• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Light Speed Fish KE

ANOTHER, a large fish from Toriko that takes 600,000 years of preparation time to cook, needs an AP calculated. I'm making it my job to figure out how strong nobody's favorite characters are, so I'll go ahead and make the calculation. Unfortunately, there are no destruction feats to work with. However, it's a 12 meter fish moving faster than light, therefore we have something to work with; Kinetic Energy. How much force would this thing have by moving?

KE = 1/2mass x velocity^2

The mass, well, that's unknown to Toriko. Thankfully, we have 12 meter fish in real life, the largest known Basking Shark, that should provide an estimate. It weighs 19,000kg, which should work for our mass. As for velocity, being faster than light would mean 299,792,459m/s (an increase of a mere 1 meter per second for a bare minimum). The current page suggests FTL+ speed (though I wonder about that), meaning 2.998e+9 speed (roughly a 10x difference)

Putting that into calculation, the Kinetic Energy would be at minimum 8.53817E+20 J. That puts it at High 6-C, Large Island Level, Kinetic Energy. Giving it FTL+ speed, which ANOTHER's page currently suggests, that's a KE of 8.5386E+22 J; Country Level at 6-B.

Final Calculation:

Minimum FTL KE: 8.53817E+20 J (Large Island Level)
FTL+ KE: 8.5386E+22 J (Country Level)

I see. So I guess this was a bust, and ANOTHER can't have an AP... unless it would be allowed to lowball the speed for the sake of Kinetic Energy?

We can't use Lightspeed / FTL speeds for Kinetic Energy.

It is mentioned here in Kinetic Energy Feats.
I agree with what Damage said.

Well, even if I loosen the rule a bit and allow FTL KE (it looks weird to lowball the speed at a feat solely for the sake of getting a Kinetic Energy yield accepted), by the 3rd rule, thanks to the law of relativity the figure will be capped at 4 times newtonian KE at ~0.93 c. And even then, by the 4th rule, we always evaluate this on a case by case basis.

Coming back to this... I went ahead and did the calculation with the 0.93 speed of light, the result was 7.38467E+17 J. Times 4 is 2.953868e+18 J (7-A). Is that what I should be doing, or was I misunderstanding something?

Back