• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Malefi VS Zeus (Sacred Heir)

Advantages: Massive size is larger than Zeus's planetary range (in 4-B at least)

Absorption nopes Lightning Manipulation, Wind Manipulation, Water Manipulation, Weather Manipulation and Energy Manipulation and will make Malefi stronger if Zeus tries.

Acausality nopes precog, causality and fate manipulation

Resistances nope reality warping and conceptual manipulation

Absorption can also potentially kill Zeus for good (though I should note that if Zeus only loses an arm or a leg to Malefi, he'll still be able to regen from that. It's only if he is completely consumed that his regen and immortality will be negated)

Disadvantages:

mindless - can be tricked/lured/baited incredibly easily

Acausality doesn't no sell precog.

Any here is what Zeus has:

-Seemingly more intellegent.

-Durability Negation

-His absorption most just traps Zeus. So maybe teleportation can help? Likely not.

-Cancels out Acausality with God of Olympus.

-Cancels out Regen as well.

Precog is seeing the future. Acausality is being free of the past, present and future. Unless I'm missing something about Zeus's precog acuasality should negate it

- Definitely more intelligent. Malefi is completely mindless, more like a force of nature than a entity. The only reason he is "attacking" Zeus is that Zeus is a large source of energy, and Maelfi will automatically move towards the largest source of energy he can sense in the multiverse.

- If it can get past the automatic on-contact absorption, yes durability negation will help.

- Not sure what you mean by "traps Zeus". If Malefi's 'fog' touches Zeus, whatever part is touched will be broken down and absorbed, not trapped inside Malefi or something. If you mean 'traps' as in if Zeus is surrounded by the fog but not actually touched by it, then yes teleportation will definitely help. Assuming Zeus doesn't underestimate Malefi's size and accidently teleport into the middle of it or something.

- Same as what I said on durability negation

- ^

Well Zeus will regenerate from whatever is broken down. The guys not only has type 8 immortality, but Mid-Godly Regen. And you never specified what amount of Regen he can break. Unlike Zeus who can take on Titans and Gods who have Mid-Godly Regen, you don't have a defining limit to his regen negation

Also the Acausality page says nothing about Precog not working. Being Acausual simply means you are immune to the effects of cause and effct. Such as Causality Manipulation and such.

"An entity that is acausal has no true beginning or end, and is thus essentially immune to offensive causality manipulation and time travel. Even if you go back in time and kill an acausal being in the past or prevent him/her/it from being born/created, it will still exist in the present and other timelines. Often, even if an acausal being is killed in the present, it can still survive by appearing from another timeline. Thus, acausal beings are very difficult to permanently destroy, often requiring the use of high-level reality warping."

Zeus can still use his precognition to see what will happen next. He just has to react to do something.

It can negate any level as long as it is done fully. If Zeus gets completely surrounded by the fog and absorbed, mid-godly won't help. True-Godly wouldn't help, because it isn't exactly 'damage', 'erasure' or 'death' that is being done - the absorbed being has simply entered a new state of being as a new part of Malefi.

I was under the impression that acausality does negate precog for the reasons above, but ok, assume it doesn't. How far into the future is the precog?

It is like a warning power. It warns him of his opponents most devastating attack. Meaning Zeus would know to stay away from and use the Blade of Olympos from a distance. The absorption is tricky, but Zeus also has powerful absorption as well with Titan Killer. Although I wouldn' mind Zeus dying here since he's a prick.

Also I wouldn't say that it stops True-Godly regen as that is also saying he can absorb a 1-A-High 1-A character...Which is NLF for a 4-B.

Assuming that said True-Godly regenerater was actually someone Mal could absorb to begin with and not 1-C and > , yes it would neg the True Godly.

I question Titan Killer and Blade of Olympus working. The moment they touch the fog, they'll be broken down into the most fundamental metaphysical fragments of reality and absorbed. It's like sub-atomic moleular manipulation happening to magic and souls and stuff.

A few things on the issue of precog. Mal isn't attacking per se, just moving closer to Zeus and his presence will absorb him. Wil precog still warn Zeus?

Also, am I to understand Zeus's precog isnt' telling him what is actually happening and what to do ? It's more like a spidersense saying where the danger is about to come from? Because Mal is the size of a solar system, and will constantly move its 'centre' closer to Zeus. If Zeus is only being warned "don't touch the the fog", then it is entirely possible that he will be surrounded by Mal without realising it.

Which brings up the next point, what is the range of Zeus's teleportation? And how does he direct it?

"Assuming that said True-Godly regenerater was actually someone Mal could absorb to begin with and not 1-C and > , yes it would neg the True Godly."

Him absorbing a Low 2-C is pretty suspect as is. But that is a subject for another day.

"I question Titan Killer and Blade of Olympus working. The moment they touch the fog, they'll be broken down into the most fundamental metaphysical fragments of reality and absorbed. It's like sub-atomic moleular manipulation happening to magic and souls and stuff."

At the same time, the moment they touch the fog Malefi's abilities would already be negated as well as the after effect is still a separate effect from the actual attack. But then again this isn't Daiyaru.

"Also, am I to understand Zeus's precog isnt' telling him what is actually happening and what to do ? It's more like a spidersense saying where the danger is about to come from? Because Mal is the size of a solar system, and will constantly move its 'centre' closer to Zeus. If Zeus is only being warned "don't touch the the fog", then it is entirely possible that he will be surrounded by Mal without realising it."

Zeus is no fool. He has fought Erebus who is very similar to Malefi. So this is nothing totally new, but it is stil very effective.

"Which brings up the next point, what is the range of Zeus's teleportation? And how does he direct it?"

He can teleport from universe to universe.

Of course honestly Daiyaru would've been a better match here...

Meh, I saw a 4-B Sacred Heir I used it.

Also, I just remembered that Malefi's acausality is the result of him being linked to a High 1-B entity. I sorta doubt Blade of Olympus can take that down.

Cross-Universal teleportation will handily get Zeus out of any sticky situations with ease

I'm thinking this match-up is inconclusive. Zeus having cross-universal teleportation + precog and having fought Erebus means that Malefi is not going to be able to trap and absorb him at any point, but at the same time, I don't see Zeus doing anything to Malefi either.

Malefi's resistances and acausality nopes Zeus's reality warping and causality/fate manip and Zeus's regen/dura negation abilities are all contact based, and the moment they make contact with Maleif, they will be absorbed, regen/dura negating effects and all. Even if the regen/dura negating effect somehow went through, which isn't likely as it is still a magical ability used against someone who absorbs magic, Zeus still wouldn't be able to physically damage him, as the moment the damaging weapon hit, it would also be absorbed

The page said he's a master of magic and nothing about astra, assuming magic was how it worked was reasonable.

If it's a higher dimensional power, either it works at that level, in which case Zeus is higher dimensional not 4-B, or it's scaled down to their dimensional level, in which case it is still something Malefi can absorb.

Astra is simply Sacred Heirs energy source. Nothing more. Magic is just extra.

Don't worry it is scaled down. I mean remember true Zeus is 1-B so he technically is higher dimensional. He has mastery of magic, but once again my blog is still incomplete so this stuff hasn't been fully explained....I wasn't expecting Malefi to be this major ZeedMillenniummon type Conceptual threat. Ii knew he was haxxed, but I didn't feel a need to rush the blog....I forgot whose characters I was dealing with XD

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I wasn't expecting Malefi to be this major ZeedMillenniummon type Conceptual threat.
Lol. I didn't actually think about Zeed when I was making this guy, only saw the similarities after. When I started this guy, the initial power was "he's a solar system sized blob that can absorb solar energy to grow stronger" and then I kinda went ... but wait. How about he absorbs everything else ... and he's non-corporeal too.

Ironically, concepts are the one thing to which I was like "no, he can't absorb those, that doesn't make sense".

And then I decided to add lore, and he became a fragment/offshoot of Ahriman and suddenly he was acasual too with super resistences, and boom, that's how Malefi became the super hax being we know and love today.

Back