• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Original Tourney Thread
Tourney Bracket
Votes
CharacterKeyVotes

Tomura

Complete0

Black☆Star

Grigori Arc to Dark Side of the Moon Arc0
Inconclusive0
Welcome to the loser's bracket! Here, whoever loses is officially OUT. Good luck.

Rules
  • 100 meters starting distance with equal speed.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Fight takes place in an endlessly expansive and empty/ruined city
Tomura is at 6-B.
Black☆Star is at High 6-B.

Last edited:
First things first, Shigaraki’s Decay is of course his biggest asset but Black Star can fly to avoid touching him or anything attached. Deku was able to fight close quarters while avoiding contact for hours and Black Star is arguably more skilled than him plus has ranged weapons, so that is very possible. Add in the fact that he has AP/LS, speed amps, afterimages, and explosion manipulation, he could surely beat down Shigaraki. The main problem is the guy’s regen which scales to a High End Nomu. But if he’s sliced to bits which Masamune can do, I think that’s that. I’m leaning Black Star but we’ll see if there’s more arguments.

Last edited:
Btw Black Star is over 12x stronger so even if Shigaraki has regen, he can be shattered with a hit. Second time this tournament, goes to show how large 6-B and High 6-B are.

First things first, Shigaraki’s Decay is of course his biggest asset but Black Star can fly to avoid touching him or anything attached. Deku was able to fight close quarters while avoiding contact for hours and Black Star is arguably more skilled than him plus has ranged weapons, so that is very possible. Add in the fact that he has AP/LS, speed amps, afterimages, and explosion manipulation, he could surely beat down Shigaraki. The main problem is the guy’s regen which scales to a High End Nomu. But if he’s sliced to bits which Masamune can do, I think that’s that. I’m leaning Black Star but we’ll see if there’s more arguments.
What if he touches black stars weaponry?

What if he touches black stars weaponry?
That is a possibility and just like with the Gunnix match I have little clue what happens when weapons are damaged while transformed. But considering Black Star’s skill/battle iq and Tsubaki to coordinate with him, I think that’s less likely than Black Star getting in the hits he needs to win. And if he’s using say Chain of Blackness, he could do what Aizawa did and cut Tsubaki’s chain before the Decay spreads throughout her entire body.

I feel once Black Star sees Shigaraki destroying stuff with a touch, he’ll just pop Masumune or Severed Shadow and kill him instead of using something easily exploitable like Leaf of the Moonlit Night or Chain of Blackness.

All For Shiggy starts with decay. If Black Star can fly and has a ranged attack that cannot be decayed, that'll be a big problem.

Shiggy's decay works fast enough to stop attacks from one shotting him. As shown when he stopped Re-Destro's High 6-C attacks from one shotting him when he was 7-C.

However, Shiggy has speed amps on par with Gearshift as well. Meaning he can move so fast that people who are on par with him cannot perceive him.

It sort of worked out this way with the bracket and all, I doubt this would end up being added since only the 3 votes are necessary to advance in this tourney but I suppose if it ends up meeting the main forum requirements for grace then it could genuinely be added there

All For Shiggy starts with decay. If Black Star can fly and has a ranged attack that cannot be decayed, that'll be a big problem.

Shiggy's decay works fast enough to stop attacks from one shotting him. As shown when he stopped Re-Destro's High 6-C attacks from one shotting him when he was 7-C.

However, Shiggy has speed amps on par with Gearshift as well. Meaning he can move so fast that people who are on par with him cannot perceive him.
He has his scarf which can cut through people and could just be cut off if Shigaraki touches it and a shuriken which he can generate an explosion with by punching through the hole after he throws it and makes the enemy guard.

Black Star also has multiple speed amps. Severed Shadow made him near undetectable to Mifune who was on his level, making him have to predict his movements based off the chronology of his shadows to land a hit. Shigaraki would need the time to realize the afterimages aren’t the real Black Star and to formulate a plan before he’s instantly killed by a few good hits which is iffy.

Wasn’t that over a prolonged period of fighting Gearshift Deku? If Black Star can kill him fast enough, he won’t be able to adapt.

He has Danger Sense, so he's probably going to avoid it if it's that dangerous.

What do you mean time to adapt? Shiggy doesn't get faster over time. He can instantly boost to be on par with Izuku's Gearshift whenever he wants.

And he'll stay at that speed level for as long as he wants. It's not a boost for a technique or something.

He has Danger Sense, so he's probably going to avoid it if it's that dangerous.

What do you mean time to adapt? Shiggy doesn't get faster over time. He can instantly boost to be on par with Izuku's Gearshift whenever he wants.

And he'll stay at that speed level for as long as he wants. It's not a boost for a technique or something.
Did that get added to the profile? Also Danger Sense lets him know danger is coming but I don’t think it can precisely target from where which is really bad when Black Star’s afterimages can attack on their own while the real one is active and Tsubaki can control one to attack herself.

I don’t remember that. Wasn’t there at least a full chapter of him getting man handled before the time cut forward and he was fighting on par? Also the speed section says he had to adapt to Gearshift.

Black Star can also stay boosted as long as he has his weapons pretty sure.

Danger sense ain't on his profile. Do we actually consider the OFA given abilities for Shigaraki?
He should have it if we have his speed, they get both of those information at the same time.

Weird, guess I'll have to ignore that.

Edit: We will be giving him Danger Sense, he stole it and it's his power. He doesn't get the other abilities of OFA since they were destroyed on transfer.

Did that get added to the profile? Also Danger Sense lets him know danger is coming but I don’t think it can precisely target from where which is really bad when Black Star’s afterimages can attack on their own while the real one is active and Tsubaki can control one to attack herself.

I don’t remember that. Wasn’t there at least a full chapter of him getting man handled before the time cut forward and he was fighting on par? Also the speed section says he had to adapt to Gearshift.

Black Star can also stay boosted as long as he has his weapons pretty sure.
He did not adapt to Gearshift, it's just fancy wording.

He only got man handled when he was Quirkless, he kept fighting Gearshift Izuku and was stalemating him for over 20 minutes.

Danger Sense tells the user where the danger is coming from. Izuku was using it to find crimes and to dodge attacks he can't see/hear that came from behind him.

He did not adapt to Gearshift, it's just fancy wording.

He only got man handled when he was Quirkless, he kept fighting Gearshift Izuku and was stalemating him for over 20 minutes.

Danger Sense tells the user where the danger is coming from. Izuku was using it to find crimes and to dodge attacks he can't see/hear that came from behind him.
Still, Black Star can amp himself off the jump, has great skill/acrobatics and can shift the flow of his movements to get the upper hand on opponents. He just needs one hit to severely damage Shigaraki and give himself the time to finish him off if he’s not already blown to bits from the force.

Another thing, Shigaraki’s win con depends on him touching Black Star or Tsubaki. Tsubaki depending on the form is either extremely hard to touch because of size and being held by Black Star or can be amputed to avoid the decay and Black Star could also cut something off plus has skill with fighters far older than All For One.

He’d still have to find the real Black Star if Severed Shadow is being used which is difficult for highly skilled fighters. And he’d have to do it before being hit by a soul wavelength attack or a weapon that could decapitate him and let Black Star destroy the rest of his body from there.

He’d still have to find the real Black Star if Severed Shadow is being used which is difficult for highly skilled fighters. And he’d have to do it before being hit by a soul wavelength attack or a weapon that could decapitate him and let Black Star destroy the rest of his body from there.
I just remembered that Tomura has Search, which will tell him Black Star's location at all times and let him know his weaknesses.

Tomura used it know Izuku couldn't breath with Gearshift and tracked him while he couldn't see him.

Ragdoll also says it tells her everything about a person, but I cannot say what that means.

I highly doubt he knows everything, since he didn't know how New Order worked.

I just realized Tomura has Search, which will tell him Black Star's location at all times and his weaknesses.

Tomura used it know Izuku couldn't breath with Gearshift and tracked him while he couldn't see him.

Ragdoll also says it tells her everything about a person, but I cannot say what that means.

I highly doubt he knows everything, since he didn't know how New Order worked.
That leads into another problem though. Black Star’s afterimages are composed of his shadows and have mass, making them indistinguishable from the real one. So wouldn’t search just be seeing the same person over and over unless it can see through their body? And there’s Branched Darkness to further complicate things. Then again maybe Shigaraki would be told about Tsubaki.

That leads into another problem though. Black Star’s afterimages are composed of his shadows and have mass, making them indistinguishable from the real one. So wouldn’t search just be seeing the same person over and over unless it can see through their body? And there’s Branched Darkness to further complicate things.
That's not how Search works. Izuku's Blackwhip has mass and is part of his body, yet he cannot track it with Search. He needed Danger Sense to know it was behind him.

It shows you the real person, you'd need to provide proof Black Star's ability fools an ability like Search.

This also means he'll know Black Star's weapon is a person transformed.

Search seems to track a person's soul, since it was able to track the vestiges.

That's not how Search works. Izuku's Blackwhip has mass and is part of his body, yet he cannot track it with Search. He needed Danger Sense to know it was behind him.

It shows you the real person, you'd need to provide proof Black Star's ability fools an ability like Search.

This also means he'll know Black Star's weapon is a person transformed.

Search seems to track a person's soul, since it was able to track the vestiges.
Can we consider shadows mimicking movements Black Star already made entirely fake though? Sure they’re not organic, but they’re still him in a way. In the same way Black Star’s abilities haven’t interacted with Shigaraki, Search hasn’t dealt with clones like this before to my knowledge. So it’s possible this is a unique case like if Ectoplasm fought Ragdoll.

Search was tricked by Deku’s blood containing a trace of Kudo. Black Star’s afterimages still have a trace of him. Tsubaki outright says not to think of him as a single opponent.

Search was tricked by Deku’s blood containing a trace of Kudo. Black Star’s afterimages still have a trace of him. Tsubaki outright says not to think of him as a single opponent.
That's not the same in the slightest, you're trying really hard to make this work here.

It was tricked because Kudo is a different person from Izuku, Search focused on him being in his blood.

Search will track Black Star's current position.

Ok maybe Shigaraki can track Black Star through Severed Shadow. But he still has to touch him before being hit once which I think is highly unlikely with the points mentioned above.

Ok maybe Shigaraki can track Black Star through Severed Shadow. But he still has to touch him before being hit once which I think is highly unlikely with the points mentioned above.
Oh yeah, without Danger Sense he gets one shotted from a distance.

I don't think he'd expect Black Star to be over 12x stronger than him. And a explosion is very bad for him.

Tomura can adapt to the speed and skills of someone who's so fast that he cannot see them, but Black Star won't give him that amount of time.

He'd probably adapt to his base speed but when he starts amping his speed, he's getting cooked

Deku vs Black Star might've been better. Deku got a better bag for Black Star, especially with his amps putting him up on his level
He's still out-statted even with Gearshift so that'd arguably be worse considering Black Star can withstand his attacks until it runs out. Shigaraki at least has an AOE Dura Neg

He's still out-statted even with Gearshift so that'd arguably be worse considering Black Star can withstand his attacks until it runs out. Shigaraki at least has an AOE Dura Neg
Black Star's only High 6-B with Tsubaki, aka only with blocking with Tsubaki. His body's still low.

Gearshift will hurt Black Star. Tsubaki will hurt Deku

It sort of worked out this way with the bracket and all, I doubt this would end up being added since only the 3 votes are necessary to advance in this tourney but I suppose if it ends up meeting the main forum requirements for grace then it could genuinely be added there
Like it went with Accel vs Saturday Sonic 👀

☆ FRA

Back