• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Killing someone as an illusion

I guess you mean golden freddy right? Does the golden freddy attack you like a bite or something or like in the original you just die

I guess you mean golden freddy right? Does the golden freddy attack you like a bite or something or like in the original you just die
He isn't even present until you actually get 'jumpscared', which he flashes on the screen for a few seconds saying 'Come back'. then nick ****** dies like a nerd.

Honestly I think it would be better to address the question more generally, then go into specifics if needed. I feel like if an illusion can kill you that could be interpreted as any number of powers (from subjective reality, or mental damage, or just straight death). I have no clue how you rate it if the verse is ultra vague on it (I would either lean towards subjective reality or mental damage as the general default).

This is definitely an interesting question though.

"Try to stay calm, keep your light on. If your sanity is too low you'll become vulnerable to deadly hallucinations" -Death tip from dying to Golden Freddy.

Golden Freddy appears as a hallucination from going insane, and kills you despite such.

"Try to stay calm, keep your light on. If your sanity is too low you'll become vulnerable to deadly hallucinations" -Death tip from dying to Golden Freddy.

Golden Freddy appears as a hallucination from going insane, and kills you despite such.

so he isnt even real? He shouldnt have a profile

so he isnt even real? He shouldnt have a profile
No he is real he shows up in the attic memory to kill scott. Just in that moment he was there as an illusion created by the ignited's madness manipulation.

Also characters that 'aren't real' have gotten profiles. look at the nightmare animatronics. they're not real either.

Hmm GF can have Intagibility and Possibly Death hax then
Why would it be possibly? He appears in Nick's mind and kills him by staring at him a little funny. thats death manipulation.the game even admits he's just a deadly hallucination (at least in that scene. he's later an actual physical entity)

Why would it be possibly? He appears in Nick's mind and kills him by staring at him a little funny. thats death manipulation.the game even admits he's just a deadly hallucination.
Theres the possibility of Nick just being scared to death since isnt he like a ******* baby at that point?

Theres the possibility of Nick just being scared to death since isnt he like a ******* baby at that point?
Nick seems pretty fine with fighting off the other disgruntled animatronics who are trying to kill him. Nick doesn't have any heart conditions that would make that really a possibility for him. (especially as a child)

Dont you literally need the lights to keep yourself sane?? Nick is not okay in that situation lol-
Well he wasn't dropping dead from fear. (plus, they have passive Madness Manipulation which is why he was going insane, and still seemed to handle it well afterwords) by your own logic he shoulda done that a while ago before Golden Freddy showed up.

Well he wasn't dropping dead from fear. (plus, they have passive Madness Manipulation which is why he was going insane, and still seemed to handle it well afterwords) by your own logic he shoulda done that a while ago before Golden Freddy showed up.
Nick is a child and can be scared, Animatronic have Madness Manipulation = The possibility of Nick just dying out of feat

Its still likely death hax though not one hundred percent.

Keep in mind, while I know a bit of FNAF Lore, I have no clue about the FNAF Scene on this wiki

If a Illusion is able to kill you, I would think that it's best to look at how they kill you first. In the case of, say, a Illusion physically interacting with, and thus killing, someone, that seems like subjective reality. For something like Golden Freddy, however? Well... The safest bet is that the Illusion is likely somehow inducing Brain Death, as I can't really think of much else. Take that as you will, cause Golden Freddy is a really weird case with little context.

Nick is a child and can be scared, Animatronic have Madness Manipulation = The possibility of Nick just dying out of feat

Its still likely death hax though not one hundred percent.
You think i should list it as possibly death manipulation, because you think it's a comparable possibility that Nick was scared to death (something that is incredibly rare to people, and only really a possibility when someone has a heart condition) than Golden Freddy killing Nick with death manipulation, despite it being stated him being a deadly illusion in that scene?

Keep in mind, while I know a bit of FNAF Lore, I have no clue about the FNAF Scene on this wiki

If a Illusion is able to kill you, I would think that it's best to look at how they kill you first. In the case of, say, a Illusion physically interacting with, and thus killing, someone, that seems like subjective reality. For something like Golden Freddy, however? Well... The safest bet is that the Illusion is likely somehow inducing Brain Death, as I can't really think of much else. Take that as you will, cause Golden Freddy is a really weird case with little context.
The only real context we have to his killing in the bedroom is that he's an deadly illusion caused by going insane, and just kinda 'kills him' without touching him, and then post death the game directly telling you he was a deadly hallucination.

i personally feel being a deadly hallucination which kills you without physically interacting with you is more than enough for death manipulation. of course HOW he does said death manip is the problem.

I think it should be possibly because we simply just don’t know 100% what power it is, rather than it not being a power. He’s specifically stated to be deadly, so it’s him causing it. The problem is, ‘it’ could be interpreted as like four different power at least.

Like: fear, madness, death, and subjectivity reality all fit the bill pretty well here.

The only real context we have to his killing in the bedroom is that he's an deadly illusion caused by going insane, and just kinda 'kills him' without touching him, and then post death the game directly telling you he was a deadly hallucination.

i personally feel being a deadly hallucination which kills you without physically interacting with you is more than enough for death manipulation. of course HOW he does said death manip is the problem.
I don't think that him being called a deadly hallucination matters too much, but like I said, it is a weird case with little context- Like you said, they just kind of, die, as a result of Golden Freddy. I'm not sure what it really is, but evidently they aren't physically using their own body to kill the person- They have to be manipulating something, evidently.

I don't think that him being called a deadly hallucination matters too much, but like I said, it is a weird case with little context- Like you said, they just kind of, die, as a result of Golden Freddy. I'm not sure what it really is, but evidently they aren't physically using their own body to kill the person- They have to be manipulating something, evidently.
Golden freddy in the original game also does this. He has possibly death hax

I think it should be possibly because we simply just don’t know 100% what power it is, rather than it not being a power. He’s specifically stated to be deadly, so it’s him causing it. The problem is, ‘it’ could be interpreted as like four different power at least.

Like: fear, madness, death, and subjectivity reality all fit the bill pretty well here.
Why could it be fear or madness manipulation? The Ignited already possess those abilities (through different means) and the whatever golden freddy is doing here is caused by... i guess however the ignited make fake things deadly.

speaking of that, would he get any abilities for being able to become an illusion?

If they have those abilities and they are shown to work differently then I will probably lean more towards death or subjective reality (or sheer mental damage).

If they have those abilities and they are shown to work differently then I will probably lean more towards death or subjective reality (or sheer mental damage).
Madness Manipulation is simply caused by their physiology, and cause humans to panic faster by looking at them and witnessing them do certain things. so yeah, their madness and fear work slightly differently.

Back