• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord of the Rings Top Tier Revisions

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
After looking through the LotR profiles, I noticed some inconsistencies and abnormalities in the top tiers of the verse.

1. Eru Iluvatar - Attack Potency and Tier: The biggest offender by a fair margin. He is currently described as "Unknown, at the very least 2-C." For one, using "at the very least" is just ridiculous. "At least" is enough, especially when "at the very least" would imply that he could move up MANY tiers, which I don't see him doing ever.

Now to his actual stats and justification. If we were going to go with "At least 2-C", he would need proper justification to have this. I don't think he does. He is stronger than the all the Valar combined by a massive margin, as they are his creations. Arceus is also immensely stronger than his creations, Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina, combined, each of which is capable if creating and simultaneously destroying universes when together, and stabilizing space-time itself with their breathing/heartbeats when alone. Given the current profiles we have, Unknown, likely 2-C is much better than the currently heavily over-exaggerated stats Eru Ilvuvatar currently has.

Speed: He is listed as Omnipresent, which is fine for a supreme being of the verse, as long as there is some justification for this. Unfortunately there current is none.

Powers and Abilities: A couple things here. For one, Life Manipulation lacks a link in his page. Second, "supposedly many others." What others? Why is this here at all?

2. The Valar - Attack Potency and Tier: Morgoth, Manwe, and the Valar all have this issue. While Morgoth would be fine if the others are justified, is being one of 14 beings who share being the aspect of the same universe justification for being Low 2-C? If one of them embodied the universe itself, obviously that would be Low 2-C so long as it also involves space-time and not just the physical matter, but is it the same if 14 all share being just "aspects" of the universe? I am not sure how to go about this. I would honestly lean more towards Unknow outright, rather than put a tier label on it, though I am certainly willing to hear suggestions or reasoning to why the original ranking works.

Speed: They are listed as Immeasurable, but being beyond time is considered to Infinite speed on this Wiki if I am not mistaken, as showcased by beings like Dormammu.

3. Ungoliant - Attack Potency and Tier: There is some really odd scaling here. She gets this tier by making Morgoth afraid, yet the justification for gaining this power is nowhere near that level. A flower of the two trees created the Sun, while another created the Moon. Even if these trees had lots of flowers, this isn't even going to begin to pierce Galaxy level. This is so far off that it makes me wonder one of two things: 1. Was the Morgoth that she scared True Form? 2. Maybe being an aspect of the universe doesn't mean you have infinitely above things like the stars and moon, which would be more in line with my aforementioned point.

Still on AP. In her starved form, she beats off Morgoth's weakened form, and forces him to call over seven Balrogs. This is very odd, since she was able to beat a character labeled as "At least 4-A." While his profile mentions he grew much weaker, did he really become weaker than a Balrog? I guess it is possible so this part isn't that big of an issue, but is something that could be addressed.

Speed: In her fully fed form, she is listed as having Infinite speed, yet is given the exact same justification for this speed as the Valar have for their sealed speeds. A bit odd that a being that could make a full power Morgoth scared would be slower than him by a literally immeasurable amount. She either needs to be Immeasurable to match to Valar, or, more consistently, the Valar need to be brought down to Infinite to match.

In her sealed form she beat someone who is "Possibly Infinite," yet this is not listed anywhere on her profile despite this stat coming "via powerscaling." If you powerscale to someone, you take their exact stats. Also, given her justification for Infinite speed for her fed profile, it seems like she would still have Infinite considering that merely entering the Ea allowed her to "live at any speed of thought or motion" she chooses. Despite being oddly worded, would this really just go away because she is hungry?

Bad Wording: The entire profile is just sloppy and needs a good cleaning. Redudent statments like "Was able to withstand several Balrogs waling on her, which she survived" permeate the profile and need to be fixed.

Conclusion: What do you guys think? Are the concerns I have presented valid? What can be done to fix or at least clean up the profiles? I would help clean and adjust minor issues, but the profiles are locked in addition to far greater issues being present with the profiles. Thank you for your time!

I do think that you seem to make some valid points. I will ask Azathoth for input here as well.

1. Eru's AP should probably be "Unknown. Likely 2-C, possibly higher" or something like that. He's obscenely beyond all the Ainur combined, as he basically thought them into existence, and horrifies them all when he so much as raises his voice. There's also the fact he reveals everything they do is nothing but part of an unimaginably greater plan known only to himself.

I have no idea where his Omnipresence comes from. Same with the "Supposedly many others". That should be cleared up.

2. Addressed Low 2-C true Valar here. Their true forms transcend the basic linear time of the universe, which is Immeasurable.

3. Ungoliant should be scaled down, as the Two Trees of Valinor existed on Arda, not the Valar's original realm.

Okay. Perhaps you could adjust the pages accordingly then?

Well, you can remind Azathoth about this thread via his message wall if you wish.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Ungoliant should be scaled down, as the Two Trees of Valinor existed on Arda, not the Valar's original realm.
Also, the Balrogs drived away a full power Ungoliant. If she is scaled down. then the Balrogs fighting her is no longer PIS and instead a legitimate feat.

Also, which pages. I don't want to cause the qaulity to go down, and I sincerly wan't to avoid making any such mastakes any more.

@Matthew & The Everlasting

What do you two think needs to be changed?

We basically don't agree with everything. Almost every character and stat is greatly exaggerated. The profiles were honestly much better before the recent upgrades.

Okay. If you two create a new content revision thread where you present your arguments, and invite Azathoth to comment, we could properly discuss this issue.

Back