• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucemon Shadowlord, Ogudomon and Machinedramon Upgrade.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
This is the last Digimon Upgrade I swear!!!!...from me anyway...

So me and Darkaine briefly discussed possibly upgrading Lucemon SM and Ogudomon to "possibly High 2-A. Here's my shameless copy and paste of what my reasoning was. If Lucemon FM was someone who could challenge God (albeit he was curbstomped.Although the same could be said for Zeed.) Would Lucemon SM with all the Code Keys be near Zeed's Level? And Ogudomon since it is the second Super Demon Lord. This is due to Lucemon gaining all the Demon Lords Code Keys. Plus Base Lucemon is already on the High end of 2-A.

Now Machinedramon is another Cyber Sleuth Digimon that you fight during the Royal Knight hunt and is VERY important since it is how Yuuko got her Samudramon/Gaiomon and like I said, this is during the Demon Lord Hunt AFTER you meet and fight Dynasmon during the Magnamon recruitment. So I say we should upgrade Machinedramon due to feeping up and fighting Takumi.

Admins In Agreement:0

Members in Agreement(Including Me.):3

Seems fairly reasonable to me. Ogudomon is head and shoulders above any of the Demon Lords and considering how Lucemon FM can challenge God, Satan Mode would be above him.

Well, there would have to be a separate tab for it, otherwise scaling would just get weird (considering how WarGreymon diced him with ease), otherwise no objections.

Also, if im not mistaken, Machinedramon and the rest of the Dark Masters are Low 2-C in the Wonderswan games (im gonna need to check again) for battling Ryu Akiyama.

I of course agree with this upgrade.

I do not really have an opinion about this. I do not know anything about Digimon. However, I find an entire cast strictly filled with 2-A and High 2-A characters kind of suspicious. It is possible thst just a few of them qualify, whereas the rest is due to Plot Induced Stupidity.

Basically, the lore states that Lucemon FM was strong enough to at least confront God without losing instantly (unlike fellow Demon Lords, like Daemon) and Satan Mode is way stronger than Lucemon FM, possibly strong enough to fight against God.

The possibly High 2-A bit is backed up somewhat by Mother Eater having a vague statement about Ultradimensional and Higher Dimensional capabilities, and an Avatar of Barbamon [whom Lucemon FM is stronger than] is roughly in the same same league as the Mother Eater. As just an avatar, his true form was stated to be many, possibly even infinitely times stronger.

As for the PIS, I do ambit that 2-A Machinedramon is a bit of a stretch, especially that the same Machinedramon lost against Mid Game Takumi and Arata, whose best feats were beating the Town level Eaters not to long ago, with no real indication of it getting stronger. The same Machinedramon was also completely replaced by another Digimon before the final battle so it wouldn't scale to the Mother Eater or even the Royal Knights at all.

Other characters who scale to 2-A characters are legit though. It took lots of characters to defeat the Mother Eater (Alphamon, Omegamon, Takumi, Arata, Yuuko and their respective partner Digimon), and the Royal Knights directly scale off of the people who defeated it. Examon was stated to be stronger than Omegamon in terms of brute strength by Omegamon itself, Gallantmon and Magnamon held their own against Examon, Leopardmon was even stronger than Examon, Dynasmon held his own against Alphamon and so on.

Non-Royal Knight 2-A characters also are scaled fine imo. BanchoLeomon was trained by Gankoomon (A member of the RK), Monzaemon was powered by the Avatars of the Demon Lords, the Demon Lords were shown to be on par with the Knights [Barbamon defeated UlforceVeedramon off screen]. Lastly, Yuugo managed to overpower the Mother Eater during the final battle.

It might seem like most Digimon are 2-A, but its not really true. These are just the top tiers of the verse. Most Digimon would probably be in the Town~Country range if I had to guess.

Well, okay then, but it seems to be a very strange franchise, both in terms of power levels, and naming conventions.

Hmm...not sure.

Zeed itself was said to pose a threat to God, was it not? I thought the best Lucemon had was that it challenged God, but lost. That does not necessarily equate to comparable power.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Hmm...not sure.
Zeed itself was said to pose a threat to God, was it not? I thought the best Lucemon had was that it challenged God, but lost. That does not necessarily equate to comparable power.

Heres the exact quote from his lore entry.

"It instigated a rebellion in the far-flung past, and so it was sealed in the Dark Area along with many other Demon Lord Digimon. Its power exceeds that of Ultimates, and is said to rival that of the existence called "God" as well. It has a contradictory existence, in that one side of it loves all things, as God does, while the other is trying to destroy the whole world, as the Devil does"

Source: Wikimo

Eh, that seems far more like a biblical allusion and second-hand account than anything concrete, especially since Zeed >>> the Demon Lords, and if Lucemon actually rivalled God, who despite being "threatened" by Zeed, is still significantly superior to it, this would imply Lucemon >>> Zeed. Also considering there's never any mention of it actually harming or threatening God (or anything of the sort), I wouldn't put too much faith in it.

Good point. It also makes a bit of inconsistency considering how Daemon is nearly as powerful as Lucemon, yet was completely and utterly stomped by God. I can't really find anything else that would put Satan Mode [And by extension, Ogudomon infused with Satan Mode] to put them in God, Zeed, ENIC or even ABCs league.

I guess I can accept them all just being high ends 2-A until anything new comes up.

It's true that Machinedramon is likely an outlier and such I waited before I posted this before the last thread that upgraded the digimon since I wasn't sure. And for Lucemon SM and Ogudomon they are probably still in the Higher ends of 2-A however due to the massive boost Lucemon gets from the Code Keys I thought it would be enough to put him at Zeed's level. Plus we've never seen God fight Lucemon SM as of yet.

@Ant yeah this is why I was kinda relunctant to make this since A LOT of Digimon have made a jump to 2-A, however unlike most franchises Digimon usually stays consistent with Lore and Scaling. And when it comes to naming....don't get me started on how the names of digimon come off as really insane...

Yeah, my eyes start to glaze over as soon as I start to read the names of the characters that people are talking about. It is extremely hard to gain an interest for characters with such bland and idiotic names.

Like LordKnightmon or Leopardmon...Those are just some of the bland ones. I tend to gravitate towards the games more than the anime though. It's a good series although like I said the names take getting used to. And you have to get used to the drastic evolution process.

Back