14][15][16]), Duplication (Can create duplicates of himself. Symbiotes reproduce asexually and are able to create new Symbiote spawn from small pieces of their body or severed body parts[5]), Power Bestowal (Due to Symbiotes possessing a genetic memory, Venom's descendants are able to benefit from its former bond with Spider-Man by gaining his powers[17].), Reactive Power Level (Symbiotes become more powerful the more successive hosts they have[18][19])
None of this shit is something Eddie can DO as the Venom, at least directly, and are only relevant to the symbiote itself.

Now keep in mind, the symbiote is COMPLETELY SENTIENT, can act very well as an independent entity, and is its own character in every right there is, so it should be deserving of a page.

Thread is made to help with this pagemaking process, and discussing the best way to index this character.

Ok I agree now. Maybe a page for Venom Symbiote along the lines of an item page, but still a character page? And characters who have a notable showing with it get it listed on their profile as optional equipment and a key, with their specific abilities.

Ok I agree now. Maybe a page for Venom Symbiote along the lines of an item page, but still a character page? And characters who have a notable showing with it get it listed on their profile as optional equipment and a key, with their specific abilities.
So like, it has a "Wielders" secfion? That works

I propose that there be a note stating that characters' versions of Venom only get the powers relevant to them, and not all abilities beyond the non-unique ones, to conform to what OP proposes

Could we have a tabber on the Venom page (For Eddie) for abilities the user can call upon and stuff exclusive to the Symbiote as well?
Agian though formatting-wise it's best for the symbiote to just have his own page :v

Wouldn't it be better and easiest to just create an extra powers and abilities section for the symbiote alone? I don't think that creating separate profile pages for each of the Venom, Toxin, Carnage, etcetera symbiotes seems relevant or interesting enough for our visitors.

Wouldn't it be better and easiest to just create an extra powers and abilities section for the symbiote alone? I don't think that creating separate profile pages for each of the Venom, Toxin, Carnage, etcetera symbiotes seems relevant or interesting enough for our visitors.
It's fairly interesting and crucial, and helps reduce bulk of us repeating P&A and misassociating them with the host :V

But the symbiote is not interesting or notable without a host, and does not have known attack feats in this separate state that we can scale its statistics from.

But the symbiote is not interesting or notable without a host
It getting a host in the first place is a relevant vs. debating argument.
and does not have known attack feats in this separate state that we can scale its statistics from.
Oh it does, there are instances of Venom symbiote able to overwhelm Spider-Man's strength in both LS and striking strength.

Also in the 2000s it was hostless and able to form a body of its own for a notably extended time.. Said body was weaker but nonentheless notable

Okay. I still do not think that the symbiotes seem very interesting on their own, and that separate keys in their hosts' pages would likely be better though.

Why? What is wrong with one statistics and powers and abilities key for the symbiot-free host, one for the empowered host, and one for the symbiote in itself?

Why? What is wrong with one statistics and powers and abilities key for the symbiot-free host, one for the empowered host, and one for the symbiote in itself?
It bulks up the page and leads to improper association of power, we still have some people thinking Venom has Mid-High regen in his base state, and is some weird haxlord, when most of the things Brock can't even use.

It bulks up the page and leads to improper association of power, we still have some people thinking Venom has Mid-High regen in his base state, and is some weird haxlord, when most of the things Brock can't even use.
That always confused me because I knew enough to know that Lethal Protector Venom didn't do any of that shit

The Symbiote is its own character with a long history of multiple users, and that in itself is a good enough case to give it its own independent page, so I agree.

Also, I think it's interesting, so.

Last edited:
The Symbiote is its own character with a long history of multiple users, and that in itself is a good enough case to give it its own independent page, so I agree.

Also, I think it's interesting, so.
Would we go about it like an item or a straight up character with it's own notable matches section? If the latter, then what would the main version? And would there be different keys that link to different characters' profiles, that being those whom have a notable showing with the Venom Symbiote?

I mean, maybe you could put a key for some generic host...? But you could just put the one key, list what it can do on its own, and then link to it under Equipment for your Venoms and Symbiote Spider-Men and what not.

Also now that I think about it this proposition works pretty well considering Brock already has showings of other things on his profile, so while he is the primary wielder, he also can be used without Venom

It seems like I may get outvoted here. I still think that we are overly complicating things though, given that our usual praxis is to simply create a separate powers and abilities section via tabbers, and this tends to work fine for an easy overview.

Do you think that it seems fine, Impress?

The blog is pretty straightforward. I think it can be applied from the get-go once more staff input is involved. Maybe it can be polished but it isn't really equivocated in any way that is significant. It has it's justifications and sources.

Last edited:
Back