• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lookism - Speed downgrade

High Hypersonic+ feat
Okay, let's see what's wrong here: What blocked the knife was the shot, not the arm. Jincheol shot first and then moved his arm completely. You can tell this when you see that the position of his hand is in the same position as the knife was, and yet what blocked it was the shot. It wouldn't make sense for him to block and then shoot.

Furthermore, the calculation doesn't explain why subsonic speed is being used for the knife. Yes, indeed, the characters have legitimate FTE movements, but why would a knife being thrown have that speed? The speed of something you throw is not the same as the speed at which you attack. The calculation guy justifies it by saying that knives are thrown faster than reaction, but... Where and how? (I don't know if he is talking about real life)

It has another problem that we don't know when Jincheol moved his arm, since 90% of his body is out of the scene
Hypersonic+
No proper justification for why a randomly thrown knife would have the same speed as a few punches. That knife wasn't even used with the intention of killing, but of drawing attention, since they both fight in the next chapter. So it was a very casual knife throw

And the same problem as before, it is not known when Eli started to move his arm
Transonic
You don't need a full movement of more than 0.5 meters to block something that is 1.5 centimeters away to hit you, you only need to move some centimeters of your arm. There is no reason to assume that Daniel moved his entire arm in such a short time.

Yes, he moved his whole arm, but that doesn't mean that the attack was 1.5 centimeters away, Daniel punched 0.6 meters, and then reflected. It means that the attack was 1.5 centimeters away, Daniel punched, hit the attack that was 1.5 centimeters away, reflect the opponent, and then finish the punch

This is how it works. If your opponent is 20 centimeters away from you and you stretch your arm out completely to punch him, it doesn't mean that you had to move 0.6 meters to reach something that was 0.2

Last edited:
No one is taking all that calcu seriously anyway, considering how they actually deal with a real supersonic attacks, like bullets.
So yeah it all should be remove...

Furthermore, the calculation doesn't explain why subsonic speed is being used for the knife. Yes, indeed, the characters have legitimate FTE movements, but why would a knife being thrown have that speed? The speed of something you throw is not the same as the speed at which you attack. The calculation guy justifies it by saying that knives are thrown faster than reaction, but... Where and how? (I don't know if he is talking about real life)
No proper justification why a randomly thrown knife would have the same speed as a few punches. That knife wasn't even used with the intention of killing, but of drawing attention, since they both fight in the next chapter. So it was a very casual knife throw
Normally, to "throw" have to calculate the speed from the weight of the thrown object and the weight of the arm. The knife is usually lighter than the arm. So if you swing your arm at FTE speed, it will make the knife faster than FTE. It's about momentum.

For High Hypersonic+, if the OP is accepted downgrade, may have to do this instead by finding the displacement as seen in the image.
From this distance it still causes the speed to be hypersonic.

Mind looking at these similar Transonic / High Hypersonic PTJ Verse attack-interception calcs too?
They weren't even evaluated so it doesn't really matter, but well

I don't know about the transonic feat, but its sus as **** and probably if you analyze there will be some shit

The other one is really bad. It assumes that a person who is 2 meters away will try to assassinate Kang at subsonic speed, but Hobin, who is basically on the side, will wait the attack to be 1 cm away and then do something
Like, if he has high hypersonic speed why would he wait for a subsonic attack to come so close lol

It looks like this is actually happening already. To be honest I wish to be tagged for stuff like this.

Ah, it looks like the image hasn't loaded yet, if it's like this

I'm unsure on this for now. I'm no calc expert but even that would only need for Jincheol to pull the trigger if his hand had already moved offscreen.

Normally, to "throw" have to calculate the speed from the weight of the thrown object and the weight of the arm. The knife is usually lighter than the arm. So if you swing your arm at FTE speed, it will make the knife faster than FTE. It's about momentum.
@Second22 I know I'm late for this, but can you elaborate this further? Is there a formula?

Back