• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Linx Rifelson vs Mercer the God Hunter

So I read a bit of Linx's profile. While a match at speed, Mercer's instant movement allows him to be anywhere in well, an instant, which gives him the speed advantage. Furthermore he has superior AP and Tier advantage.

Linx being a 2-B character, means he's a character who can create and/or destroy 1001 to 10^500 universal space-time continuum's. 10^500 is the scientifically theorized number of 4-dimensional universal space-time continuum's within our own multiverse.

But Mercer is a 2-A character who can destroy and/or create 10^500 to an infinite number of 4-dimensional universal space-time continuums.

So in short, Linx has limited 4-D power while Mercer has infinite 4-D power. That alone is a huge gap right there.

Furthermore Linx doesn't seem to have any resistance to Mercer's many hax, for example the God Hunter could just snap his fingers and make Linx go poof or make it so he never existed with his Fiction manipulation. All of which, are passive abilities.

When going through Mercer's profile, I never went through most of his powers and abilities, and just skimmed through them, so that's a mistake on my part.

Well, arguing for Linx, he does have precognition, specifically battle precognition most likely because of his intelligence in battles, so that would help slightly with instant movement. Linx is also possibly higher, so his AP could potentially be more. Since Linx is also in Final Form+, he has access to all of his moves previously, including Kurai Burst, which explodes the opponent from the inside out.

Finally, there's Aura. It's implied that Linx has tons of willpower on his page, and the more willpower an Aura user has, the more crazy and hax things you can do. Here's the link to Aura in the verse. It allows for things such as protection from hax, to coming back from being erased. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that Linx would be able to do much more damage to Mercer with tons of willpower.

That's about it. Those are some arguments for Linx.

Good points but, well we can only debate so much on the "possibly higher" because well it's still a finite upgrade isn't it? When it comes to AP even if Linx were to suddenly become billions upon billions of times stronger because of Aura or something, he'd still be finite when it comes to his 4-D capacity while Mercer is well, infinite in that aspect.

And about Linx's precognition, Mercer could simply use his Probability manipulation to completely negate that.

Going over the ability you mentioned: "Kurai Burst: An ability that encases the enemy in ice, freezing them from the outside and inside, then explodes them from the inside. A perfect counter against Aura users." - Linx page

Encasing Mercer in ice would be pretty difficult considering he can fight at basically instant speed, freeze time, and also his probably manipulation would allow him to escape every single time. And to mention another one of Linx's abilities,

Final Thrush: "Final Thrush: Linx's final and strongest punch. After the fist connects, the opponent will experience massive amounts of pain, before instantly dying. This move ignores all kinds of durability, even reality warping to an extent."

One of Linx's strongest punches indeed. Yes, it could probably cause good ol'God Hunter some trouble, but again with instant movement and Probability Manipulation in place it's basically impossible for Linx to land this.

Finally we come to Mercer's Cosmic Star Arrow, which quote: "Cosmic Star arrow - An attack capable of destroying anything, even the concept of full immortality can't save someone from this attack."

So considering this attack can destroy Truly Immortal beings, plus considering Mercer's probability manipulation, instant movement and his other hax manipulations. Mercer is definitely gonna land that arrow, and once he does well it's unlikely Aura will do any good there. And then that would be it for Linx. Could intelligence play a factor? Well Mercer as of his True God Hunter form is Fully Omniscient so Linx definitely loses in that department.

But anyway I think that covers most of your arguments plus some more.

That's true. Alright, I changed the rules for the fight.

Now, back to the argument. As for probability manipulation and any other of Mercer's hax, on the War on Gyrohem page, it says Aura can "protect against other kind of hax, and even come back from being erased." This was even said on the previous comment, and, also said on the previous comment, Linx has willpower in spades. As long as Linx doesn't give up, which he won't, in the battle, he probably won't loose any willpower. That should cover Linx against Mercer's hax, unless I'm missing something here.

Also, Linx has a higher durability than Mercer, being at High Multiverse Level+. The weapon listed on the rules, and Mercer's AP, cannot harm Linx badly.

The way I see it, Linx cannot touch Mercer via probability manipulation and Instantaneous Movement, and Mercer cannot harm Linx
that badly via willpower. The new rules in place now make this fight a bit more fair.

Here's how Mercer can win: If he can deplete Linx's Aura, since that's his source of his willpower.

Here's how Linx can win: If he can get 1 clean shot with the Eternal Omega God Blade, Ion Beta God Blade, Kurai Burst, or Final Thrush.

Cosmic Star Arrow basically is a one shot skill that would in all technicality cut right through aura and negate it essentially, so basically it's like Final Thrush, bypasses durability.

So Pre-Rule changes, a more correct assumption would be Linx can't touch Mercer due to Instant movement and Probability hax, but the moment that arrow hits Linx it's game over, Aura or not.

Now let's go over round 2 with the new rules.

Kurai Burst and Final Thrush are still unusable against Mercer's extensive speed capabilities and probability hax. Let's go over the blade you mentioned though:

"Eternal Omega God Blade: This was the very first God Blade Linx obtained. When striking with this weapon, it passes through everything, like it wasn't even there, but where-ever it passes, it cuts through. Like the other God Blades, this weapon can grow as big as the user wants. The Eternal Omega God Blade looks almost like a club, having no guard. The blade kind of resembles a katana, with a spike on the edge, nearing where the guard supposed to be."

The problem here is, well, he has to hit the target which as we discussed is basically impossible even if he grows the blade to stupidly long proportions.

Also I'd like to point out that Mercer can get creative with his manipulations, for example time. He can cause a minor change to the past and prevent Linx from ever being born. Sure Aura can prevent Linx from being erased, but at that point he would've never existed so logically his aura also wouldn't exist and...well you get the point. Furthermore there's also the big one, Fiction manipulation

Sure Aura may protect you from reality manipulation, but in the Akashaverse Fiction manipulation is the cool way of saying toonforce, plot manipulation, etc.

This means the very concepts and rulings of all Auras would be overwritten and either deleted or changed to give Mercer advantage. Yes as you said willpower and aura protects against hax, but really this 'Fiction Manipulation' means Mercer could turn that fact into nothingness regardless of what it says, because that's how it works. Also Reality Manipulation would probably indirectly work on the god blades, so snap of fingers and they don't exist anymore, and if not, Fiction manipulation would do the job regardless as said previously.

Which brings us back to the results of round 1.

Oh yea, the same goes for the Ion Beta God blade.

And I just checked the blades again, apparently they're immune to hax. Either way as stated, Fiction manipulation would work either way.

Those are some amazing points. I'm just the referee here, so I can't really give a vote for anyone. If someone would want to vote some more for either of the two it's fine.

I also don't want to restrict Mercer anymore than now because all of those powers and abilities are a part of him. Maybe taking off Instantaneous Movement would help a bit more, but as of now, I want other people to decide who would win, other than just me going for him.

Though, if it is okay for you, I could restrict some of those abilities.

Well @Xmark12 I don't think doing that would be a good idea, basically because Mercer is already limited to 3 of his otherwise numerous special moves while he's opponent has almost all of his abilities. If we limit Mercer any further then we would be pretty much giving Linx an unfair victory.

Dantvsnero said:
Well @Xmark12 I don't think doing that would be a good idea, basically because Mercer is already limited to 3 of his otherwise numerous special moves while he's opponent has almost all of his abilities. If we limit Mercer any further then we would be pretty much giving Linx an unfair victory.
True, although I would've limited to where Mercer would still have a good chance. Well, anyways now I'll just wait for some more input.

Being honest, it can go either way, but Linx has aura, which consists of 1% core, which is the strongest material in Gyrohem, it is known to have withstood universal attacks, technically, the Cosmic Star Arrow, can break through Most of the aura's thickest, aura consists of many layers, such as the weakest layer, and the last layer, "The Core Layer". So, being technical, I place my vote on Linx, knowing his aura is 1% unbreakable, but being honest, this can go either way.

Hmm. Roy's vote shouldn't be counted since he didn't explain why, Dant's is hard to gauge since it's too long atm for me to read through them, and Note made a comment that it can go either way.

Yeah Xmark, i'd count this as 0 for both combatents, and 1 for inconclusive.

Back