• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Linx vs Thor but it's omeganerfed

So... Linx is taking on soldiers who don't have aura (which seems comparable to other peak humans), while Thor is able to take down a group of people comparable.

So I will give Thor a slight AP advantage, and with experience (And thus, intelligence) advantage from age, I think Thor wins this one.

Putting my two cents into this. Not voting yet though.

Keep in mind trained soldiers that don't have Aura on Gyrohem are much tougher than humans in real life, and are more comparable to peak humans in our world, if not stronger. If you see all the crap they go through on a daily basis (all the Supernatural dealio), they kind of have to be stronger than the average trained soldier in our world.

Even though Thor in this case has more experience, Linx still has no problem fighting against experienced foes, or foes that outmatch him. Don't forget that he also has insane stamina and willpower, even though he doesn't have Aura, so it'd take a lot to put him down (and when I say a lot, I mean a lot. He retains his "sheer will allows him to keep on going, even with fatal injuries that should have killed him hundreds of times over" in this key).

Finally, don't forget his durability will allow him to tank whatever Thor throws at him for a long while.

I did assume that they were peak human level, and also gave that to the people Thor fought due to them being likely quite up there considering where they are.

He does not have increased durability listed. Not that I can see.

FLIPPING

WHY ARE THERE A LOAD OF REMOVED MESSAGES ON MY SIMPLE 9-C FIGHT THREAD

Everything involved in what that was had to be removed. sorry.

Apart from the super long first one from mac, I don't even know "what that was" because I didn't check the thread again before everything was removed. What happened?

This thread is going to have more removed messages then my threads usually have Bumps

I mean.

>Gyrohem Soldiers have to be tougher then normal ones due to all the stuff they have to go through

Thor took on a load of SHIELD agents, these being the sort of dudes that have to deal with a LOT of shenanigans, as Agents of SHEILD revealed.

>Used to experienced foes

I mean, has he ever fought people Over a Thousand Years old, lest in this key? Saying just "Experience" is like saying A Planet level character could beat a Solar System level character because they can fight strong opponents.

>Dura lets him tank stuff

He's only got Street level

>Will power

Okay that's fair

Alright, I was looking into the Marvel Cinematic Universe verse page on VBW, and noticed it has its SHIELD agents listed as Wall level. If Thor took on soldiers comparable to this, he would have large AP and durability advantage, and would kinda stomp. Unless there is something I'm missing.

Well I mean, they have specific feats.

DMUA said:
Well I mean, they have specific feats.
Quite a lot of them were listed via powerscaling. I don't really see why the ones Thor fought wouldn't scale if all those do.

Well, not every agent is someone like Colson or Carter.

Not to mention that VSBW can sometimes have scaling with little to no basis, something that quite annoys me.

DMUA said:
Well, not every agent is someone like Colson or Carter.

Not to mention that VSBW can sometimes have scaling with little to no basis, something that quite annoys me.
Well, I guess we can keep Thor as street level for this fight. But I will at least acknowledge Thor's likely AP advantage due to him fighting a group of people at least as strong as Xmark mentions for his soldier that Linx fought, as well he might be able to tank a little with this.

As well as skill advantage. Since Linx's profile literally states he doesn't have much combat experience at pre time skip.

Well since Mcmal isn't bumping this for me anymore, bump

Ok, first of all, holy shit the amount of removed replies is crazy.

Second, I actually think Linx takes this. Thor would likely slap him around for a while, but Linx ain't no bitch. He'd get pissed and find a way to win this, I'm sure of it. Thor may have experience and likely AP, but Linx has that classic insane defense, plus the fact that he's taken on people with more experience than him before. That's how I see this, anyway,

Read the posts above. Thor might be beating him for a long time, but he can totally do so with far batter skill then any soldier Linx fought, and a bit better AP.

Also, long since overdue but since voting on your own threads is a thing on this site, I'll go for the nerfed Odinson for Reasons above.

DMUA said:
Read the posts above. Thor might be beating him for a long time, but he can totally do so with far batter skill then any soldier Linx fought, and a bit better AP.
Oh, yeah. I'm not debating that. What I'm saying is that he'd outlast Thor; Thor would just tire himself out trying to beat down Linx, and then they'd be on equal footing eventually. At the point, I think Linx would win.

I mean, he can survive lethal injuries, but can he really punch with a broken arm or stand on a broken leg?

Well it wouldn't be that easy to break his limbs; Linx wouldn't just let him do it. Besides, it does depend on how they're broken. To break his bones to the point that they can't be used, at least for Linx, is really friggin hard.

Well you didn't actually directly say anything of the sort so

Back