• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Manga Mega Man X Quick Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Migue79

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hello, everybody! Migue79 here to bring you all another Mega Man CRT! This time I bring about a new CRT with both a downgrade and upgrade in store...

Downgrade
For the downgrade... X's Attack Potency will simply lose the + from his Planet level rating. He gets the + due to this calculation. The link is down due to planned power outage apparently, but the calc essentially assumed that X contained enough energy to sub-atomize Japan with the text used to justify it saying that the energy X contained is enough to annihilate it. As far as I know, this is not enough evidence to make such a huge assumption given the word 'annihilate' can simply mean 'destroy' (not necessarily saying it does in this case). Therefore, this calculation cannot really be used to justify Manga X's rating.

With that said, X would still be Planet level (just without the +) via the General Feat from the Mega Man X4 manga, where the General's damaged body was able to successfully block a laser from a satellite that would destroy the Earth. X damaged General's body prior to the feat, by the way, hence the scaling.

Upgrade
For the upgrade, now... X is currently rated as High Hypersonic+ via this. It's a feat of Bass and Tengu Man flying out into outer space in a short timeframe in the Mega Man & Bass manga. The big problem with this is that this manga is unrelated to Iwamoto Yoshihiro's Mega Man X1-5 mangas. Therefore, it should be no surprise that this cannot be used to justify Manga X's speed rating.

Despite this, I propose to upgrade X to Speed of Light speed via scaling to Zero who could swing his Z-Sabre at the
speed of light. X scales because he fought Zero in the X5 manga evenly. So... Yeah. Straightforward.

And... Yeah. That's all for this revision. Baseline 5-B AP and Speed of Light speed for Manga X. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Agree but if the high hypersonic feat is gone, then the SoL rating is for combat and reactions, so what would be their travel speed, unknown?

He probs won't have any for the moment until I give the manga a full proper read.

Not like it's necessary atm given their speed rating (if not specified) is assumed to be their combat speed iirc

i don’t care bout manga man I just wanna jump n shoot this big dummy

anyways yeah sure whatever agree I didn’t even read the OP

Seems ok. Any chance the SoL statement is hyperbole, though? Zero's a fairly objective guy but you never know

Seems ok. Any chance the SoL statement is hyperbole, though? Zero's a fairly objective guy but you never know
Context for the scene (I hope the link works) is he quite literally just blitzes another Reploid from, like, 5-10 meters-ish juuuust after the Reploid presses a button of a switch (said switch was going to signal a bomb to go off).

Key thing is that the bomb didn’t go off even after he pressed it, so… Regarding context, it likely isn’t.

Context for the scene (I hope the link works) is he quite literally just blitzes another Reploid from, like, 5-10 meters-ish juuuust after the Reploid presses a button of a switch (said switch was going to signal a bomb to go off).

Key thing is that the bomb didn’t go off even after he pressed it, so… Regarding context, it likely isn’t.
Why tf is this manga readable on a chess site is beyond me

Alright. I'll go ahead and apply these revisions.

This seems fine to me as well. Should I close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back