• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

'L I N K' fights a spy

What tier are James's vehicles? Jams Bond is only 9-A with Rockets, & CD-i Link is 9-A in AP & Durability. Higher with the Power Glove!

Link one-shots, & any attack BUT the rockets isn't even a match for his tier's durability, & those are limited in quantity not to mention only POSSIBLY 9-A. Not to mention, I doubt James will think to use them first; Why would he suspect a boy in green cloth wouldn't be killed by a few gunshot wounds?

Also, if flying vehicles count as him being in mid-air, Link can freeze them in mid-air with the Bell.

The only edge I see James having are flying vehicles, invisibility, skill, maybe intelligence, & weapon range.

And even if he did go invisible (Which Link can negate via the Lantern of Vision if he finds out about the invisibility, which James likely won't know about the 1st time at least.), hide outside of Link's range & start turtling with shots, he'll still be doing very low damage, tracking him or his vehicles is possible, & Link has a projectile-reflecting shield anyway.

One shot of fire/beam from his sword, bomb or stab or reflected projectiles, & James is dead, if not severely injured.

Link seems to have MUCH better chances here.

"Why would he suspect a boy in green cloth wouldn't be killed by a few gunshot wounds?"

"if he finds out about the invisibility, which James likely won't know about the 1st time at least"

OP specified they both have prior knowledge.

Oops, my bad. Well, nonetheless....

James:

"At least 9-B to possibly 9-A with rockets", Durability: Street level to Wall level | At least Wall level

Link:

Attack Potency: Small Building level (Can trade blows with opponents that are capable of harming him. Killed Glutko, who was so large his hands were the size of adult me)

Durability: Small Building level (His bombs generate this much energy, and he can tank them at point-blank range, even without using his shield), higher with his shield

When your strongest offense is only POSSIBLY on your opponent's tier, your chances don't seem good, IMHO.

If James has any chance of winning, it's likely going to be a long battle, since his weapons have limited ammo/fuel/energy, as do his vehicles, Link can counter his invisibility, the bell & his shield & sword blasts might counter any flying vehicles, & I'm not sure he has the better stamina.

James: Stamina: Peak Human (He can fight even while heavily injured).

Link: Stamina: Should be fairly high, can fight bosses and traverse entire levels without tiring out.

It's quite possible Link fights those bosses while injured himself, & as the justification mentions, he does a lot of travelling between fights.

Link FRA then.

Vehicles are 9A and should be straight 9A.

James Bond revision is getting a major revision soon I'm excited for it.

But as of right now it does say possibly 9A

Back