• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Makes sense.

But is Khornes type 8 considered combat applicable? Since I know Tzeentchs type 8 isn't considered combat applicable because he's inconsistent about it.

It depends on who the person is for the Type 8 to vary. If it's a being a Chaos God holds highly or is deterimental to their plots then they would do it as fast as possible. Also time is meaningless in The Warp so time is irrelevant. Tzeentch's should be consistent for Magnus.

I'm pretty sure he's been resurrected before. Also Khorne would most likely allow both into his chaos legions depending on how much they bring to the cause. Someone like Kharn is a good asset to keep around.

None of the type 8s are really applicable except the ones people have based on themselves and Horus, because the CGs revived dudes off the battlefields basically every time.

Kharn's durability is high megafoe to low gigafoe, via enduring an extended beatdown from Angro (who was admittedly unarmored and thus weaker) who reduced everyone else to red mist with single blows, and fighting Abaddon the Despoiler and managing to parry several of his strikes. This includes a deliberate deathblow with Drach'nyen, though driving the daemon sword away from his throat exhausted Kharn and Khorne interrupted their fight immedately after this to tell Kharn to stop. If the fight went on Abaddon would have certainly killed him, but he was definitely trying to legitimately kill Kharn there as opposed to being super casual or whatever. Kharn is also just generally portrayed as way more durable than his already impressive strength.

While in one case he was severely injured and in the other it took everything he had in him for just a few sword strikes, when one considsrs the context of these scenes (everyone else who tried to approach Angron got turned to pulp, and Abaddon is one of the strongest things in the setting), surviving at all is impressive. This is why he scales below Madail's feat that the heavy hitter 4-Bs are scaled to in terms of durability as opposed to directly to it, but either way it's a lot higher than atrocitus's AP.

Also worth noting is during the entire angron thing Kharn remained conscious and able to speak, eventually calming Angron down while Angron was beating the shit out of him. Kharn could barely move after the fact, though.

The more important part is how everyone else got one shot and he was able to stay conscious and speaking long enough to calm Angron down. Angron was weakened and Kharn was still very badly injured though, so he doesn't scale to the full value of primsrch AP for dura. Still way higher than his own AP.

Oh yeah there was also him easily killing Celestine who gave Abaddon a lot of trouble but I don't even know what to make of that tbh. Maybe he just fought a weak incarnation or something.

It wasn't a weak fight and Celestine was already exhausted actually, she was near death and saw Kharn charing and went "My current incarnation is done"

Yeah, that would make more sense. I sorta remember something about how both she and Abaddon were cut off from the warp entirely during their encounter meaning it's not really reflective of their general stats since it stripped away both of their enhancements from their respective god(s) and half the reason Abaddon is so strong is that he got all 4 main CGs to buff him.

@Wok

That's the point where Celestine stabbed him.

She still fought him for a little bit before either were cut off, granted she did this alongside her Geminae Superia, though. That's still like...the the best feat any of her incarnations have, I'm pretty sure.

I guess we'd treat that incarnation and Kharn's dura in a similar way to how we treat Sigismund, then. Clearly much weaker, but not to some absurd degree.

I was under the assumption that's how we already did it. He clearly doesn't fully scale to Angron's AP, since it's clear each hit did pretty notable damage to him, but the degree to which his durability is below his AP isn't so absurd that he was completely incapacitated or killed by the hits.

I think the issue is more of a general one, as I often see people scale weaker characters fully to the superior character they scale from, whereas a more accurate assessment would be "unquantifiably lower, but not to a ludicrous degree".

But unarmored Valdor was said to have been able to be killed by a vehicle mounted laser and he's nearly primarch level so unarmored angron is like tier 8

This still puts it at a lot higher than Atrocitus, who should scale to or above the 615 kilofoe result of Superman's IMP.

Back