• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Speed Stuff

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
The Mario profiles are a bit… hmm… in terms of speed, in that, there’s only one Massively FTL+ rating that everything falls under, but it seems more attributed to Mario’s combat speed via dodging and the speed of the Launch Star/Starship Mario.

I’d suggest that the main cast instead gets a solid Massively FTL+ combat speed and a FTL travel speed from this calc.

Although, it is a bit dubious.

Under the verse page, it admittedly does not have a lot of recorded direct travel feats although I know the series must have some under it’s belt.

Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
This feat is fake as hell lol. Every single thing in this game would be moving at FTL speeds if we take it seriously and compare it to this beam

Every single thing in this game would be moving at FTL speeds if we take it seriously and compare it to this beam
Looks legit to me

I agree with Hypertornado, Mario and Luigi "moving in similar speeds to light" is just a cinematic timeframe, nothing else (Although i think there are other FTL feats that scale to their movement speed)

Theres a bajillion better yielding laser feats in the series tbh with hitting our realistic light standards.

Last edited:
Theres a bajillion better yielding laser feats in the series tbh with hitting our realistic light standards.
Yeah, I just went with the next best speed feat that was accepted on the verse page. But I do agree that it’s kinda iffy rn.

They don't move at the same time as the beams transit and it's compared afterwards - aka cinematic time

Could I ask you to elaborate regarding why the MFTL+ feat isn't legit for combat speed/reactions? I don't necessarily disagree but as the OP is rn I'd ask for a bit more reasoning.

Could I ask you to elaborate regarding why the MFTL+ feat isn't legit for combat speed/reactions? I don't necessarily disagree but as the OP is rn I'd ask for a bit more reasoning.
OP is arguing that the feat is indeed legit for combat speed, but they are arguing that the cast shouldn't just have a plain MFTL+ rating, and have FTL travel speed with MFTL+ combat speed instead.

OP is arguing that the feat is indeed legit for combat speed, but they are arguing that the cast shouldn't just have a plain MFTL+ rating, and have FTL travel speed with MFTL+ combat speed instead.
Ooh, I see, my bad. Then yeah fair.

The Rosa feat isn't really movement speed

Back