• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ladies Men: Bond vs Stinson (6-0-0)

These two seduce people like no other. They're womanisers, swarve gentlemen and are known to be unfathomably cool. Today, they're gonna fight each other. The two meet at a bar after ordering the same drink

James is at 9-B, speed is =

James has none of his own weapons or gadgets. Just a knife. This is Brosnan Bond just to suit the theme of it all

Barney also has a knife and nothing else

James Bond (Composite): 6

Barney Stinso: 0

Inconclusive: 0

A very stylish bond I must say.

Anywho uh pretty sure Bond takes it via sheer skill. He's probably just as talented with a knife as he is with any other weapon.

also does the duplication seem like a gag feat?

I'm afraid this might be a power stomp. Bond is at like 1 million joules cause of his door feat from what I recall.

Barney gets into the hundred thousands due to higher animal scaling. But that's a 9, 8, 7, or 6 times power difference depending where Barney lands exactly.

Well. If that's the case. I looked it up. Turns out his table feat with the Frag end gives him 310,000 when rounding down. So, Barney via Duplication, fighting skill that can definitely let him hold his own, stealth mastery, predator vision to counter Bonds stealth, highly manipulative and clever planning, and his disguises to get the drop in some cases.

And as you brought up before. If it's a gag feat. For one. He has apparently done this more than once (go to 0:45). Like he did it and beat up his Canadian self. For two, he is the gag and logic breaker of the show. He is essentially the one who "gags" out the most and does it fairly consistently. Like his predator vision, Duplication, potentially like FTL multiple times done feat. Ect.

I'll say right now that Bond can more than handle one dude who hasn't had nearly as much experience or has nearly as much skill as him. Barney is some random dude, Bond is a world class MI6 spy. Bond has strath mastery himself, and knowing where bond is doesn't help when he only had a knife and not a gun, and in a situation like this he won't have time to disguise or to come up with a plan. It implies they're right in front of each other, in a bar.

Also no Bond is 500,000 after scaling to Jaws, because he can harm the guy.

Also just because it's fone more than once or because he is "the gag" doesn't stop it from being a gag feat. I don't feel like that should be put on the profile if he's done it only twice.

Thats not the point though. He's not beating a world class spy.

Bond has stealth mastery yes. But Barney counters. Barney has definitely shown some good skill in fighting. Even gone against Marshall, who's family boxes, and fights each other for fun since childhood. As well using dirty tatics like throwing sand in each other's eyes. Barney isn't as skilled yes. I agree. But he still is skilled in his own right. And the guy can change clothes in about a seconds time. If he got out of james site. He will have the time. Even I he didn't go the route of disguising. Nothing stomps him from booking it the other direction to hide himself. He is a smarter player. He wouldn't go for a direct attack. He more likely would lead the fight outside, or hide into the crowd and play it smarter.

Knowing where bond is definitely can help if they go into the stealth game. If your opponents has a harder time finding you then you do them. That's a good advantage.

Why is Jaws 500,000? He doesn't have a calc or anything that I see.

I mean. What's the argument other than just "It's a gag so it can't be used". Despite he fact in their story. It's been used. More than once. Not just as oh a funny background thing. But him having a legitimate problem with himself being Canadian. And it doesn't pop out of nowhere: the fact he is so like this just makes it fit better. This isn't a one off thing with a character who is never like this. He does things like this through the series. And he does his specific thing more than once. Plus we have let other characters who have done one off things and they still keep the feat. Even if they are one time occurances.

Maybe not one of him. But multiple is definitely helping his case. if multiple Barneys came at him. He is getting overwhelmed from that point. A world Class spy is skilled yes, but he is countered in one of the best things about a spy (stealth), facing a stealth guy with no counters to his stealth, he doesn't have a gun, so nothing can prevent barney from getting away to hide and make a plan.

Boxing is nothing compared to a world class spy. I don't know enough about bond so I'm waiting for arsenal to come around.

I'm tempted to make a thread asking about that duplication and whether it's a gag. Could you give examples of when we give one off abilities like that to characters, please,

how many duplicates can he make exactly. I'm pretty sure Bond can take multiple people on being a world class spy and all that. Being a spy just isn't about stealth. There's more to it than that. Other threads have stated that spy training is superior to military.

Jaws is 500,000 for surviving a train crash. I think the exact number is like 515,000

Door fragmentation is 500,000 anyways what're you talking about?

I'll speak with an admin and see what they think on the dup feat. And I'll try and grab the scenes where he does it. I know they are on YouTube. Just need to find thrvepispde.

And unspecified. We just know he can.

We can't assume he can spawn more than one then if he hasn't shown to be able to.

Also AP difference still stands. He's like 516,000 or so.

Barney has never once duplicated in a fight. There are multiple times where he didn't fight because he was either too scarred or straight up got his ass kicked. So duplication isn't combat applicable. His stealth mastery doesn't counter Bond's. Just because he as it doesn't mean it's as good and frankly it isn't nearly as good. Stinson doesn't hold his ground here, Bond is vastly more skilled

1. That doesn't mean it isn't usable in combat.

2. That's not what I said. His senses counter. Cause he can see the inferred spectrum. Meaning he could always see where James Bond is.

3. And I Said bond was more skilled. I don't know how many times I have to repeat that. But yes. Bond is more skilled. I had other reasons.

Doesn't matter anymore anyway cause the power got removed

If Barney hasn't used duplication in combat then he isn't using it here. Plus it would be incredibly OOC for him to do so considering every time in HIMYM he is in a fight, which mind you isn't a lot, he never uses duplication. Bond has decades more fighting experience, much better. Plus even if his stealth is good, there is simply no chance it's better than Bond, a world class spy, whose been doing this for far longer than Barney. I don't even remember what the episode was called, but when Ted and him were outside the bar, Barney ran away and left ted to get beaten up. He didn't duplicate himself there to overwhelm the guy, he won't do it here. That was against a brute. This is against a guy with expert training

The main argument about duplication is gone. Duplication isn't on the man's profile anymore.

I believe the argument now is his enhanced infrared seeing and also just...stealth? And disguise?

Ahhhhh ok didn't see that my apologies

Yeah Bond has that too and is basically better. Even with the infrared seeing, SBA puts them in Central Park in Daylight. Bond is just the far superior fighter and much smarter

Well now it's just a fairly skilled fighter with a knife not much else to do but hide and know where james vs a world class spy with a knife.

I wouldn't only use skill to qualify a stomp if it is because is skill and other stuff. Like example

Large skill advatage with a decent Power advantage (So maybe like a times 2 to high cap), and experience stomp

If it's like that. Then I'd Be more in yea. Stomp and close. But skill alone shouldn't warrant a stomp

Back