• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Madness Combat Type 2 Immortality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
"Characters with this degree of immortality can indefinitely survive injuries that would otherwise be lethal to a normal person, without needing to heal."

"Capable of surviving intense damage across the body"

I have no idea what the type 2 immortality refers to in pretty much all of these characters' cases. Hank dies to lethal injuries, he just fights a bit before doing so. At no point does he indefinitely survive the effects of a lethal injury without intervention. Deimos also has this but it only makes sense for Tricky, who is a zombie and walks off conventionally lethal injuries like getting his face pumped full of bullets. Until the Improbability Drive is destroyed.

The closest thing that I can see for T2 Immortality is in MC5 Hank getting his chest stabbed by Tricky's warning sign before getting decapitaded by the same and MC6 where he lacks his lower jaw and gets screwed after the train explosed before getting killed and ressurrected by Tricky.

He's not decapitated, Tricky just stabs him through the throat. None of those are type 2 immortality.

He is decapitated in MC5, Tricky stabs him in the throat in MC6... and I've never said those were T2 actually bruh

Well, yeah, but he dies in MC5 there, why is that notable?

I wasn't saying you were, just expressing that.

I agree that Type 2 should only be given to Tricky in this circumstance, Hank dies a fair few times in the series, he's just insanely tenacious.

You could maybe imply Type 2 by the way he responds to Tricky at the beginning of 7 despite missing half his head, but it's clear that he was going to die without the Higher Powers intervening and restoring him.

That doesn't mean he's not lethally injured or anything. He doesn't just go on for the rest of his life like that, it's one of the many injuries that has to be healed when he's resurrected again. Without an explicit display I strongly oppose giving him Type 2.

Every time he dies after get some injury, either he dies immediately or he shows difficulty of getting up and eventually dies, this is not what happens until Tricky goes berserk, he doesn't seem that he is bothered at all. At best, he can still survive lethal injuries as long as it is not in vital points, damn he died in MC3 by a sword piercing through his chest, in MC4 he doesn't dies but still shown difficult of movement and attacking, in MC5, he just stands and even removes the streetsign out of his body.

The injury still ***** him over in MC4, and yeah, he removes it from his body, that doesn't mean he's in great condition or anything.

That's what I said, however it does implies that his injuries tolerance get better and better, which makes sense. Btw, Hank literally prepares to attack Tricky after he removes the streetsign, unlike priorly.

That doesn't make it Type 2 Immortality, it's still a Stamina feat.

I don't see how it isn't type 2, it a lethal injury that a normal people wouldn't survived, he gets pierced right through the chest (and likely his heart too) and he just prepares to attack after Tricky auto-resurrects.

Type 2 Immortality is indefinitely surviving it. Anything less than explicitly not healing a lethal injury and going on like that essentially indefinitely doesn't and shouldn't count.

And he did survived it, he was killed by Tricky ripping his head with bare hands, not by the streetsign.

That doesn't mean he would've survived forever with the streetsign in his torso.

I agree. Type 2 immortality is described as being able to survive fatal wounds indefinitely. Hank isn't the case here; He uses bandages to keep himself from bleeding out, and dies to most conventional injuries. At best, he has impressive pain resistance and stamina. The only ones that I can see having Type 2 is Tricky, and maybe Jesus with the Halo

Just saying Jesus casually walked around with his entire head above his jaw ripped off without issue, he'd probably get immortality type 2 as well

Okay. That is probably fine to apply then.

Is somebody here willing to handle it?

Thank you for helping out. I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back