• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lovecraft vs Demonbane

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lovecraft verse vs Demonbane verse

Round 1: Original Lovecraft vs Demonbane verse (Azathoth restricted)

Round 2: EU Lovecraft vs Demonbane verse (Azathoth restricted)

Round 3: EU Lovecraft vs Demonbane verse (Azathoth unrestricted for both sides)

Note that this only assumes all High 1-A characters are equal and 2 High 1-A characters are > one High 1-A character.

Round 1: Original Lovecraft.

Round 2: EU Lovecraft with even greater ease.

Round 3: Stalemate between the two Azathoths.

But we can't accurately judge that inbetween franchises. Like, we can't determine if Lovecraft Yog-Sothoth is superior to Demonbane Yog-Sothoth.

R1: Either a draw or original Lovecraft, if the Mist, the Darkness, and Carter are taken into account.

R2: Expanded Mythos ROFLstomps with its horrendous power boost and contradictions.

R3: Battle goes nowhere. The two Azzy's realize they're the same guy and go have a slumber party.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
R1: Either a draw or original Lovecraft, if the Mist, the Darkness, and Carter are taken into account.
R2: Expanded Mythos ROFLstomps with its horrendous power boost and contradictions.

R3: Battle goes nowhere. The two Azzy's realize they're the same guy and go have a slumber party.
Isn't Carter just an avatar of Yog-Sothoth though? That doesn't actually increase Lovecraft's power, since he is just being powered by Yog-Sothoth, and Lovecraft has Yog-Sothoth even without Randolph Carter. Mist and Darkness might win it for team 1.

What is it about the expanded mythos that makes them so OP if I may ask. Which EU stories and characters reach this level of OP?

He is, but his archetype is technically a separate being while still being part of Yog...it's...confusing. Yeah, It's possible Mist, Darkness, and Yog might be enough on their own.

Here are just a few examples.

Yad-Thaddag. Completely equal to Yog, but basically fully benevolent as opposed to apathetic.

Mh'ithrha. Equal to Yog. In a constant battle against the All-In-One. If Yog loses, Mh'ithrha will eat all of creation. ALL of it.

Cthulhu. Expanded universe Cthulhu got an absurd boost from his canon self. He knows every spell in existence, can summon Azathoth, and his arch nemesis is one of the higher ranking Elder Gods.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
He is, but his archetype is technically a separate being while still being part of Yog...it's...confusing. Yeah, It's possible Mist, Darkness, and Yog might be enough on their own.

Here are just a few examples.

Yad-Thaddag. Completely equal to Yog, but basically fully benevolent as opposed to apathetic.

Mh'ithrha. Equal to Yog. In a constant battle against the All-In-One. If Yog loses, Mh'ithrha will eat all of creation. ALL of it.

Cthulhu. Expanded universe Cthulhu got an absurd boost from his canon self. He knows every spell in existence, can summon Azathoth, and his arch nemesis is one of the higher ranking Elder Gods.
But if his power just comes from Yog-Sothoth, he's not adding anything in terms of power to the Lovecraft mythos. He's basically just backed up by Yog-Sothoth.

Man EU Lovecraft is amazing (in terms of power and interesting plot), especially the Mh'Ithrha guy.

We should make profiles for them and just have power scaling rules similar to Marvel and DC for Lovecraft.

Maybe. Again, it could get incredibly confusing and convoluted, and there are some I'd prefer to stay away from due to the questions they bring up.

Mh'ithrha is pretty cool. He's the Archlord of all the Hounds of Tindalos. Due to being far older than our concept of time, he's popped up every so often, leaving legends in his wake. In the mythos, he's what inspired Fenris in Norse Mythology. Just wish he'd been used more.

Oh well. Doesn't stop me from putting him in my CoC campaigns.

What particular questions would you like to avoid, minus everything involving Cthulhu himself?

Sounds like a really interesting entity.

What are CoC campaigns?

Basically almost everything about powerscaling, where the fit into the mythos, and drastically varying stats from author to author.

Mhm.

Call of Cthulhu is a tabletop RPG, like Dungeons and Dragons. Except...you're humans, and there are a ton of beings from the Cthulhu Mythos, original and expanded. It's also notoriously difficult, for obvious reasons.

This thread... sigh...

Well...

Round 1: Clockwork phantom solos

Round 2: Likely Clockwork phantom solos

DarkLK said:
This thread... sigh...
Well...

Round 1: Clockwork phantom solos

Round 2: Likely Clockwork phantom solos
Care to elaborate?

Everyone else seems to be saying Lovecraft wins both rounds.

I do not know anything in the original Lovecraft that would be superior to the outer shell of the Clockwork Phantom.

In fact I would say it's a draw, but if someone thinks that the original Lovecraft supposedly can have a clear advantage, then I would rather stand by DMB.

I would much prefer if you do not create expanded universe profiles. it would likely turn too confusing and contradictory, and is similar to allowing fanfiction. Lovecraft likely did not intend for anybody else to continue adding to his work.

Eh, I don't know about this one. If I knew exactly how powerful EGD and Clockwork Phantom Final Lot are, I could give an answer. For now, betting on:

Round 1: Draw. EGD and CP are very powerful, from what I know. Possibly Lovecraft takes this with the Nameless Mist & alikes.

Round 2: Lovecraft mythos.

Round 3: Tie.

About the original Lovecraft, it has four High 1-A beings as opposed to Demonbane's two, and this isn't even counting the expanded mythos. That's why people are saying it would win.

I do not see any reason why the concept or feats of any of these four high 1-A surpasses even Clockwork Phantom.

And yes, if someone thinks that the number of "high 1-A" actually has a value, it only means that this "high 1-A" are not reality that high.

Well, I'm not exactly sure we have another way to judge the difference in power of verses like this.

Also, why do you think Clockwork Phantom (A 1-A character) wouls beat four High 1-A characters?

In fact, I think that they probably can not do anything to each other. While the general DMB-verse concepts (everyone uses Azathoth power directly) are better suited to fighting in my opinion. And Clockwork Phantom is 1-A only in ACF standards.

While I personally think the original mythos may have a slight edge in power and the expanded mythos has a large edge in power simply due to complete BS scaling it pulls, I do agree that DMB is better suited for actual fighting directly.

Thing that is literally infinities and infinities compared to other dimensionless things is below top tiers in DMB (not only Yog and EGD, but four other Elder Gods, and some Outer Gods, and Unnamed Mist should also be in DMB-verse).

And about BS scaling. Any sorcerer directly uses Azathoth power that is transcendental for all. Ruri Hadou defeated Naya, dispelled infinite realm of chaos and break the ring of Yog-Sothoth. She is probably one of the weakest of the heap of the main characters are not related to the original Lovecraft.

DarkLK said:
(not only Yog and EGD, but four other Elder Gods, and some Outer Gods, and Unnamed Mist should also be in DMB-verse).
Is the Mist mentioned? If so, you could probably make an argument for its existence based on that, alone.

It was said that The Nameless One's name is reference to the some great god. In addition, the pilot of the The Nameless One was someone (but it was unclear incarnation that was different from her role in the Nyarlathotep's cycles) who told the story about the great ancient battle between EGD with Outer Gods. She is also basically on an equal talked with Nyarlathotep (Augustus) and watched his fight with the Elder Gods. At the same time it seems she was a neutral observer.

Well, it is assumed that there is some great "Nameless" deity. Due to Nero's role of observer and narrator (and the nameless One's pilot), we can suggest that she really an avatar of the Mist.

About the Darkness. I don't know. Just that the darkness is a standard attribute of the evil gods, along with chaos.

You mean aside from Azzy, right?

Dunno. There's a lot of characters who I think could tie, but I don't think there's any clear cut way to determine who would win in a High 1-A vs High 1-A fight. Demonbane actually does a pretty good job of showing that with EGD vs Yog.

Outer Gods able to fight but unable to defeat EGD. The same is true in the opposite direction.

Due to Nero's role of observer and narrator (and the nameless One's pilot), we can suggest that she really an avatar of the Mist.
An interesting point. Nero, who is allegedly linked to Nameless Mist is a mother of Master Therion who is linked to Yog Sothoth. At the same time, Nero is previous Master Therion. although she is not related to Yog Sothoth.

Cthulhu Mythos win. All rounds.

No matter how many infinite dimensional hyperverses CW Phantom can destroy. Destruction of hyperverses cannot touch even Lesser Outer Gods who exist above any level of space and time.

DMB's EGD and DMB's Yog are High 1-As in their verse but they could not be as strong in Cthulhu Mythos. Mythos have infinite amount of 1-As, DMB have 10-15 1-As. Both sides have good quality but Mythos should win because of quantity.

Omnipotence is not a feat and it is a logical blackhole and level-0s are just strongest 1-As in their own verses. So even Mythos Mist or Darkness can destroy DMB's Azathoth because they are above infinite 1-As (Lesser Outer Gods) while DMB Azathoth is above 10-15 1-As.

I think that even The Mist, The Darkness, Yog from Mythos can destroy DMB-verse in "1 vs entire DMB-verse" battle.

And Mythos Azathoth is overkill for DMB. Mythos One awakes and destroys infinite 1-As including his own team with ease. It is not even funny.

Jockey-1337 said:
The amount of Outer Gods in Demonbane-verse is rather pathetic yet hilarious at the same time.

(c) FallingAmami

LMAO Jockey.

Nice.

I kekd so hard my spleen is orbiting Saturn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back