• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vizer04

He/Him
8b03e95002e9f3eacf3c2b47a1eef529.jpg
defina7-ae28394f-f176-4549-9687-18e860103c2a.jpg

Both at High 6-C and Speed Equalized.

King Kong: 7 (@N-nani, @Apex_PredatorX, @Acer__, @Sonicflare9, @Vizer04, @Popted2 and @AceOfSpaces3709)

The Thing:

Inconclusive: 1 (@Why)

Last edited:
Oh ****, didn't realize just how much shit that thing files is missing. And outdated as shit. Tf's class t LS 😭

Anyway, going by files, Kong has the advantage with range and stuff. Tho energy manip is rather useless here.

Ben should be an overall better fighter and has more fight IQ, plus smaller size is usually an advantage. Now Kong does have an AP advantage of roughly x2, probably less if you take scaling into account, but when you take the fact that hitting The Thing at full strength would be pretty hard for him, it should even out.

Ben should be an overall better fighter and has more fight IQ, plus smaller size is usually an advantage. Now Kong does have an AP advantage of roughly x2, probably less if you take scaling into account, but when you take the fact that hitting The Thing at full strength would be pretty hard for him, it should even out.
Ah my bad, still new at all this

's up to opinion after all, you can keep your vote if you believe kong'd win

Imma say Kong has this one.
I couldn't find exact numbers for Thing but Kong can take 526 Gigatons and was at half strength fighting MechaG. He has also been fighting for much longer than Thing and has plenty of fighting skills. He also has enhanced senses, even down to hearing so Thing wouldn't get away from kong just picking him up and gnawing on his head. His size makes this a problem but Kong is actually used to fighting smaller opponents. Maybe Thing could pick up the axe and use it, or pick up Kong. If the whole team was here, then it would be no problem, but on his own I don't think he could take the ape down.
Kong is smart, merciless, and much much bigger.
Vote Kong

Ben should be an overall better fighter and has more fight IQ
Generally smarter too, he could use the environment and his small size to his advantage as well. Kong isn't the first giant monster he faces. Probably the fiftieth or hundredth at this point. Kong does have an age advantage, being tens to hundreds of thousands years old, though of course age doesn't necessarily equate experience, and Ben has fought a larger variety and more diverse range of enemies.

Yeah, I feel like after the twentieth scrap with Foom Ben has kinda figured the whole thing out lol

Yeah, I feel like after the twentieth scrap with Foom Ben has kinda figured the whole thing out lol
Granted, last fight I remember between Foom and Ben, the latter needed the help of the F4, alone he couldn't have done it since Foom is normally way stronger than Ben. Foom scales from 254 gigatons, for reference.

Yeah, just generally agreeing that Ben's done a lot of fighting big monsters.

I still don't see how the Thing doesn't have a vast skill and experience advantage here.

Ben could skill stomp ngl. Dude knows how to fight

also, clatt t Vs M? Hmm. All he needs to do it hold the monke 👺

Class T is an outdated rating that's been left there, there's no justification for it.

Though tbh I'm not sure this Kong could restrain Thing.

Thing does fight giant monsters with the team
On his own he has to worry about axe radiation, superior senses, and having lower AP.
Fin fang foom was only 256 gigatons and definitely stronger than Thing while Kong has 526 gigatons. That's a 270 gigaton difference and Kong hasn't actually fought bigger enemies than himself until Godzilla (as an adult at least)

Ben seems very underrated here. What type of radiation has that axe? Being fine in space means Ben can take cosmic radiations. Kong's superior senses are neat but not much next to better decision-making in combat, Kong has been around longer but there are 2 issues to it, it doesn't necessarily mean that over that time he got more fights that this comicbook character that has been around since the 60s, and the intelligence of the foes he faces isn't on the same level as the average foes Ben faces, let alone the better ones, with particularly Doom and Sphinx having more experience.

Looking up for experience against giant monsters is handly and all but have experience against competent fighters and distribute that to what would matter here works too.

that has been around since the 60s
I mean due to how time works in Marvel it hasn't exactly been since the 60s, but he's definitely been a hero for at least a couple of decades, and one of his earliest adventures involved giant monsters, too.

It's true that Kong is older but age isn't everything, really. I mean in the MonsterVerse this Kong comes from, two MUTOs recently hatched from their eggs could take on Godzilla who is over 200 million years old... Age doesn't mean sweet FA but it's not the ultimate tiebreaker. It should be noted however that just as Ben has experience with giant monsters, Kong likewise has experience with smaller enemies.

Has he ever fought people of human-ish size that are physically comparable to him though? Because there's a difference between "half his size" and "the size of his pinky"

I mean due to how time works in Marvel it hasn't exactly been since the 60s
My bad on the wording, I meant that everything he had since the 60s is canon for him, meaning a surreal amount of fights and experiences to the amount of time that actually happened in-universe, and how this proven amount of experience is better than the one we can speculate Kong got in his island w/o wiping out the ecosystem of enemy monsters there.

Back