• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Large Size Calculations - Different species

Ogurtsow

He/Him
VS Battles
Retired
Greetings. I'd like to ask on how to calculate the tiers of non-humanoid large-sized characters. The thing is the two tables listed on the Large Size Calculations page are mainly focused on humanoid characters. The results for species I'm going to talk about would obviously be different due to the differences in mass-size ratio. The peak sizes of certain characters are already known, as the nature of the Tasty-verse allows you to see the sizes of anything throughout the entire series. We only need to decide what tiers do they belong to at their largest extents.

Here're the scans (or screen captures to be exact) for the Tasty-verse characters:

Tasty Blue
Tasty Planet Forever

@DontTalkDT

Since you're the one who created the Large Size Calculations page, could you please take a look at this thread?

I feel like the Attack Potency section of the page explains how one would calculate it for non-human things?

Like, upscale from the corresponding real-life animal. If the animal is x-times large in the verse than in reality, its weight is likely x^3 times larger in the verse than in reality.

Then either figure out the speed for KE or figure out how high up its center of mass is for GPE.
For the latter... well, either you can find one on google or you will have to do a conservative estimate of the center of mass.

Understandable. Should their center of mass be just half of their height? I tried to calculate this way, and the results seem pretty realistic for me.

For the octopus I would maybe use 1/3rd, but aside from that 1/2 should be fine.

Tasty Blue
Tasty Planet Forever
The Goldfish, Cleaning Cat, Basking Shark, and Dingo should be easy to assess, but for the others, I'd base them on the animals that are stereotypically used if you're looking for a size reference. These are as follows:

Dolphin: Bottlenose Dolphin
Nano-Shark: Bull Shark (since it doesn't look anything like a Great White)
Octopus: Giant Octopus (basically the plainest-looking octopus I can think of)
White Rat: Norway Rats
Super Bee: Either a bumblebee or a European Honeybee would work.
Penguin: Adelie Penguin

Back