• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magical Madoka Downgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordAizenSama

VS Battles
Retired
I've been wondering, what exactly makes God Madoka , (and by extension homura ) nigh-Omnipresent? She gets caught off guard Outright in the movie by Homura in her human form, and then theres the fact she can't interact with the Physical world..

Is there something I am missing? Her speed should probably be at Unknown

Well,she is in the Isolation Zone (Astral Plane, where Homura has complete control) still though it has now obtained a giant hole in it, which was designed for her forcing her to take a human form (ie why shes human in most of the movie and Kyubey's plans) and making her a singular entity (Kyubey's plan was to trap her in said zone as it was designed to counteract her omniprescence) To see where this happens search up Kyubey's explanation for the zone.

For your second question, the answer is simple, she can't become a magical girl (at least a complete one) til her wish is finished, hence why the timeline restarts and shes no where to be found.

The reason why shes nigh omnipresent and not omniprescent is because here we regard the Isolation Zone, a zone made for her specifically, as proof that shes not.

I'll just list my questions/thoughts on this:

-Where does the story mention Omnipresence at all? or featwise?

-if there is none why are we assuming she has it?

-If she was Nigh Omnipresent she should not have had issues with any of the problems she faced

"For your second question, the answer is simple, she can't become a magical girl (at least a complete one) til her wish is finished, hence why the timeline restarts and shes no where to be found."

But if she was Nigh omni, she wouldn't have this issue right? that doesn't sound like omnipresence at all to me

LordAizenSama said:
I'll list my questions on this:
-Where does the story mention Omnipresence at all? or featwise?

-if there is none why are we assuming she has it?

-If she was Nigh Omnipresent she should not have had issues with any of the problems she faced
-She is regarded as such for being able to save all magical girls through multiple(possibly infinite) universes, and taking her sweet time doing it (i.e. look at episode 12)

-^

-Like I said, for a magical girl to become a magical girl, her wish needed to be finished first, and the wish was that she takes down the witches before they were born.

Bill Cipher The Dorito said:
Again Simple answer: SHE IS NOT NIGH-OMNIPRESENT AND HER SPEED SHOULD BE UNKNOWN!!
We don't a want simple answer, we want the correct one.

@Somebodystupid that does not make sense, can this not be simple Reality warping on that scale? If She was multiversal she should be able to do it all at once immediately, and the same scenario with multi-universal. and theres only been confirmed 100~ universes, so this nigh-omnipresent is also assuming there are infinite universes aswell..

so she was going by 1 universe at a time rewriting the universe?

LordAizenSama said:
@Somebodystupid that does not make sense, can this not be simple Reality warping on that scale? If She was multiversal she should be able to do it all at once immediately, and the same scenario with multi-universal. and theres only been confirmed 100~ universes, so this nigh-omnipresent is also assuming there are infinite universes aswell..
so she was going by 1 universe at a time rewriting the universe?
Not really, if you were to actually see the show, you would have seen that she herself was there for each magical girl, not to mention she specifically says the she will do it herself, not to just remove the concept. ...What does ap have to do with speed? lol.

I have seen it, and I am not convinced. You can see particles breaking off from her going and helping them.. travelling towards them aswell. and i was just mentioning range not AP/DC.

couple that with the fact that a omnipresent being can't interact with the physical realm yeah nah.

and is her omnipresence based off this ? @ 4:35, she fires that beam up, which breaks up into parts and travels to various places. that does not look like omnipresence at all.

Didn't somebody tell me that she became an abstract entity? That should give her a certain measure of omnipresence.

Hao Asakura is omnipresent yet he was blitzed by the elemental warriors though he subconsciously never wanted to hurt them to begin with.Madoka is a concept so she should logically be everywhere whatever concept she is lies because it's her.

Madoka's concept is omnipresent, but her manifestation body is not omnipresent. It's a pretty common thing for abstract beings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back