• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless we already start the match at night in a day with a full moon, Vegeta has to create the orb, launch it, make it explode and then transform. More than enough time for Boros to counter.

And why wouldn't Boros blow up the planet just because he wants a fight? Yes, it was obvious, but Saitama gave him a fight and he still kicked him to the moon and tried to win by blowing up the earth.

But point taken on the AP for Vegeta, if that's true then he indeed has the edge at AP. However, Boros Regenerationn compensates for that. I still think Boros takes this for reasons stated above, but I see your point, so that's enough for me.

Thanks for the debate!

A Sword Dancer said:
FateAlbane said:
Sidali891 said:
He said no BFR. Btw, Vegeta can hold his breathe and fly back to earth though, just like Saitama did.
Sorry, but how does kicking Vegeta to space so he will die in a matter of seconds qualify as BFR? BFR is winning by removing the enemy from the battlefield so he can't come back and ending the battle at that. Not actually killing them by kicking them so hard they reach space. This here is way different.
Right? Plus, if he was kicked into space anywhere else BUT the moon he wouldn't be able to get back and would suffocate. You would have to actually aim for the moon and have VERY good aim too. It only happened in OPM for dramatic effect and because its a comedy show. Saitama had to hold his breathe so he would also have died if he hadn't been specifically kicked right at the moon.
Except Vegeta can breathe in Space did you forget Bardock was able to fight in Space and battle up there? Bardock is seen flying and battling in space, in the manga Bardock is seen in space for just one panel when Frieza remembers so.....

Vegeta would just hold his breath and fly back. Also Goku fought Beerus in space..... Also you're implying Boros would be able to do that Vegeta, Vegeta's nimble and can stop himself in mid air or do what Roshi did when he got knocked out of the ring and boost himself back with an energy beam.

Also on Regenerationn, unless it's anything like Buu it doesn't really matter to Vegeta he'll just vaproize his body like he did to Nappa

I was actually thinking, that if Boros did kick Vegeta to space, would he just either make a recovery or use his ki blast to stop the momentum after that? And would it work if he actually transformed in the stratosphere or someplace where Boros couldn't see him while becoming an Oozaru? And since they're equal in speed from their base at full strength to blow up a planet, would that mean as a great ape would increase his stats ten-fold (including his speed)? Just curiosity speaking.

Like I just said, I feel like I already argued pretty much everything there is to argue about this fight in my above answers. Keeping up with the replies from this point would be going in circles, debating with different people what I already debated before.

So yeah, see reasons above for my position in this match. I'll just clarify the two points you brought up where it's not related to the actual debate, but stats of the characters (these are actual facts from the series):

1. I don't know how many secs he can survive in space, but Vegeta can't survive there. During Frieza's invasion of the earth, what killed him was not the planet exploding. Beerus (or Whis, I don't remember which one now) outright states that Vegeta died and Frieza survived because the former can't breathe in space.

2. On Boros Regen, Saitama reduced him to a pile of blood and small pieces scattered in the air, but he instantly regenerated and countered that with his planet busting attack.

That's a pretty interesting point to consider, actually. Vegeta took a kaio-ken multiplied planet busting Kamehameha from Goku. While I don't remember how far it went, the saiyan did recover and got out of the energy blast before it disappeared, so he might recover from a Meteoric Burst kick before reaching space.

As for Vegeta transforming outside of Boros view, he can most likely do it if he manages to open distance, unless he goes "but mah pride" and decides he wants to be arrogant or gloat about how he's going to smash him and all.

As Oozaru, Vegeta would get a boost in AP and Dura, but his speed would stay the same due to speed equalized.

You do realize after Boros used his planet busting attack and got hit by a similar attack he was was laying on the ground almost dead at a point where his Regenerationn couldn't help. Also vegeta could just go back away from Boros even if speed is equalized also who says vegeta isn't will to take a couple hits to create that orb. Vegeta has perfect control over his flight after he gets kicked he will stop before he even gets to space

RadicalMrR said:
Saitama has never learned any fighting techniques in his life yet was a match for Boros so tell me how someone with 0 knowledge of fighting techniques can match this supposed god of martial artes while Vegeta could match Goku how had learned fighting techniques from actual gods.
Well to be fair Saitama only kept up with Boros due to superior speed and reflexes. (Fighting skill doesn't matter much if your well techniqued attacks are practically slow motion to your oponent) Saitama was also able to keep up with Garou due to that, and I doubt anyone would say he has no martial arts skill.

Albeit Vegeta is still most likely a better fighter than Boros.

Vegeta wins this one due to the fact that he tanked a planet busting blow and came back while boros was down with the similar type of attack, not to mention the Oozaru form will make vegeta outclass boros.

Vegeta, even if Boros gets off the kick, Vegeta will just use his ki to stop himself from being sent flying with his ki, if he hits the moon he has more than enough time to transform and fly back 10x stronger and likely faster, Boros would dig his own grave, from what we know the great ape tranformation doesn't take too long, Vegeta tried stopping Gohan and was too late, Vegeta's death in ROF was more an outlier if anything, Kid Goku power poles himself to the moon, unless you want the power pole and therefore many Dragonball characters be upgraded to sub-relativistic for consistency purposes than Saiyan can consistently survive in space for at least roughly 5 minutes, more than enough time for Vegeta to transform and fly back

People are also forgetting Boros' stamina issues, especially with Meteoric Burst, if Vegeta doesn't kill him as great ape he will eventually in normal form, he can be worn down if you hit him HARD (Vegeta's superior AP) and get him angry and overexert himself, which believe it or not Vegeta's personality will actually help him since he'll just taunt Boros and piss him off to where he exerts himself.

I think Saiyans can breathe in space there is really nothing that says they can't other than Freeza, for all we know Freeza was lying to Goku just to make him dread, I'd be spiteful to if I was about to die. Freeza probably blew Vegeta to bits he was at pointblank range and there was no body to be found after the fact. Vegeta still takes this. True Saitama did burst Boros to blood and bits, but Saitama doesn't have the power to eradicate something he has to punch it and can't emit energy to vaporize like Vegeta can, why Saitama would never beat Buu because Saitama can't vaporize every bit of Buu with his fists, Vegeta and co can because they can emit energy to eradicate those bits.

How is Base Vegeta a lower end of Planet Level than Boros? Both of their best showings were being stated capable of destroying Earth.

Ryukama said:
How is Base Vegeta a lower end of Planet Level than Boros? Both of their best showings were being stated capable of destroying Earth.
Vegeta was much more drained from the attempt, if memory serves

Both of them put a huge amount of effort into their attacks and were severly weakened from their fight beforehand. With Boros dying when his attack was sent back at him by Saitama's punch.

There's really no way of determining who is on a higher end.

I'll vote for Vegeta, since after he used the Galick Gun, he fought Krillin, Gohan, had his tail cut off, tanked a Mini - Spirit Bomb and was still alive.

I'll stick with Boros.. if Boros manages to kick vegeta during his meteoric burst form.. vegeta will most likely pass out for a short period of time for the pain (look Hit vs Vegeta) and by using logic vegeta will most likely not have air in his lungs due to the kick. death

Boros is also more experienced in fighting

Faceplam the kick won't hurt vegeta it's not even moon level and vegeta can control his flight nappa was able to completely stop his movement in flight vegeta can do the same before he even reaches the clouds

Actually the biggest arguments against Vegeta was "Moon kick"(This one actually giveing Vegeta the win) and "Destroy Planet" which is prevented by BFR anyways.

"Can't kill Boros" despite being able to destroy beings to a cellular level even if they are in the same range and Great Ape actually Murder stomps Boros.

"Boros is the better fighter" despite his only fight was against Saitama someone with no combat skill.

And even now it's 11-6(I also didn't count about 4 votes for Vegeta since these people only argued for him and did not state he wins but if you do it's 15 to 6) for Vegeta so he still wins,someone please close this.

Boros ravaged the whole universe in order to find someone who could give him a proper fight..

that means he has fought myriad of beings as he stated when he threw a city level beam against saitama..

anyway may i ask how is vegeta's striking strenght stronger than Boros's ? i haven't seen a punch so strong capable of throwing someone at a ftl+ speed to the moon.

Ape mode is activated as a last resort and speed is the same so boros can easily deflect/dodge/regen the hits he receives, and vegeta must create the moon and boros won't look like a dumb guy (immediately after casting a city level beam boros sneaks behind saitama and punches him)

Dbz characters punches are in a similar level to their destructive capabilities/durability that isn't the case for boros. Second that feat of Boros kicking Saitama is not even moon level. Vegeta also is the that will win the beam clash. Saitama lets Boros hit him in all honesty. Second Boros won't deflect vegeta attacks since his striking strength is stronger speed is equalized so Boros has just as much likelihood of a chance to dodge vegeta's attacks as vegeta has to Boros. Regen is good but It has its limits after Boros lost a arm and his whole body exploded as well as taking a planet busting attack it rendered it useless.

Let's see, they may fight at equal speed movements, but Vegeta might slow down because of his overthinking and restrictions to his fighting potential, but he can overpower Lord Boros either normal or as a Great Ape. Right?

Vegeta wins, i can tremare the entire planet and can stop kamehamehaGoku with kaiokenx3 and Vegeta great ape is ten times more strong than normal.

Vegata can't use his stupid great ape thing. You either start in a powered up form or you don't use it at all. If he started in the form it would be a mismatch, so it's not being used.

A Sword Dancer said:
Vegata can't use his stupid great ape thing. You either start in a powered up form or you don't use it at all. If he started in the form it would be a mismatch, so it's not being used.
Vegeta can use his 'stupid great ape thing' whenever he wants to. By your logic, Boros doesn't get his meteoric burst either.

When exactly was it established that this took place at night with a full moon? Isn't that the only thing that triggers Oozaru?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back