• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Outliers

I've been thinkinking lately why isn't mario and luigi scaled to bowser or other enemies like culex? How are they outliers?

As for Culex, it isn't currently on a different level from Mario. As for characters like Dreamy Bowser, Mario and Luigi aren't scaled for them because they would contradict themselves. Bowser in base form has been constantly fighting with Mario, so Bowser is scaled to Mario. If base Mario is multiversal at Dreamy Bowser level, it would scale to Bowser in base form, which would make base Bowser multiversal. The problem with that is that if base Bowser is multiversal at the same level as in its Dreamy form, it wouldn't need Dreamy form. And in addition, it is well implied that the Dreamy Bowser is far superior to base Bowser.

For this reason this feat is considered protagonism/PIS for Mario and Luigi (not outliers).

There can't be any "outliers" in Mario due to having virtually no continuity. Mario is supposed to have keys for each notable portrayal with a significant difference in power. That was the point of ny revision at least.

Peach-chan said:
There can't be any "outliers" in Mario due to having virtually no continuity. Mario is supposed to have keys for each notable portrayal with a significant difference in power. That was the point of ny revision at least.
Ok So mario and luigi cant scale to bowser and other villains

I don't think we're doing the multiple keys anymore, since DRB found consistent feats to scale Mario too.

But even treating Super Mario Galaxy or Dream Team as their own separate continuities, those fights are still PIS.

It depicts an unamped person somehow defeating someone who unamped is on par with him, but now had his power amped by trillions to even infinitely.

Ryukama said:
I don't think we're doing the multiple keys anymore, since DRB found consistent feats to scale Mario too.
But even treating Super Mario Galaxy or Dream Team as their own separate continuities, those fights are still PIS.

It depicts an unamped person somehow defeating someone who unamped is on par with him, but now had his power amped by trillions to even infinitely.
I thought Mario has no canon aka no continuity...

I'm not entirely sure how we're treating the canon to be honest. You'd have to ask Dino.

Even if we treated SMG and Dream Team as their own separate things, those fights are still PIS though.

I can understand Dreamy Bowser being PIS but the reason I think Galaxy Mario defeated Grand Star Bowser was because the Luma in his hat helped him. If you disregard the Luma then it's PIS.

I don't think there's really much to suggest the Luma was amping Mario's strength by orders of magnitude.

From what I recall and what Dino said the Luma extends to just giving Mario the spin attack. But if he or others think there's evidence of the Luma amping his overall power far more then sure.

@Adamjensen

Final Fantasy XV had a similar statement of the Astrals wielding the "Power of the Stars", so I don't think such a statement should be taken at face value since the upgrade was flat-out rejected for being too vague.

Ryukama:

Grant means agree to give. Meaning the Luma agreed to give Mario the powers of the stars, thus this proves why Mario is At least High 4-C. The Luma knows that Mario is a good guy so why would he take away the powers that he agreed to give to Mario in the first place? Even if the Luma left him...oh wait...If I am not mistaken this explains why he defeated enemies powered by the Grand Star. His feats against Bowser with the Power Star makes sense due to the powers the Luma granted him.

Reppuzan:

Final Fantasy XV is a different verse to the Mario verse, some verses and their characters have feats that contradict statements. Even if Final Fantasy XV did have feats that contradict their statements we can't just assume the same will happen to the Mario Verse. Just saying.

Again, nothing suggests the Luma did anything more than give Mario the spin attack. It didn't increase his strength or power by orders of magnitude.

@Adam

As Ryukama said, the Lumas didn't really give Mario a massive boost in power. He simply got the spin attack. There isn't really much indicating that he got the power of an actual star.

The Power Stars have had Tier 4 feats since the 64 games. Mario did not get amped to Tier 4 or Tier 3 because of the Luma. All he got was a spin attack.

Ryukama:

Alright. Because IIRC when I played SMG 1 and 2, during the credits after the Luma left him Mario couldn't perform the spin attack anymore. So that confirms you're right about that.

The Power Stars are irrefutable evidence that Mario is Tier 4. Even if Mario wasn't amped by the Power Stars he can still defeated Base Bowser (assuming that Bowser isn't amped by the Power Stars).

Base Mario = 1 Single Power Star

Base Bowser is usually on par or stronger than Mario

Mario got amped by numerous Power Stars to fight Bowser who was amped by numerous Power Stars in 64.

Mario didn't get amped at all to fight Bowser who was amped by Grand Stars in Galaxy. That is considered PIS.

Okay. Is there a link to a cutscene where it states that Base Mario = 1 Single Power Star? It helps to ease my doubts thanks.

Base Bowser is usually on par or stronger than which Bowser exactly?

I believe you.

I agree.

The fact that Base Mario is able to beat enemies that are amped by a single Power Star is proof of that.

Typo. I means Base Bowser is usally on par with or stronger than Base Mario.

Just reading some replies earlier, and I may be too late for this question to be answered but...

Isn't Mario one of the Seven Star children? In Yoshi's Island it's stated that each of the Seven Star Children were given a star right? It also said that it gave them tremendous power (At least from what I remember). That means it shouldn't be too far fetched to assume Mario can take on beings like Dreamy Bowser or Grand Star Powered Bowser. I mean, we've never really seen Mario ever collapse from exaustion when fighting Bowser, and he's consistantly fought him.

I just can't wrap my head around the outlier part (or PIS, whatever you'd like to call it)

All i can say is that bowser was amped up and mario defeated him with ease most likely. I cant but qualified since thats an Outlier but if mario was powered up by something during the fight it can be counted

@MLMG If being a Star Child = you can beat Bowser amped by Dream Stone or Grand Star, then why does Bowser even need these amps in the first place? Bowser is also a Star Child. By your logic, shouldn't he already be that powerful on his own?

The gap between Base Bowser and Grand Star Bowser is in the trillions. And according to this Tiering System, the difference between Grand Star Bowser and Dreamy Bowser is literally infinite.

Even if Mario's never "collapsed from exhaustion" the mere fact that he can, as you said, consistenly fight against Base Bowser without one shotting with a blink or utterly tanking all of his attacks shows that Mario is normally nowhere near Grand Star/Dream Stone Bowser.

But is is PIS. Imagine if Mark has consistently shown to be on par with Bob. Then Bob had a power boost by the trillions to times to infinitely. Yet without any increase to his previous strength at all, Mark over powers amped Bob. Would you not call that PIS?

Just thought of something but it's very likely too vague.

Aren't the Lumas tier 3 because of star-bits? The Lumas can transform into Galaxies but only after a sufficient number of star-bits have been given to them to consume, meaning star-bits are a tier 3 energy source. IIRC, Mario is able to harnass the power of said star-bits.

IIRC the Star Bits are really just food that the Luma's eat. It's like saying ramen is Tier 3 because Goku eats it and probably couldn't survive without eating. And I don't think within the story Mario ever does anything with the Star Bits besides collect them and toss them at people. Not gaining their energy and things like that.

Back