• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lookism: Speed Upgrade

Scan 1 and Scan 2 shows Johan's growth in his early years. Scan 3 and 4 shows Johan developing past Eli. Scan 5 and 6 shows his development aganist Gun. Scan 7 and 8 might be symbolic so I'm just gonna skip mover them. Scan 9 and 10 once again shoıws his development. Scan 11 and 12 shows him going from getting no diffed by UI Daniel to being able to copy his strength for some time.

Also, there are some more evidence about how Kid Johan being HHS+ making no sense. Here we see Logan blitzing Zack who is stronger than his kid self. Logan got blitzed by Jay who is close to 69 m/s (Subsonic). This means that Kid Zack is slower than Subsonic speeds. Kid Zack can track Kid Johan's movements and tell that he copied his combos to defeat the guys. Kid Johan is supposed to be HHS+ according to the calc which makes absolutely no sense as Kid Zack who isn't even close to 69 m/s can track his movements.
Since they are normal people, Johan just needs to move at subsonic speed to defeat them.

If you say "They need to hurry to save the girl, Johan will hit with all his strength", he has to go to the door in front of them to save the girl and only 3 men remain. If Johan wants to hurry up and save the girl, he can use some of his power to defeat normal humans. and he goes to the door

This feels like another Tokyo Revengers situation tbh…

If characters in the verse make a big deal out of gunshots and can’t dodge them without aimdodging, they’re most definitely not High Hypersonic+

If you say "They need to hurry to save the girl, Johan will hit with all his strength", he has to go to the door in front of them to save the girl and only 3 men remain. If Johan wants to hurry up and save the girl, he can use some of his power to defeat normal humans. and he goes to the door
Idk what you meant here at all tbh

This feels like another Tokyo Revengers situation tbh…

If characters in the verse make a big deal out of gunshots and can’t dodge them without aimdodging, they’re most definitely not High Hypersonic+
Basically my stance. I'm even a fan of lookism, but 50+ the speed of sound is insane when maybe the god tiers are comfortable around guns.

The guy here is supposed to be a top to god tier. You see him being 50 times the speed of sound easily?

Which is why supersonic to hypersonic makes sense only for the top and the god tiers. Like that guy is and even he isn't doing it easily ala Wesker style. Which is what kid Johan is being proposed to be able to do. I am against the feat.

I guess there is nothing ti di then,

Unfortunately I didn't read Viral Hit so I wasn't aware of that,

Is it worth to write it somewhere in the verse Page and maybe to do something about some calcs? There are super+ calcs which scale to the characters early in the serie

Which is why supersonic to hypersonic makes sense only for the top and the god tiers. Like that guy is and even he isn't doing it easily ala Wesker style. Which is what kid Johan is being proposed to be able to do. I am against the feat.
And I think it still scales to Lookism (if you look at the Speed section of Warren's profile you can see that he got the scale from Manager Kim)
So yes anyone comparable to Warren can get this achievement

Is it worth to write it somewhere in the verse Page and maybe to do something about some calcs? There are super+ calcs which scale to the characters early in the serie
It's not just how they are outliers. Almost every accepted calcs are close range punch or kick evasion feats which doesn't work anymore (a user even got reported for calculating them consistently).

It's not just how they are outliers. Almost every accepted calcs are close range punch or kick evasion feats which doesn't work anymore (a user even got reported for calculating them consistently).
That still doesn't change the fact that it's not an outlier

At best this is like Supersonic, definitely not support for High Hypersonic+
According to what you mentioned here, they are not high hyp+ if they can't easily dodge weapons, but valeska threw you panels showing that characters can easily dodge weapons, isn't that enough?

Basically my stance. I'm even a fan of lookism, but 50+ the speed of sound is insane when maybe the god tiers are comfortable around guns.

The guy here is supposed to be a top to god tier. You see him being 50 times the speed of sound easily?

He certainly dodges bullets very easil. and the guy dodging bullets doesn't necessarily have to be at the same level as johan, johan can be faster than him.

........What? So kid Johan is a top tier? Also that wasn't very easily....https://youtu.be/5OHBP3efG4A?t=64 This is how easy looks like.

........What? So kid Johan is a top tier? Also that wasn't very easily....https://youtu.be/5OHBP3efG4A?t=64 This is how easy looks like.
If we look at the feat we can see that johan is superior and faster than him, even if the kid is johan he can easily copy zack lee and stop that very many stones.

According to what you mentioned here, they are not high hyp+ if they can't easily dodge weapons, but valeska threw you panels showing that characters can easily dodge weapons, isn't that enough?
Misinterpreting my argument

If you're barely reaching bullet levels of speed (Valeska's scans, for instance, showed a guy barely moving much distance at all compared to a bullet in order to dodge it. If you were to calc that, it wouldn't be impressive at all), then you're most certainly not High Hypersonic+

The verse doesn't seem to treat guns like its fodder as this calc suggests.
Jichang thought that pulling out a blick would be effective despite fighting charles choi for several pages.
Ofc as everyone knows the gun was not effective, but its the idea that counts.
The fact he thought the gun's speed wasn't too slow to be considered kinda makes this feat inconsistent.
Also every instance of a character dodging bullets should be treated as aim dodge, as its the most likely and safest assumption.

However the verse being bullet speed doesn't seem too inconsistent. I just dont think they should be vastly above bullet speed is all

Lmao

Can't you see you're dodging bullets?
I see that he's dodging and the bullets are in the air yes
However we dont see his position in relation to the bullet as it was initially fired
Aim dodging is an effective way to avoid gunfire at least in fiction, there's no reason to assume he isn't doing that here

I see that he's dodging and the bullets are in the air yes
However we dont see his position in relation to the bullet as it was initially fired
Aim dodging is an effective way to avoid gunfire at least in fiction, there's no reason to assume he isn't doing that here
When you hear the gunshot, the bullet is already gone. Say what you want, but he definitely dodged a bullet.

No, Hobin and Taehoon also say the guy dodged the bullets.

Yes he dodged the bullet, that is not what we're debating right now
We're debating the methodology of how he dodged the bullet, whether he did it by moving before or after the bullet was actually shot

No, Hobin and Taehoon also say the guy dodged the bullets.

So, kinda out of topic but aren't these guys like 3-4 times faster than bullets? It's so weird how they act like barely dodging bullets is an impossible thing to do when they should low-mid diff bullets at their absolute worst.

Back