• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ZespeonGalaxy

He/Him
Last edited:
Uh... So lemme get this straight

Eggman Can just:

Pulls out Super Mecha Sonic
Pulls out Metal Sonic, possibly Metal Madness/Overlord/Neo Metal Sonic
Pull's out Gemerl
And he get's his Egg Wizard to pilot by himself, without having to deal with any miscoordination on Nega's part due to him not being here

Uh... So lemme get this straight

Eggman Can just:

Pulls out Super Mecha Sonic
Pulls out Metal Sonic, possibly Metal Madness/Overlord/Neo Metal Sonic
Pull's out Gemerl
And he get's his Egg Wizard to pilot by himself, without having to deal with any miscoordination on Nega's part due to him not being here
Should I restrict some of Eggman's equipment then?

I mean, I'd wait for some people more knowledgeable about Sonic VSbattles and, Mario in general, but from what I can recall of Eggman's robot's... This would not be pretty nor fair.

Yeah Eggman is only 2-B with a single machine with pretty much no meaningful hax, but he is higher into 2-B than Mario atm.

he is? arent they both countless?
Eggman's likely far further into countless if I had to guess. There's many worlds theory + every dream becoming a universe on top of the dreams others have in different realities having their own dreams which become a different reality on top of every dream happening across the many worlds theory adding onto that. They're pretty damn far into 2-B.

Dunno how far Mario is into it tho

mario scales to the exact same feat, the pure hearts = super dimentio > the void which was going to destroy everything which includes the dream depot which turns all dreams into their own universes and the dream stone which is imbued with the power of countless dreams

mario scales to the exact same feat, the pure hearts = super dimentio > the void which was going to destroy everything which includes the dream depot which turns all dreams into their own universes and the dream stone which is imbued with the power of countless dreams
That doesn't sound the same. Mario's case is a place where all dreams become reality

Sonic scales to a place that turns dreams into reality + many worlds theory. Basically, in Sonic, every single possibility branches out into its own timeline.

So it's Countless Universes + Countless Universes and I guess you could add another countless since all the new timelines created from possibilities would also be able to turn their dreams into universes, but I think that becomes a bit redundant.

huh, ive never heard of many worlds theory being in sonic, wouldnt that be 2-A?
Nah, from what I recall, we don't assume many worlds to instantly be 2-A. It's been stated that every possibility becomes its own timeline, but there's only a finite amount of possibilities, albeit a ridiculous amount. Regardless of what Sonic Unleashed's theme may tell you.

Shouldn’t Mario have many worlds actually.
Super Luigi Galaxy is a thing.

That and they’ve retconned it so everything in Sonic is one timeline again, unless explicitly another dimension.

That and they’ve retconned it so everything in Sonic is one timeline again, unless explicitly another dimension.
IIRC, that second part is only referring to things like the two worlds theory. Not many worlds theory.

And having a Super Luigi Galaxy game wouldn't mean many worlds theory applies. Simply it's an alternate reality that exists

what does super luigi galaxy have to do with it and what does the sonic timeline being like that effect

Nah, from what I recall, we don't assume many worlds to instantly be 2-A. It's been stated that every possibility becomes its own timeline, but there's only a finite amount of possibilities, albeit a ridiculous amount. Regardless of what Sonic Unleashed's theme may tell you.
but there are infinite possible positions in space and time due to being able to infinitely divide both, you can half an area of space or a length of time over and over again forever meaning that there are infinite possible slightly different positions you could be in at infinite slightly different times

but there are infinite possible positions in space and time due to being able to infinitely divide both, you can half an area of space or a length of time over and over again forever meaning that there are infinite possible slightly different positions you could be in at infinite slightly different times
You can only divide space forever if you believe space can be divided infinitely. If we assume Planck length exists, you can't, as it's the smallest space possible. Meaning you can only divide space infinitely. As far as the many worlds theory goes, it really only seems to apply when characters can actively choose or cause a different outcome (I.e., the different endings of Shadow The Hedgehog which are their own timelines).

I think I will give this to Mario. Physically he is far superior to Eggman. Sure, with all his machines he can have ways to defeat Mario, but he will have no way of knowing the true threat level Mario poses. He will just see him as a man challenging him without knowing that Mario has powers and abilities on par with Sonic. If all of Robotnik's machines are lying around in Central Park, it's up to pure chance which one Robotnik will use first, and as long as Mario has the Pure Hearts, only the very best of the scientist's devices would be able to deal with him. At least 6 times out of 10, Robotnik would first go for something that only posed a minor threat to Mario, and as soon as Mario got past it, he would deliver a blow to Robotnik. Durable as Robotnik is, even one blow from Mario should be enough to incapacitate him unless he severely holds back. Mario has Galaxy level AP at minimum, while Robotnik's physical durability is "only" Small Star level at best. Mario is definitely more skilled than the doctor, so it shouldn't be that hard to land one blow. While there are definitely scenarios where the machine Robotnik goes for at the start could catch Mario by surprise and take him out, I imagine that the majority of the outcomes would be the opposite. If Robotnik had some preparation time, he would probably have a pretty good chance at victory, but this seems to be a random encounter battle.

I think I will give this to Mario. Physically he is far superior to Eggman. Sure, with all his machines he can have ways to defeat Mario, but he will have no way of knowing the true threat level Mario poses. He will just see him as a man challenging him without knowing that Mario has powers and abilities on par with Sonic. If all of Robotnik's machines are lying around in Central Park, it's up to pure chance which one Robotnik will use first, and as long as Mario has the Pure Hearts, only the very best of the scientist's devices would be able to deal with him. At least 6 times out of 10, Robotnik would first go for something that only posed a minor threat to Mario, and as soon as Mario got past it, he would deliver a blow to Robotnik. Durable as Robotnik is, even one blow from Mario should be enough to incapacitate him unless he severely holds back. Mario has Galaxy level AP at minimum, while Robotnik's physical durability is "only" Small Star level at best. Mario is definitely more skilled than the doctor, so it shouldn't be that hard to land one blow. While there are definitely scenarios where the machine Robotnik goes for at the start could catch Mario by surprise and take him out, I imagine that the majority of the outcomes would be the opposite. If Robotnik had some preparation time, he would probably have a pretty good chance at victory, but this seems to be a random encounter battle.
Counted

If Eggman's outside his vehicle, I vote Mario. Otherwise, I'm kiiiinda leaning Eggman overwhelming Mario with his Robots that copy abilities and Power's, on top of the Eggwizard. He could even have one of the Robots, like Mecha Sonic, operate another machine (Most notably, say, Time Eater.)

If Eggman's outside his vehicle, I vote Mario. Otherwise, I'm kiiiinda leaning Eggman overwhelming Mario with his Robots that copy abilities and Power's, on top of the Eggwizard. He could even have one of the Robots, like Mecha Sonic, operate another machine (Most notably, say, Time Eater.)
Eggman is in his EggMobile yes. So that being said, what is your vote?

This makes for more of an actual challenge, though I still give it to Mario due to his sheer skill and versatility. He has so many power-ups and abilities that he should be able to get around the Egg Wizard after a moderately difficult fight. Once he gets past the Egg Wizard, the other devices should be comparatively easy.

This makes for more of an actual challenge, though I still give it to Mario due to his sheer skill and versatility. He has so many power-ups and abilities that he should be able to get around the Egg Wizard after a moderately difficult fight. Once he gets past the Egg Wizard, the other devices should be comparatively easy.
Honestly, while the other devices are easier to take care of durability wise, most of his other options are far more haxxed. I'm under the assumption that all his creations would be attack Mario at once, no? I imagine he could like have them go on "auto-pilot"

Honestly, while the other devices are easier to take care of durability wise, most of his other options are far more haxxed. I'm under the assumption that all his creations would be attack Mario at once, no? I imagine he could like have them go on "auto-pilot"
I would imagine at bare minimum, he could have lesser robots pilot the machines if needed.

Ah! Good point. Having multiple machines active at once would be a bit more challenging. Still, considering Mario's durability with the Pure Hearts, physical attacks from anything other than Robotnik's very best technology won't so much as singe Mario's eyelashes. Do any of Robotnik's lesser weapons have had that would work on Mario?

Ah! Good point. Having multiple machines active at once would be a bit more challenging. Still, considering Mario's durability with the Pure Hearts, physical attacks from anything other than Robotnik's very best technology won't so much as singe Mario's eyelashes. Do any of Robotnik's lesser weapons have had that would work on Mario?
I'm not sure if Time Eater is counted, but he has like existence erasure and sealing/bfr.

Back