• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

know the trigger-verse

what is the trigger-verse, because the universe/multiverse of the trigger studios series, series like kill la kill, promare, inferno cop, little wich academia, space patrol luluco and others are in this multiverse.
and I wonder do they know this or did they know about this
this is a convention talking about the series where hiyoruki imaishi participated.

hiroyuki imaishi is the director of studio trigger (or at least one of the directors) he directed gurren lagann, kill la kill, panty and stocking, promare and many other series from both trigger and gainax.

so my question is, did you know about this?

In fact there are many indications that the series are connected, from the references, the similarities and even some curious things.
like for example the yggdrasil that if you see the color you will notice that it has a resemblance to the spiral power (in color) and in fact hiromi wakabayashi was asked this, he replied with a.
technically they exist in different universes, however there are characters that can cross the barriers like trigger-chan and inferno cop.
hiromi wakabayashi confirm

Second link flat out says they aren't canon to each other except for meme characters.

That's no different from Nintendo, their verses, and characters like Captain Rainbow meeting several of them. Doesn't mean the Nintendoverse is a thing.

Technically, in reality, what would be canon would be that it exists in the same universe, not that each one is canon for others.
in fact that's funny because there is a theory that said that the series were prequels for each one (which sounded silly in my opinion) but in the end they are not simply different universes that are connected

I know about these theories yeah, I kinda like the one about Space Patrol Luluco.

Though here they aren't part of the same "verse" nor canon. Just made by the same studio. Would've been funny to see Kill la Kill chara use Spiral Energy.

Didn't you notice the similarities between the series? Ryuko looks like Simon, Galo looks like Kamina, there are giant robots in Promare, there are theories of the multiverse (kill la kill and its infinite worlds within worlds with worlds the size of atoms and those worlds they have worlds the size of atoms and endlessly, the promare comes from another universe, there is a hell in inferno cop, luluco's love can cross the entire cosmos and allows him to travel between dimensions, the yggdrasil has the ley lines that can allow travel between dimensions, universes and time lines)

shinji is like simon (except without depression) diebuster has the same multidimensional space as gurren lagann (probability space) there is the power of topless and the power of otaku, which are similar (flcl and diebuster share multiverse) alexis derib (de ssss.gridman) is actually over justice but corrupted by traveling for so long, panty and brief meet alpha omega nova after literally the end of space patrol luluco, and this does not stop

in fact galo de lion already made a compilation of that in not only one but several places (space battle and fanverse) and I decided to bring it to VSWB

I would expect works by the same studio to have similar chara designs.
And I would expect different verses to have cosmologies. I don't see how that's any proof of canonicity between them.

Shinji is from Gainax. Gurenn Lagann is considered a spiritual successor to Gunbuster. Don't see how power of otaku and topless implies same verse. I know nothing of Gridman so can't say for that one.
I would however find logic for a highly parodic work such as Panty & Stocking or Inferno Cop to have such references.

I'll get a look in Galo de Lion stuff, but if there's reliable compilation it should just be included in what you said already.

If you are right, that comparison of Shinji and Simon is the obvious one that exists. better go see galo de lion in fanverse and his mega compilation, or you can see his other post which is better(comic vine)

Back