• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Katanagatari Discussion Thread

I see. My subs say:
The one who came to power after the rebellion, Shogun Yanari, fearing the power of the hero of the rebellion, Yasuri Mutsue, exiled him along with his family to this uninhabited island.
While there was nothing about the Shogunate at this point in the novels. Guess that statement's a bust then lol.

I can't believe I missed these statements when talking about the scaling earlier.
There’s no single person in the world could fight three Maniwa ninja on that level and win. Maybe Nanami would stand a chance, but that’s it.
So despite Left Arm, Right Leg, and Left Leg being weaker individually than those like Kokken Sabi, Mutsue doesn't think anyone would stand a chance fighting those three at once. Maybe only Nanami. I think this gives more support to the characters from Kyotou Yasuri being comparable.
“Anyways, Dad was really strong.”

Evidently, the blonde-haired blue-eyed woman’s tale had vastly exceeded the comprehension of the scar-covered man, and he could only offer his simple impressions. But the blonde-haired blue-eyed woman denied even those simple impressions with a “no.”

“He’s the weakest sword I know.”
I think this statement could also help as support for scaling the EoS main cast to Mutsue.

So if we're talking numbers:

Kokken Sabi / 8 = each of the Shogunate Retainers

Nanami / 3 = The Poison Squad members (and thus Hoo Maniwa)

Mutsue < Shichika

Oh yeah after talking to some people off-site they think the Right Arm = Houou Maniwa stuff is too weak to actually be put on their profiles or used for scaling :v

We do have those other bits at least, so that's nice.

Quick question: What formatting do we want for the weapons from now on? Do we want the names we currently use, i.e. Zetto Kanna, Zanto Namakura, Sento Tsurugi, etc. or the names the official translation uses, i.e. Zetto the Leveler, Zanto the Razor, Sento the Legion, etc.?

And for Ninpo should we use the names we currently use i.e. Ninpō: Kotsuniku Zaiku for Komori's Ninpō, or the official translation, i.e. Maniwa Ninpō: Body Melt?

EDIT: In other news, I've mostly finished my draft of a remake of Komori's profile. I've left the Intelligence section blank since I didn't pick up on any feats when reading, and I didn't remember many of the feats on his current profile. There's also some stuff on his current profile about being able to track/see invisible opponents, and being arrogant/prone to making assumptions that I don't really remember from the source material. Do you know where those came from?

And does the profile seem good otherwise?

Last edited:
I'll see if I can find where I got the justification, and the seeing invisible opponents and tracking came from being a member of the Beast Squad

Oh yeah weapon pages, those aren't too hard to make. I just whipped up one for Zetto Kanna, only missing a summary/picture.

Yeah, I wasn't lying about the other characters getting buffed tho. I just remembered there's a statement that Nanami's genius gobbled up the Shikizaki venom, preventing her from being affected, so that's some wild mind manip/madness manip resistance.

Yeah lmfao.

I'm largely done with Ginkaku Uneri's new profile now. I completely forgot that he resists the Shikizaki venom too. Despite being a swordsman, and despite it driving all of his ancestors mad, it just doesn't affect him.

Also yeah the profile seems good.

(Chokes in 10-A Shichika)
Guess what! No more 10-A Shichika!
What she saw when she arrived in the vicinity of the teahouse was Shichika Yasuri in a relaxed stance, staring at his left hand, freshly drenched in blood, and Meisai Tsuruga lying on her back, clinging to Sento the Legion -- the imprint of a hand forced through her ribcage.
The absolute minimum for breaking a single rib is 375 joules, putting him in 9-C.

That was a fun one, Nanami's page is mostly done. Still need to copy over the basic Kyotoryu abilities and explain more of her copied abilities, but the P&A, AP, Speed, and "Other" notable attacks/techniques are filled out. You can finally see all the ways she's gotten buffed!

Not right now, but I'll ask around and try to get it.

If not, it's really easy to find the unmodified epub for that last volume.

So I haven't really done work on this in about a year, but I just remembered that Akuto the Eel keeping Mt. Shirei from falling apart would probably count as one of those Stabilization Feats, and likely scales to EoS Shichika since he was able to deplete it of its energy. I calculated it, and it'd land somewhere around Low 7-C or 7-C. Tier 7 Katanagatari's still on the table!

RIP

Would possibly High 6-C scaling to Kokken Sabi work?

Back