• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Kid Naruto is Overpowered" Video

Yea i watched the video id say he brought up some good point and that Naruto for his generation was indeed always broken (After learning Shadow clone jutsu) so i do agree that he was already high Chunnin level

I always think Kid Naruto overpowered and he is weak because of Kishi's character equalization.

Also, this isn't the same person who said EMS Sasuke has more chakra than 4SWW Naruto?

Kid Naruto after learning Shadow Clone Jutsu is overpowered, but Kishimoto wanted to make a Nobody, an outcast, turn into a Top Dog that just few can touch, so he made it see like he was weak in all he's way to the top.

And he failed. True nobodies in the start but became powerful later in the story are Lee, Gai, and Dai. They have no bloodline, no vast amount of chakra, don't have the tailed beast in them, and they were ridiculed but they stood strong and became most powerful shinobis in their era.

Naruto was painted as an underdog. But in actuality he always had top tier potential. So yes, Kishimoto executed that very poorly.

I think we can agree that making Naruto Asura's reincarnation was probably one of the worst narrative decisions in Naruto. It completely ruins his character arc.

This video ignored alot of context really.

To put it bluntly, at best I only partly agree.

It is filled with wank and ignoring nuance.

At best, Naruto is an average chunin at the end of part 1. I doubt he is even high tier chunin or low jonin, unless we take into account the one tails, which is sketchy and riddled with PIS.

I agree with Kinkiest.

Kishimito really didn't fail making Naruto a nobody, since he was never a nobody but he wasn't aware of this. He just knows he is an outcast and needed to train hard.

Which applies, because he wasted a ton of chakra making one measily clone but sexy Uzumaki genes and Kurama gave him a leg up. And he wasn't good at taijutsu, but making a ton of dudes that make you learn faster everytime they fight works a lot. And he wasn't good at Ninjutsu and technically still wasn't for most of the series relying on a few and the 3 million variations of it(cough cough, rasengan). And he wasn't good at Genjutsu, and it stayed like that.

Naruto did a lot because he had a capable mind and simple but versatile tools in hand, which then got hax added to the mix later on, so I wouldn't say he was overpowered.

That too.

Jutsu doesnt scale to AP. It just so happens naruto is so creative with the three/four jutsu he did know, that it allowed him to beat higher tiered opponents without much difficulty.

AND that he has a get out jail free card with the nine tails chakra.

Defeating Shukaku is great, but losses some of the merit the video credits it with when Naruto needed to wake Gaara up, not beat the thing.

I'd give him more praise for smacking Half-Shukaku Gaara around.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Defeating Shukaku is great, but losses some of the merit the video credits it with when Naruto needed to wake Gaara up, not beat the thing.
Well if ya think about it, w/out Gaara doing that jutsu then Shukaku would had never came out so basically Naruto DID defeated Shukaku (just in a different way)

That's a technicality that defeats the purpose of the video. Naruto had good tools, and he had a better showing than many would give him credit for when younger, but beating full Shukaku falls a bit low of making him overpowered.

He wasn't a normal kid for sure, but I never felt well take away 'x' special thingy as well was very equivalent. The fox ain't Sharingan, or Byakugan, or etc...

Thinking about it, Naruto not just overpowered, he has the potential to overpowered at the start of the series with Kage Bunshin and the vast amount of chakra he has but Kishimoto stunted him both mentally and his general power level.

Naruto's underdog story from a power/training perspective went out the window when we got introduced to the whole chosen gimmick and reincarnation nonsense.

Naruto's underdog story wasn't that he was the weakest but more so that he wasn't liked by anyone. you get different underdog narratives.

he stopped being the underdog when he defeated Pain and thats where that part of the story kinda ends.

Shadowbokunohero said:
Naruto's underdog story from a power/training perspective went out the window when we got introduced to the whole chosen gimmick and reincarnation nonsense.
Naruto's underdog story wasn't that he was the weakest but more so that he wasn't liked by anyone. you get different underdog narratives.

he stopped being the underdog when he defeated Pain and thats where that part of the story kinda ends.
Agreed. Honestly he was still and underdog and being powerful was neevr the real reason for it. Imagine if he consistently used the nine-tailed fox as a power from the started. He would be despised.

Nobody said different thing, on the contrary, most people agree with that.

Naruto never an underdog really, he never trained while his other classmates trained by their clans.

I also believe Kishimoto stunted Sasuke. I mean, he saw his family's death, his parents death, and Itachi tortured him with this images 24 hours and he didn't awaken his Sharingan, he never takes his training seriously like someone with his ambition before going Orochimaru.

Even without Kurama's chakra, he has vast chakra reserves, with KB's learning trick he could train mentally and general powers. Just making stunt Naruto to Sasuke's level and making him a naive hero -or something like that- Kishimoto waste great potential.

Edit: I add seriously. Really how i forget that.

If you think about it, he trains, they all do when it's plot relevant (I count 6 times he's trained in the series) and even then his training is almost always for a specific thing such as tree climbing or chakra control and Summoning. None of them train in their free time like Guy and Lee though

Back