• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Man that wants coexistence between monsters and humans disagrees with a man that wants to commit monster genocide due to them committing various war c

EmbalmerMaster9000

VS Battles
Retired
Luka vs Monster Islands Player

Chadluka
New and improved MI player image
watch out he's about to game end you with his blowdryer meta

Luka is using his early game key, the Player is using their Katar island (At least 7-C) key.

Victory via permanent death or incapacitation.

Both are in character, but are willing to kill.

Neither character has knowledge of one another.

Neither character has prep time.

Luka has Angel Halo, the player has all of his demonite amulets in addition to what is listed below:

• Bone Sword
  • Golden Katana
  • Candy Energy Sword
  • Earth Blast Staff
  • Earth Elemental
  • Cloak of the Undying
(abilities these things provide are listed in the Katar island section of the player's equipment, Cloak of the Undying is listed in non-level specific items)

Both characters are 100 meters away from one another.

SBA for everything else lol

omg why do you keep killing me while i'm mining for glacial ore im gonna report you: 7 (Saikou the Lewd King, ZackMoon1234, Walker21232123, DragonEmperor23, Ionliosite, Dusty Raider, Redite250)

He who survived many page deletions: 0

Thunder McQuee: 0

The player is going to be likely to equip a garnet amulet (the item that basically pacifies all nearby enemies, making them not attack the player until they're damaged by them in any shape or form) and probably damage him with something strong before unequipping and reequipping the garnet amulet so he stops attacking him.

Luka, on the other hand, has some wacky ability where a god rewinds time and he maintains his memories; so he'll just effectively restart the fight but with knowledge of what his opponent did last time. He also has the ability to absorb magical power from enemies with his sword, but I'm not sure what that does. Gonna need Saikou on this one.

It's basically a matter of "how does Luka deal with passive mindhax that stops him from attacking the player and how does the player deal with someone who rewinds time and knows what he's gonna do then", might be wrong, so I'll let someone give me any missing details.

"Absorbing magical power" basically means that his hits will weaken the enemy until they're defeated.

Also Luka's way of dealing with passive mindhax is just Ilias telling him "You don't have mindhax resistance, tough shit" and Luka being sent further back to avoid the fight. Aka a loss.

Should the winning be changed then (if the matchup is too unfair by any means) or should I simply count what you said as a vote?

I mean we'd need to know if Luka can actually win. How much timeframe is there between harming someone and re-equipping the amulet?

Also some of the effects of the amulets seems a biiit game mechanics-y. Like how monsters don't react to a strong attack charged next to them. That's just how neutral NPCs in games work, not something inherent to the amulet.

The effects seem pretty immediate, save for any entities approaching the player (whom of which just walk into melee range of them before just walking off and doing whatever), additional video of the same thing but with a bunch of pirates rather than the elves and stuff.

As for the game mechanics part, I'll agree on that. Neutral NPCs (literal citizens in a small society, AKA the unarmed elves in the elf village) in MI actually follow a similar rule to how the garnet amulet works (if player attacks them, they will attack the player until they are out of aggro range, in which they won't attack the player unless they attack them again and so on and so forth; the only difference being that the player can invoke the NPC pacifying effect voluntarily by equipping the amulet at any time). It's reasonable to assume that it should be considered game mechanics that they don't just try to sock the player in the face when they're held at gunpoint, let alone harmed by a random assailant with a weapon.

Just to add on a little bit, the description for the garnet amulet(s) mentions something about invasion bosses and NPCs acting differently to the amulet. These NPCs are the antagonists of the game with the sole purpose of killing the player due to them being tasked with the goal of closing the portals on the various main islands that otherwise allow them to keep invading the setting the game takes place in. Then again, the amulet works on random mooks that kill anything that gets close to them (aside from their own allies). Either way, this suggests that a character sufficiently bloodlusted (or just bloodlusted for that instance) are somewhat more immune to the effects of the amulet than would someone with probably different goals in mind be, as the amulet can then only influence them to prioritize attacking anyone else but the wearer unless provoked.

TL;dr:

1. The amulet's effects are pretty much immediate; they occur as soon as the amulet is equipped and effectively end up causing afflicted opponents to not attack.

2. I agree with your game mechanics viewpoint; I believe any form of aggression from the player should probably account for entities under the effect of the amulet to retaliate rather than just physical damage of any caliber.

3 (the one nobody asked for). There's a possibility that bloodlusted opponents are slightly resistant to the amulet; if there are any other opponents to attack, they will prioritize them over the player. Probably grounds for the ability's name to be changed from mind manipulation to something else unless it's fine as it is.

So I guess Luka has a shot at potentially winning....But I find it unlikely. So yeah, guess vote for the Player.

Back