• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Katsuki Bakugo (Dynamight) VS Sasuke Uchiha (Part I)

Bakugo's AP: 8.12 Tons of TNT and with Howitzer Impact: 34.14 Tons of TNT

Sasuke's AP: 18.58 Tons of TNT

So skill. Bakugou probably takes this? Haven’t seen part 1 in awhile but I remember mostly Haku and Zabuza trashing them in skill with kakashi doing most of the work of Zabuza and Haku being taken out by KN0. Bakugou in this key fights with terrorists (Nine and his forces), hired guns (wolfram), other students who are all being trained by someone of the best pro heroes around, and also that time he fought with all the LoV members at the same time, people who have fought and killed pro heroes with decades on Bakugou.

The Sharingan is the biggest threat here with it’s predictions but Bakugou fights at mid range with massive AoE explosions with obvious tells, so it’s not like they’d be hard to see anyways. However this is S1 sasuke (i think) so these abilities are incredibly low when compared to it’s higher tiered counterparts. Sasuke can still be flashbanged iirc, so stun grenade is a good move, combined with ap auto cannon for a barrage of attacks while Sasuke is stunned all using dura neg explosions.

Sasuke has AP and Durability but the Minute Bakugou figures out he needs to stay out of close range he will, and fireball’s are resisted (not completely ignored, but he deals with the heat of his own explosions or 5000 C.) and with durability He ignores it (mostly)

Also LS is in Bakugou’s court so his grabs are going to be very useful if close range ever becomes the final standoff.

I don’t remember Sasuke using much genjutsu here, he seemed to be much happier just throwing fireballs and ninja tools. And while the versatility of those if good, I don’t think it beats Bakugou just throwing out a mini nuke type of alcohol.

Bakugou’s true flight his also useful for erratic movements (which can be predicted but are still likely to be useful) and keeping the battle in his favor with great movement options. Sharingan needs line of sight for its prediction abilities iirc, so get out of it and Suddenly the pinwheel eye can’t sense the changes in the wind.

Also howitzer, the howitzer is there to.

Also sasuke is easy to manipulate emotionally with all his angst and bakugou’s taunts aren’t exactly going to be very helpful if he wants to keep his cool

So skill. Bakugou probably takes this? Haven’t seen part 1 in awhile but I remember mostly Haku and Zabuza trashing them in skill with kakashi doing most of the work of Zabuza and Haku being taken out by KN0. Bakugou in this key fights with terrorists (Nine and his forces), hired guns (wolfram), other students who are all being trained by someone of the best pro heroes around, and also that time he fought with all the LoV members at the same time, people who have fought and killed pro heroes with decades on Bakugou.

The Sharingan is the biggest threat here with it’s predictions but Bakugou fights at mid range with massive AoE explosions with obvious tells, so it’s not like they’d be hard to see anyways. However this is S1 sasuke (i think) so these abilities are incredibly low when compared to it’s higher tiered counterparts. Sasuke can still be flashbanged iirc, so stun grenade is a good move, combined with ap auto cannon for a barrage of attacks while Sasuke is stunned all using dura neg explosions.

Sasuke has AP and Durability but the Minute Bakugou figures out he needs to stay out of close range he will, and fireball’s are resisted (not completely ignored, but he deals with the heat of his own explosions or 5000 C.) and with durability He ignores it (mostly)

Also LS is in Bakugou’s court so his grabs are going to be very useful if close range ever becomes the final standoff.

I don’t remember Sasuke using much genjutsu here, he seemed to be much happier just throwing fireballs and ninja tools. And while the versatility of those if good, I don’t think it beats Bakugou just throwing out a mini nuke type of alcohol.

Bakugou’s true flight his also useful for erratic movements (which can be predicted but are still likely to be useful) and keeping the battle in his favor with great movement options. Sharingan needs line of sight for its prediction abilities iirc, so get out of it and Suddenly the pinwheel eye can’t sense the changes in the wind.

Also howitzer, the howitzer is there to.
I disagree on the skill point. There is no way Sasuke, who's been brought up desperately learning hand-to-hand combat in Naruto verse(where everyone is a ninja and great at hand-to-hand combat) is worse than Bakugou, who's probably had like a year of serious training.
Sharingan would be great against Explosion, since it's basically the exact same fire-based jutsu over and over with less of the tricks/variations of ninjutsu.
While Sasuke is easy to manipulate, Bakugou is sometimes even easier to manipulate.

So skill. Bakugou probably takes this?
Not at all wtf?
Also sasuke is easy to manipulate emotionally with all his angst and bakugou’s taunts aren’t exactly going to be very helpful if he wants to keep his cool
Also I doubt Bakugo's gonna manipulate him emotionally at all lol

At most he'll probably get pissed by his fighting style (staying back and not getting close)

Anyway I don't think Sasuke wins this anyway. His only major wincon is chidori, and Bakugo can easily dodge it.

Bakugo FRA

Sharingan would be great against Explosion, since it's basically the exact same fire-based jutsu over and over with less of the tricks/variations of ninjutsu.
While Sasuke is easy to manipulate, Bakugou is sometimes even easier to manipulate.
So no to both.

Explosions has many more uses then just “fire style but worse”
he pulls out flash bangs, aoe’s, machine gun esc barrages, flight, uses it in grapples, etc etc.

And bakugou’s easy to manipulate? He isn’t easy to manipulate, he’s easy to anger, which has a difference. Unless clouded by rage against Midoryia he still can use his head while angry and strategize on different fronts.

yeah his explosions should be better than sasuke's fireball in terms of versatility and how both users use them

I'm also going to vote for Bakugo due to his greater experience, greater range, and ability to increase the strength of his explosions the longer he fights. Furthermore, Bakugo should be able to somewhat resist Sasuke's Fireball Jutsu thanks to the heat resistance he's developed with his own high temperature explosions. And if Bakugo chooses to unleash his Howitzer Impact, Sasuke's done for. Also, the key being used for Sasuke is only for the beginning of the Chunin Exams, so Sasuke doesn't have the Chidori yet. That would be Sasuke's Chunin Exam to Konaha Crush key, which in that case would be a stomp in favor of Sasuke due to his AP.

Last edited:
What are Sasuke's wincons here?
Sasuke has skill on his side, so he can probably go up close and pressure Bakugo with his 2 times AP advantage and has the Sharingan to prevent him from getting grappled because Bakugo does like to use Ex-Catapult if his opponents are up close.

Sasuke can win if he ends the fight fast, but it's not likely due to Bakugo's range. AOE, and passive damage and speed boost

Sasuke has skill on his side, so he can probably go up close and pressure Bakugo with his 2 times AP advantage
So you are saying that Sasuke can approach a guy who is distancing himself all the time with his blasts and press him with a 2x difference in AP, and that is not even enough to get a knockout?

Or, Sasuke pressures him, Bakugo feels threatened and Howitzer Impact GG.

Sasuke doesn't even have Chidori in that key, there's nothing he can do here.

For real: Howitzer about 2x Sasuke's AP. Sasuke scaling to 2x Bakugo's AP. Why is Howitzer such a game ender then? This means that to do significant damage Bakugo need to be spamming Howitzer while Sasuke can dish that kind of damage with anything he touches Bakugo with. If it even hits because Sharingan was dodging Haku soundly while spamming almost imperceptible attacks from every direction at a surrounded and wounded Sasuke who just got the eyes, feels harder of a dodge than Bakugo telegraphing gigablasts. Character also matters here, Dynamight has jumped people on his own a lot. He has the better range but he isn't always fighting at the maximum of it and keeping distance. If Sasuke wins I don't know but feel this isn't as easy for Bakugou as this makes it look like.

So you are saying that Sasuke can approach a guy who is distancing himself all the time with his blasts and press him with a 2x difference in AP, and that is not even enough to get a knockout?
You're acting like Sasuke is never going to land a hit. Bakugo in character either fights up close or he can play range and then get in close
Or, Sasuke pressures him, Bakugo feels threatened and Howitzer Impact GG.
Bakugo only uses Howitzer Impact as a final move or if he has no other options left
Sasuke doesn't even have Chidori in that key, there's nothing he can do here.
He doesn't have Chidori because it will one shot Bakugo, the attack is like 8-A and the rest of his attacks will be on that same level

I'll vote Sasuke with the reasons I gave. Bakugo is fighting a 2x times stronger, more durable, more skilled opponent who also has eyes of the plot privilege. Howitzer is to Sasuke what anything Sasuke lands is to Bakugo. Will it hit or not odds look very in his favor. And Bakugo's own character is what gets in the way of trying to range from hundreds of meters away all the time.

I mean, when Kirishima injured Bakugo in the Tournament, he went straight into an explosion that knocked him out. Against Nine, he stayed in the air dodging his attacks and attacking with big explosions.

Against a 2x stronger opponent, there's nothing to stop Bakugo from immediately taking cover and attacking from a distance, and once he does that, there's not much Sasuke can do. Katon is resisted, Sasuke has shown no feats in genjutsu at this stage, and the Sharingan's Precog can be countered to some extent.

You guys talk as if Sasuke is going to completely subdue Bakugo by taking advantage of a 2x advantage in AP. Also, at close range, LS might be one thing.

I mean, when Kirishima injured Bakugo in the Tournament, he went straight into an explosion that knocked him out. Against Nine, he stayed in the air dodging his attacks and attacking with big explosions.
Yea he can easily knock out a wall level opponent with shit skill, you can't compare that to Sasuke at all who has better skill then Bakugo at this point and is almost 100 more times durable than Kirishima. Against Nine, he was doing both up close and ranges attacks Nine is more of a range fighter, so obviously Bakugo is going to stay in the air and keep away from him
Against a 2x stronger opponent, there's nothing to stop Bakugo from immediately taking cover and attacking from a distance, and once he does that, there's not much Sasuke can do. Katon is resisted, Sasuke has shown no feats in genjutsu at this stage, and the Sharingan's Precog can be countered to some extent.
Bakugo does not play range forever, he has never in character played range until he beat his opponent. Katon and Genjutsu will make this a stomp. I don't even think Katon will work on Bakugo, he will either use Howitzer Impact or just go in the air. I don't see how Bakugo is countering his pre cog either
You guys talk as if Sasuke is going to completely subdue Bakugo by taking advantage of a 2x advantage in AP. Also, at close range, LS might be one thing.
Sasuke does have win cons tho Bakugo is just simply better here

No, if I believed that I'd have walked into the thread saying Sasuke stomps. What I believe is that Sasuke's advantages are enough to make him win more often than not, instead of the contrary. And it's not just an AP advantage. It's an AP, a skill advantage a double skill advantage because of Sharingan and also Bakugou's temperament. Most of his showings aren't playing full range, he's not a Nonon Jakuzure kind of fighter. Thinking he will try to CqC or that Sasuke won't allow him escape all the time is a pretty well-founded thought. Absolute, not really. But fair foundation for me to vote on.

Back