• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

KRATOS VS DOVAHKIIN

Funny thing.

Dragonborn is in no way shape or form less Ruthless then Kratos considering he has no issue butchering dragons or innocent people and has expirience against those thousands of years older then him.

Higher AP is a better reason then that.

^ completely forgot about that (been a while since I've played Skyrim). But if Kratos has the AP Advantage then I'll vote for him

The only shout that would do anything is possibly mind hax and even that most likely won't work (last time I check Kratos has mindhax resistance, but I could be wrong).

Keeweed said:
The only shout that would do anything is possibly mind hax and even that most likely won't work (last time I check Kratos has mindhax resistance, but I could be wrong).
What about the soul ripping shout?

I believe Kratos can resist that too, but it's also been a while since I've play GoW and I only watched my brother play the new game, so I could be horribly wrong.

I mean the dovakiin still has his become ethereal shout (which makes him intangible), drain vitality (absorption of the opponents magical and physical energies), marked for death (a permanent status debuff that can be further added on), and time slow (self explanatory) for the haxed stuff in the Dovakiin's arsenal of shouts.

But Kratos' has the sheer AP to one shot Dovakiin now so, you have to unequalize Speed or else the dovakiin gets AP stomped hard

Ok this is actually a little closer than I original thought. Kratos still wins no difficulty but it would be a long and annoying process (unless Kratos time stops straight off)

Keeweed said:
Ok this is actually a little closer than I original thought. Kratos still wins no difficulty but it would be a long and annoying process (unless Kratos time stops straight off)
Kratos' no diffs the fight only because Speed is equalized or else Dovahkiin would have a chance of winning. But since Speed is equalized Kratos' stomps hard. So it's eithier Unequalized speed or close this for a stomp

I mean even if unequalized he has the experience advantage (Miraak and every other thousand year old enemy was either stuck in a coffin or out side time). Still is more ruthless (killing innocents vs ripping hundreds to pieces). Has a huge ap and durability advantages. And his abilities can be more easily used.

Guys the ap diference is not much and remember dovahkinn has also summons that he can do, shouts that gives him boost to his speed etc..., if I remove the speed equal then its easy win to Dovah

No Kratos still stomps easily. Most of the Dragonborn's shout are actually pretty worthless. The only ones that help are either resisted or Kratos one shots anything thrown at him. Also Whirlwind only increases his speed for less than a second and the fury shout barely increases his speed. (I love Skyrim and the Dragonborn, but he gets beyond destroyed).

don't forget that Dovah has summons like Karstaag, Durnehviir, etc... and shouts are not worthless, Kratos does not have resistence against time stop (IIRC). I don't think this is a stomp, on the contrary I think its a fair fight. (your vote is counted for Kratos haha)

Keeweed said:
I mean even if unequalized he has the experience advantage (Miraak and ever other thousand year old enemy was either stuck in a coffin or out side time). Still is more ruthless (killing innocents vs ripping hundreds to pieces). Has a huge ap and durability advantages. And his abilities can be more easily used.
Yes Kratos would have the unquestionable experience advantage no doubt about that.

But your forgetting about the Dovahkiin's whirlwind sprint (which while only allowing him to go in one direction offers a tremdous boost in speed), Ice shout (I don't know if it would do anything in this fight but if it does work then with it he could freeze Kratos solid and buy time for him to escape Kratos' attacks), Summon Durnehiivr (Summons a dragon that spawns in even more guys to the fight that should be around dovahkiin's level of strength), call Dragon (which summons Odaviing who should be around the Dovahkiin's Level Of Strength), call of valor (Summons Nordic hero's that are some what weaker in Strength to the Dovahkiin). So it isn't just one guy Kratos is gonna be facing in this fight at all.

Even then that's not adding the none shout abilities. Which would include even more people being in the fight (who are comparable to the Dovahkiin in Strength) and maybe some more stuff cause I honestly can't remember the none shout stuff.

And Kratos still has to face off agaisnt the more haxed stuff in the Dovahkiin's arsenal as well as the sheer amount of people that are gonna be in this fight. So Kratos would need to deal with people who are either comparable or somewhat weaker than Dovahkiin in the speed department.

Few things 1)Dragonborn's movement speed is peak human Kratos is always going to be right next to him (if speed is unequal). 2) Kratos can one shot any summon and resist anything Durnehiivr can do (unless Kratos is so different from the other games that he just lost his resistances). 3) Kratos without a doubt resist ice shouts because the final boss throws a ton of ice magic at Kratos and it does nothing. Plus Kratos can heal anything the Dragonborn can do to him and can resurrect while the Dragonborn dies from Kratos tapping him slightly.

Keeweed said:
Few things 1)Dragonborn's movement speed is peak human Kratos is always going to be right next to him (if speed is unequal). 2) Kratos can one shot any summon and resist anything Durnehiivr can do (unless Kratos is so different from the other games that he just lost his resistances). 3) Kratos without a doubt resist ice shouts because the final boss throws a ton of ice magic at Kratos and it does nothing. Plus Kratos can heal anything the Dragonborn can do to him and can resurrect while the Dragonborn dies from Kratos tapping him slightly.
While the Dovahkiin's travel Speed is only at peak human levels he still holds the Combat and reaction speed advantage which would mean he can dodge Kratos' attacks with ease but can't escape from Kratos'.

I mean Kratos' 2018 profile doesn't suggest that he has his previous selfs resistances or even equipment seeing as how there isn't a giant wall of text on his page.

And your point does stand that Kratos' could very easily one shot the summons but remember what I said earlier above there all still comparable to the dovahkiin in combat, reaction, and travel speed. And once again this means that the summons that aren't dragons should be able to dodge most of Kratos' attacks but won't be able to escape him due to peak human travel speeds

The 2018 page doesn't suggest that Kratos' could self resurrect himself in anyway shape or form so once he's out he's out for good.

So unless something changes with his 2018's profile page then Dovhkiin could still hax Kratos' to death with no difficulty. Unless something changes during the match up.

^ I forgot that the resurrect requires your kid. But other than that the Kratos profile is like a week or two old. But I guess since his resistances aren't on his profile yet (if he even has them (which I would fine weird if he didn't) I guess I'll switch my vote to the Dragonborn for mindhax (unless someone knowledgeable one GoW 4 shows up).

So with that being said I'll go with the Dovahkiin for now, unless as @Keeweed said if a GOW 4 experts shows up and debunks me hard.

Well Kratos can fight and react to Baldur who very clearly is faster than normal people, but I don't know how fast he is exactly. Also, why would his other resistances be gone, he got older it's not like the ability to resist certain things just dissapears for no reason, and Cory talked about how Kratos is cursed to live forever, so he would ressurect anyway, the boy ressurecting him and Kratos not ressurecting is game-play mechanics, or for drama in the story since he can, and he can regen as shown in the fight with Baldur the first time, but he never uses it again which is odd, guess he never needed to, or decided not to.

Egarroyo0330 said:
Well Kratos can fight and react to Baldur who very clearly is faster than normal people, but I don't know how fast he is exactly. Also, why would his other resistances be gone, he got older it's not like the ability to resist certain things just dissapears for no reason, and Cory talked about how Kratos is cursed to live forever, so he would ressurect anyway, the boy ressurecting him and Kratos not ressurecting is game-play mechanics, or for drama in the story since he can, and he can regen as shown in the fight with Baldur the first time, but he never uses it again which is odd, guess he never needed to, or decided not to.
That's what's I've been wondering myself. I hope someone can explain that soon.

This version of Kratos still scales to Demi-God Kratos from the other games so he has Mind resistance iirc.

I'm going to give this one to Kratos. He has ways to deal with the dragon born, has a lot of AOE to take care of any summons, and in the unlikely event he gets hurt by beings with less AP when he himself has stat amps, he can regen.

1 vote to Kratos throwing the axe fighting with the Blades then recalling the axe through the dragonborns head hehe.

^ see I knew he still had his resistances; going back to Kratos he Resistance everything the Dragonborn does and one shots him.

The only reason I can think of that he didn't regen is beacause he was actively holding back which makes sense if you read the comic that came with the game. Spoilers for the comic

Kratos straight up lets wolves bite and scratch him without fighting back, and just waits for them to get tired and leave, to test his rage and control it, but two trolls show up and piss him off so he casually destroys them with nothing but his bare hands, but they talk about how the rage takes over, and show him looking angry with rage in his eyes, yet in game and in cutscenes he never owns something like this as easily as he does here, and again chooses not to regen from his wounds but instead lets Faye patch them up, or just leaves them. I think the only time he isn't holding back is when he completely loses himself in rage and lets it take him over, which never happens in game since he is clearly in control and still conscious of his actions. But who knows for sure, hopefully in future games this is explained, or future comics.

@Egarroy

Kratos won't regen unless he has to, he hates gods and that includes himself. So he wouldn't use anything outside his own strength unless he had to. Which was the case vs Baldur so he regened.

@Keeweed

That you have to check. I only know for certain he has resistance to mind manipulation

@Velrox

I think not.. FUS RO DAH is no match for.... "BOY!!!!!!"

@Egarroy

I just said why, he won't use it unless he has to. Since he hates gods including himself. Before he HAD to because he was against gods. Of course he'd only use it now under the same circumstances

Siding with Kratos for his greater strength, experience in fighting a possibly wider variety of foes, and weapons.

Back