• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's find out who the best droid is Round 1: B1 Battle Droid vs B2 Super battle droid (0-5-0)

There's always this debate on which is actually the best droid in the CIS. Some say it's the B1 because you can hurl them at enemies and some say B1 is garbage asking where all the droidekas are. Let's put this to a vote.

All battles will take place in the Geonosian Colosseum with both squads standing at opposite ends.

the-geonosian-arena-3387-x-1440-wallpaper-ow46a25em39uu5my.jpg

1 B1 Battle droid is 1800 credits
1 B2 Super Battle Droid is around 3300 credits.

a-b2-super-battle-droid-and-a-b1-battle-droid-in-the-mandalorian-season-3-episode-6.jpg

110 B1 Battle droids
VS
60 B2 Super Battle droids.

I decided to add a zero to everyone's numbers to make it more interesting.

Both squads now cost 198,000 credits

Victory is wiping out the other side.

B1:
B2: Flashlight237, XSOULOFCINDERX, ReaperAndBlues,TegamiBachi25, AThe1412
Clones:

Last edited:
While I personally don't think either the B1 or the B2 would compare to the Droideka, when you look at the two, well...

Given the funds are distributed equally, we can look at the two's respective strengths. The cheapness of the B1 allows them to have greater numbers than the B2s, and when you look at their locomotion, you can safely assume that B1s are also faster than B2s, effectively giving the B1s the capability of being the rushdown troops they're intended to be. In regards to their intelligence, the best I can really give any of them is that time when two of them gunned down a Jedi knight while they were in the middle of a lightsaber duel in Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008). Half of the time, they don't even know what they're doing. They're kinda like Stormtroopers except the Stormtrooper stereotype is more canonical to them.

On the other hand, B2s are called "Super Battle Droids" for a reason. They are physically superior in every way to the B1s, with the only thing holding them back is their sluggish locomotion. They can typically take a few hits from the standard blaster while a B1 would probably be felled by just one shot from a blaster, two at most. I don't recall any highlights or lowlights to the intelligence of the B2 Super Battle Droid, however.

My take is the B2 Battle Droid squadron would win, with a range of about 20 to 30 of them left standing.

Considering that B2s were considered as major threats even in small numbers in almost every media that isn't the 2003 Clone Wars mini-series then I'll also give it to the B2s FRA.

While I personally don't think either the B1 or the B2 would compare to the Droideka, when you look at the two, well...
I'd have to double check the prices again. But the droideka would be outnumbered about 10 to 1 if it went up against the B2 and and 20 to 1 against a B1 if that helps.

Frankly the droid I wasn't sure including in this little tournament was the magna guard. On one hand they were the jedi killers of the droid army. On the other hand if you take in the prices they'd be outnumbered 30 to 1 against a B2 and 60 to 1 against the B1. Also when I listen to the droid ranking lists they exclude the magna guard and focus on the B1, B2, droideka, and BX.

Anyways all 3 votes counted.

B2 FRA. I firmly believe that a single B2 can beat two or even three B1s 90% of the time so their numbers advantage won't help. Overall, the B2 is both better in nearly everything save for agility AND more cost-efficient.

Last edited:
Back