• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Koji Komatsu vs. Legate Vitosius

Koji Komatsu (Ataraxia Debut) fights Legate Vitosius (Base)

8-C Key
Speed Equalized
100-meter distance

Koji's AP = 0.38 Tons (Base) -> 0.475 Tons (Hybrid Physiology) -> at least 0.64 Tons (Hitoshikunai Ichigeki)
Legate's AP = >littlepip (0.664 Tons)
Legate has the slight AP advantage but should lose that advantage when hit with Hitoshikunai Ichigeki
Mental Blade's attack boost is restricted but its effect is allowed.

Homeless Man: VNova, Johnconquest1, Phoenks, Thisthingisreallybroken

Incon:

MLP fanfic character:

Last edited:
In this key Koji would engage in close combat and eventually hit him with his soul sword. Due to legate's soul being contained within a phoenix talisman within his heart and koji likes aiming for the torso, mans gonna hit it eventually. Depends on what Legate does to prevent that seeing as his soul resistance is dependant on his master which isn't present in this match.

Already talked about a lot of what was discussed but I need to elaborate more on Legates skill.
He's created multiple martial arts, that formed the basis of all martial arts used in Project Horizons, Major Military forces adopted styles that he had created centuries ago, by which point he already had counters for. The best character I can compare him to is Xenith, by modern standards she is considered a prodigy. Spending the better part of her adult years honing her skills in gladiatorial combat as a means to escape slavery. Everyday she fought repeated opponents in Gladiatorial style combat and effectively finished each one by paralyzing and subduing them, using an art that Legate created. Even against opponents armed with automatic weaponry and power armor, Xenith was able completely subdue them. The story goes out of its way to make it very clear that she doesn't need weaponry like her comrades to be badass. She is even proficient at fighting The Enclaves elite guard, the wonderbolts, who have spent their entire lives training in aerial combat, like nothing after guzzling a potion that lets her grow wings.

Legate kicked the shit out of her like she was nothing. Despite her being backed by several other ponies on her and pips level who tried taking him on singlehandedly.

Finally I should also mention that Legate has displayed unique abilities with his own proficiency in HTH combat. for example he can disrupt a persons biorhythms with his strikes, accurately control the vibrations of his strikes, and make a pony implode on themselves HNK style. Hope that cleared up his skills a little.

That said, Legate is overconfident as hell, He's let himself take a lot of shots he really shouldn't have in the story and it ultimately lead to his undoing. If Koji is gonna win through anything this'll certainly contribute to it.

Edit: also wrong Legate key.

Last edited:
But can he do anything about Koji's fighting style which is based around being unpredictable and Improvising a lot more and is generally more random? Like you stated on discord, "Like I implied before, Legates teachings ultimately ended up influencing how the modern world fights, several characters practice styles he created, mastered, and mastered specific counters for in case someone tries to use them against him. I should also mention that he's been able to deal with unicorns who in essence can easily just easily TK martial artists. in verse he's a god of martial arts. That said, he has been caught off guard through unusual means, and Koji is someone who can qualify for that distinction." Koji also had the tendency of using clones while fighting, can Legate be able to hold against various clones that each do their own thing that may seem completely random? Koji on various occasions done something seen as completely stupid and has that be part of some coordinated attack, Legate being susceptible to Koji's random nature puts him at a disadvantage along with his overconfident nature.

Again he's fought against multiple other martial artists before, and he dominated all of them, however once one of them was given Blackjack's instant kill sword they were able to bait him into getting hit by it. I can see Koji, someone with a much greater ability set being able to eventually do the same.

I think mastery is being undersold here but I agree with the conclusion in that Koji will eventually get a lethal blow in.

He only has it as a resistance and thats when he's in his masters (The Eater of Souls) presence.

Back