• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
OH BOY HERE WE GO, THE BIG ONE...

Lupin iii thief vs thief by rustytoons d1q7jg2-fullview

First of which Sly is 2.93 Tons (Large Building.) And does Lupin have ALL of his equipment like Sly? Otherwise he would probably be in a major disadvantage. You see Stefano, Since the very beginning the huge thing that really REALLY concerns me is Sly's time hacks and other inventory he somehow carrys along with him as this would probably give him a sharp edge over Lupin I don't know about you, however accordingly Time hacks for Sly does have its limitations at times.

Sly's Slow and Fast techniques affect him as well as his opponents (However his reactions remain the same), the Rage Bomb and Insanity Strike are only effective if he's fighting more than one person (Which means this won't work unless Lupin's allies are there with him.), his Stun technique only affects his opponents body for example if his opponent shot a bullet and Sly used "Stun." The opponent will be frozen in time but the bullet that was fired will be unaffected which if Lupin thinks of something he might have a chance then not to mention come to think of it he does seem much smarter then Sly, also worth to mention Sly's Silent Obliteration technique does not work unless performed as a sneak attack from behind which in this case is a big no no then given Lupin's senses and experince I mean Lupin literally has shot people hiding in very well guarded places MANY TIMES I'm surpised he doesn't have Extrasensory perception in his profile as well, Sleep manipulation would not work due to Lupin's suprisingly high resistance to such actually not to mention given he woke up in an instant from Wataru Uraga's decipher message and I think from Leonardo Da Vinci also, Invisibility does not work if the enemy already saw him though if they lose sight of him afterward it does but it has been stated that Sly can not attack while doing this.

I checked and Lupin should be around 2.204 Tons of TNT apparently the one that got accepted and does seem slightly tougher compared to Sly... Take that as you will.

Anomalous N I W D E said:
I checked and Lupin should be around 2.204 Tons of TNT apparently the one that got accepted and does seem slightly tougher compared to Sly... Take that as you will.
That is unlikely, considering that he can survive Carmelita's Shock Pistol which is around 2.93 Tons of TNT.

Stefano4444 said:
Anomalous N I W D E said:
That is unlikely, considering that he can survive Carmelita's Shock Pistol which is around 2.93 Tons of TNT.
You see the thing is while they should be around the general ball park of Large Building. Lupin's still does seem to be a tad higher like its around .204 Tons compared to a .93 Tons.

Also I been meaning to ask is Lupin allowed to have his inventory like Sly? Sly's time Hax would make this a bit tricky unless Lupin thinks of something given his abnormal cunning does seem much higher then your typical master thief being an Extraordinary Genius Lupin shows astute intuition and awareness of his surroundings so much so he was able to discover Yael Okuzaki was using a device hidden on his eye that allowed him to see the cameras in the entire city even though Lupin never saw Okuzaki's device he was able to create a better one and he hacked Okuzaki's, Solved the mystery of the Tower of Babel when not even members of an advanced alien civilization could during thousands of years, And remember that I mentioned Wataru? He's a genius scientist that was capable of creating a method to implant a personification of himself inside someone's subconscious by simply reading the previously mentioned code, Was the first people to wake up and be deemed worthy by Da Vinci a clone of the famous Leonardo Da Vinci made up with all the greatest minds of the past (by using Wataru's knowledge) Who could easily replicate Wataru Uraga's invention but on a massive scale to the point to making everyone in Italy fall asleep and was going to replace all those people's personalities with his own... Only to fail due to Lupin. Ultimately beat Mamo in "The Mystery of Mamo" And a being claimed to be thousands of years old who had acquired the knowledge and wisdom of all geniuses, scientists and philosophers of history, and who had claimed to be behind most historical events.

What do you think overall?... Don't get me wrong I fondly played the Sly Cooper Games in my lifetime before and Sly has NEVER DONE THIS MUCH COMPARED TO LUPIN.

InfiniteSped said:
I'm pretty sure 2.93 tons is > 2.203 tons.
I mean the number for 203 seemed to be obvious for it being a bigger number to a 93 unless there's something I'm just not seeing I pardon my mistake on it they shouldn't be too far anyways.

Overall this fight might not be very linearly justified on who heads first with what, would one have their inventory is what i'm asking yet there seems to be no confirmation on such for now and whatnot. Well for starters Time manipulation is definitely not something Sly has never went with first come to think of it which is curious given the fact he has gotten into many potential in-story troubles in his lifetime as he has not used such ability in battle or pursuits unless instructed by player in game unless theives in time might say something I don't know, while Lupin's senses and far greater I.Q. it may not always be considered at first but is really not going to make this any easier for Sly as he is legitimately very abnormally cunning with his tactics.

InfiniteSped said:
The "93" there would actually be "930". The zero isn't shown since it's not relevant.
Ah oof, Still they could of putted 930 then anyways it ended up confusing individuals like myself so nevermind what I said on that... Nevertheless they are still somewhat THERE on that level at least Sly is not full on more then 3 or higher Tons then yeah Lupin would now be in a slight disadvantage by now then at least how it is for now I'm looking back on the threads on Lupin as I feel some things are still needed to be looked over.

Lupin is only 8-C whereas Sly is High 8-C and the difference is around 1.88 tons of TNT to 2.93 tons of TNT so Sly has the AP advantage, unless I'm looking at calcs wrong. I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to upscale characters above what they are on threads anyways.

Insanity Strike is literally shown to be able to work on at least one person, and Insanity Bombs should also be able to work on one person. You could possibly argue Invisibility for Sly but Lupin has Extrasensory Perception, and Silent Obliteration only works as a sneak attack.

I'd say Sly wins via Insanity Strike/Bombs and superior AP.

Lupin is only 8-C whereas Sly is High 8-C and the difference is around 1.88 tons of TNT to 2.93 tons of TNT so Sly has the AP advantage, unless I'm looking at calcs wrong. I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to upscale characters above what they are on threads anyways.

Insanity Strike is literally shown to be able to work on at least one person, and Insanity Bombs should also be able to work on one person. You could possibly argue Invisibility for Sly but Lupin has Extrasensory Perception, and Silent Obliteration only works as a sneak attack.

I'd say Sly wins via Insanity Strike/Bombs and superior AP.
The thing is he used to be High 8-C... But then got upgraded to 8-B... Technically Sly would be the one becoming a pelt for Lupin (For now).

Even without prep, thanks to his intuition and EXP, Lupin is pretty damn tricky to well... trick and subdue. He'd find a way out from from those.

Time Hax if Sly leads with it may become a problem for him though.

Last edited:
unknown.png

"Possibly 8-B" doesn't mean he is 8-B.
Possibly on the wiki is "Should be used to list a statistic for a character with some basis, but inconclusive due to the justification being vague or non-definitive. The probability of the justification in question for being reliable should be notable, but mild. This term should be used sparingly." meaning using the 8-B scaling isn't allowed as it is inconclusive.

If Sly leads with Time hax he will overpower and eventually win.

unknown.png

"Possibly 8-B" doesn't mean he is 8-B.
Possibly on the wiki is "Should be used to list a statistic for a character with some basis, but inconclusive due to the justification being vague or non-definitive. The probability of the justification in question for being reliable should be notable, but mild. This term should be used sparingly." meaning using the 8-B scaling isn't allowed as it is inconclusive.
Not really, there are bouts even with that.
If Sly leads with Time hax he will overpower and eventually win.
Yeah, though that depends. If we were to just use 8-C then he has an AP advantage (For now however, Lupin's likely depicted as much more then that... if only the recommended feats were calced).

Back