• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ken Kaneki vs Kei Kurono (Gantz)

Two ordinary people pulled into hellish circumstances will meet on the battlefield; only one will walk away. Will it be the Ultimate One-Eyed Ghoul or the Master Gantz Player?

8-C forms used, speed equalized

Kei has access to the Gantz Suit, Z Gun, and Gantz Sword

Victory by Death

Ken Kaneki

Kei Kurono

The Z Gun doesn't necessarilly negate durability, since it's basically a sudden increase in gravity. In the Osaka arc, Nuri (the final boss monster) frequently withstood blasts from it and dodged it

Is the z gun a certain increase in gravity?

It's been a while since I read gantz, but from what I remember, the basic gun causes the inside of the opponent's body to expand which causes an explosion as thier bones and skin cannot handle the expansion.

The gravity gun I think you're talking about is something different from what I was thinking of iirc.

Also, just because a character can resist it's effects doesn't mean it doesn't negate durability.

The basic gun is the X Gun, gravity gun is the Z Gun, I double checked before making this. It causes a downward force in a circular pattern that either flattens the target into paste or weighs them down. It can be charged up for more force, but that gives the victim more time to attack first or get out of the way. Nuri was able to be hit by several low charge attacks and it only cause him to get down on one knee.

The blast can be dodged by a swift enough target, even though there's no large time delay between pulling the trigger and the force impacting.

Kei only has access to the Z Gun and Gantz Sword, if he had more weapons, it would have been unfair

Back