• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kharn vs Revan (Warhammer vs Star Wars)

Yeah...Revan's mind hax won't mean anything here.

The Blessing of the Blood God negates basically any hax you can think trying to effect Kharn. Matter Manip? Negated. Telepathy? Blocked. Telekinesis? No go.

The Blessing will stop anything that doesn't fall under Khorne's definition of Honorable Combat. This is one of the best summarzations of that point:

"Note that the hate of psykers/wizards/etc is pretty much the exact same and works by the same logic for both Khornates and the SoB/Black Templar/etc. Its a Conan-esque kind of swords and sorcery thing. Khornates hate wizards for trivializing encounters with a single spell and overshadowing fighters. They hate turning what should be a military endeavor into a weird wizard show where people turn into frogs. They hate Slaaneshi for the same reason, they take what should be a wholesome murder fest and make it into something creepy and weird, what with them "discomporting themselves with the dead" and all that. In Realms of Chaos, its entirely possible for a librarian or wizard to go to Khorne. They just refrain from using their powers, and only use their psi/magic (in combat) to resist spells from that point onward.

They are okay with laser beams. They are okay with sniper rifles. They are okay with flaming swords. They are okay with running people over with tanks. They are okay with chemical gas. They are okay with exterminatus. They are okay with holocausts. They are okay with blitzkriegs. They are okay with honorable duels at dawn.

They are not okay with turning people to frogs, mind controlling people, raining glitterdust from the skies to blind everyone, raising armies of zombies to do the killing for you, and so forth. They are not okay with someone pointing their finger and you dropping dead. They are okay with rituals to summon demons. They are okay with navigating the warp without crashing into suns. They are okay with sending astropathic messages. They are okay with chaining wizards up and forcing them to eternally forge magic items on pain of death."

Inconclusive, ultimately it comes down to who's the better fighter and while Kharn ultimately outmatches Revan has multiple other force powers that would help immensely

Gargoyle One said:
Inconclusive, ultimately it comes down to who's the better fighter and while Kharn ultimately outmatches Revan has multiple other force powers that would help immensely
What powers exactly? The only ones I can see being of any true help would be precog and healing.

Force Push, telekinesis, maybe matter destruction but I'm unsure, whatever the heck that force shockwave was that I can't remember, and force crush.

Gargoyle One said:
Force Push, telekinesis, maybe matter destruction but I'm unsure, whatever the heck that force shockwave was that I can't remember, and force crush.
None of that will affect Kharn due to the Blessing.

Because clearly, to a guy that can easily survive having his organs getting impaled, carries multiple ranged weaponry, has a Durability ignoring axe and Greater Daemons are absolutely allowed to statistics buff themselves

THAT counts as hax which is unfair.

Right how?

I'm pretty sure using the force for Telekinesis and force pushes is just fine by Khorne's books.

Yep

Pretty sure aside from MindHax and Matter stuff he's completely fine, both of which he literally never uses in any of his fights.

Ok, back from work.

Telekinesis is not going to work. For the exact reason Mind Hax and what not is not going to work. Kharn's Blessing means that psychic/magic powers (and their equivalent) simply do not affect Kharn. That includes (but is not limited to) telekinesis, biomancy, telepathy, pyromancy, and even the unique psychic abilities granted by the other Chaos Gods. This even extends to psychic based weaponry like Force Weapons.

Khorne is the one Chaos God who grants no form of psychic power as he detests them and all it's users. Shoot he even has a Bloodletter called the Huntsman who does nothing back track down such individuals and will hunt them until the end of their days.

This match is the equivalent of Star Wars psyker/psychic/sorceror/witch vs the mortal Champion of the one God who hates them more than just about anyone else.

I know exactly what Kharn's blessings do, but you're telling me Khorne is going to negate it since it's unfair when it's not, hell, unless I'm missing something, greater Daemons are absolutely okay with using telikinesis, so unless there's hypocrisy, Khorne is letting telikinesis and force push in just fine.

And unless I'm getting something wrong isn't Kharn vs Abaddon considered an outlier? If so the AP really isn't all that different.

Gargoyle One said:
I know exactly what Kharn's blessings do, but you're telling me Khorne is going to negate it since it's unfair when it's not, hell, unless I'm missing something, greater Daemons are absolutely okay with using telikinesis, so unless there's hypocrisy, Khorne is letting telikinesis and force push in just fine.
And unless I'm getting something wrong isn't Kharn vs Abaddon considered an outlier? If so the AP really isn't all that different.
Except that none of Khorne's Greater Daemons have Telekinesis.

Not An'ggrath.

Not Skarbrand.

Not Heart of Blood/Avatar of Khorne.

Not Ka'bandha.

Not even the Daemon Prince Angro.

I do not know that one. Azzy told me a while back that Kharn is greater than 21 ninatons.

I'm trying to find Revan's as we speak.

Reminder that offensive powers aren't prevented from being used.

They just do nothing to Kharn himself.

"Caked in dried blood and filth, Khârn raised Gorechild and charged the Grey Knight. The silver-clad Space Marine raised his halberd, directing a powerful blast of psychic energy at the onrushing World Eater.

The stream of blue warp lightning washed over Khârn. Either choosing to ignore the pain or impervious to it, still he came. The Grey Knight renewed his assault, putting so much of his being into the power emanating from his force halberd that hoarfrost coated his suit of Terminator armour and dark blood leaked from both nostrils.

The effect was the same. His red armour glowing purple under the crackling wave of sapphire energy, Khârn did not falter.

KERSAI: No... This cannot be!

Resorting to more base tactics, Kersai raised his weapon to use it in the conventional manner but the World Eater was already upon him.

KHÂRN: Khorne protects me, Grey Knight. Unlike your corpse-Emperor.

A huge fist pounded into the psyker's unprotected face, rearranging his features to such an extent that even the brothers who served beneath him would no longer recognise their justicar.
" - Trials of Azrael

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Resorting to more base tactics, Kersai raised his weapon to use it in the conventional manner but the World Eater was already upon him.
KHÂRN: Khorne protects me, Grey Knight. Unlike your corpse-Emperor.

A huge fist pounded into the psyker's unprotected face, rearranging his features to such an extent that even the brothers who served beneath him would no longer recognise their justicar.
" - Trials of Azrael
This went from terrifying to utterly hilarious in the blink of an eye.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
This went from terrifying to utterly hilarious in the blink of an eye.

Kharn's massacre in that story is genuinely amusing.

At one point he makes a joke about how stupid Azrael's hat is before punching him into a table.

Back