• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kaneki vs Mercer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been waiting for this. And since my calc is accepted, then hasten to present to you the battle 2 fierce opponents, able to create weapons from his body! Ghoul vs Virus!

• Speed Equalized
  • Versions Low 7-C are used.
  • Post-Drago Kaneki - at their peak. Fighting seriously. Changes to Dragon form in case of critical damage.
  • Alex Mercer - at their peak. Fighting seriously, not playing along. Controls the biomass on the battlefield.
  • Place of battle: the destroyed streets of Tokyo.
Mercer vs Kaneki

Alex Mercer absorbs Ken Kaneki via touch. Either that or Prototype 2 Mercer gasses Kaneki and infects him with the Blacklight Virus, which is a type of disease with a level of infection (able to infect living beings like humans and animals alike, or even capable of infecting inanimate objects such as a street post sign, metal railings or an entire building) that Kaneki has no feats or evidence of resisting.

There's also the fact that with Mercer's Regenerationn as it is now, Ken Kaneki has no way of even defeating Mercer, while Mercer has a variety of ways to defeat Kaneki.

I'm pretty sure this is a stomp like all the other previous Ken Kaneki vs Alex Mercer threads.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Blacklight can infect buildings?
It scales to the Redlight Virus, which has feats of infecting inanimate objects like a street post sign, metal railings, and entire buildings (those infected buildings are called "Hives" in Prototype 1 from what I can recall. Heck, they are even reinforced to be more durable than regular buildings, which proves that Redlight has infected it at its very structures).

Blacklight scales to Redlight via being developed to be superior to it (and Mercer consuming Elizabeth Greene, who is the host of the Redlight Virus).

So yes, Blacklight should be able to infect inanimate objects such as buildings.

DeathNoodles
Alex's Regenerationn was a great help to him when Heller tore off his hands and Mercer fell to his knees. Without "feed", he won't be able to regenerate serious injuries for long. 1 decapitation, severed arms, severed legs, several large holes in the body and Alex will not be so cheerful.

I will note that Kaneki's fighting skills are on top and he will be able to stomp Alex in this regard. One thing the genetic memory training of ordinary soldiers. Another is learning from Arima. Kaneki goes far ahead in this regard. It's the same with controlling your body. From fighting ammunition limit Alex - sword, hands-hammers, claws, shield, whip, armor. Kaneki can shoot from the distance spikes cover the body armor, the range of his attacks above, and it can also bring firmness and elasticity to their kagune. He can do the same thing as Alex, only on a qualitatively different level. The same Saiko, that has much less experience in circulation with kagune is capable create entire mechanisms of them.

At the expense of Kaneki's regenerative factor - it is very good. After the release of the Dragon he can instantly restore limbs. I will note a feat in the last chapters, when it was chewed by the dragon's tentacles. Then the jaws of the monsters squeezed him like a Vice, knocking out all the blood and turning into a squeezed lemon. However, he quickly recovered, right in their mouths.

I also note the potential resistance to poisons and viruses. After the release of Dragon Kanekis body has purchased numerous changes and literally became a living kagune. In his body, a number of new organs appeared, so he was able to ignore the ROS virus, which changed people's bodies, transforming them at the gene level and causing terrible mutations in the ghouls. So, I believe it will give him resistance in Blacklight.

Oh and note that when going into Dragon form though he will become weaker, however, due to size will be able to smear Alex on the pavement in the first seconds, not allowing to heal. Do you want to give an example of a crow and a nuclear explosion? Then the scraps of biomass is unknown how he got to the pier, failed for a long time and good luck swallowed a bird flying past. Even that took time. And here we have a monster 20 km long, capable of withstanding tank shots without visible damage.

1) That Regenerationn "limit" you're speaking of is debunked in this thread. Not only is the scene of Mercer being downed from getting his arms ripped off by Heller is treated as an inconsistent anti-feat that doesn't scale to his true level of Regenerationn at all (although the arm ripping was done multiple times, so even if we assume that this anti-feat still somehow applies, a single loss of both Mercer's arms would not be enough to take him down), but Mercer's Regenerationn scales to the Supreme Hunter (which is a viral being that is designed from Mercer's very own DNA), who was able to regenerate from a puddle of their ow biomass (whereas Mercer not only scales to the Supreme Hunter's feat, but he has to regenerate from far less biomass than the Supreme Hunter under worse circumstances).

This not only means that Mercer doesn't need biomass to regenerate (which also means that Mercer can regenerate even when low on biomass), but he only uses biomass to make the regenerative process quicker. This type of logic for Mercer's Regenerationn was not only accepted in that thread, but the changes was also applied to the profiles of Mercer and the rest of the Blacklight beings (along with the Supreme Hunter as well), where the previously existent limitation of needing biomass to regenerate is now nonexistent. Mercer only needs to consume biomass to heal quicker than usual (and even then, scaling from the Supreme Hunter's feat of being able to reform their hand from a puddle of their own biomass within seconds, that also means Mercer can just reform his entire body within several seconds without needing to consume as well), nothing more than that.

2) The skills Mercer gained from the "ordinary soldiers" are those who was trained to not only deal with terrifying viral outbreaks like the Redlight Virus, but they have been training for 40 years to prepare for the next outbreak after the first. The Blackwatch soldiers literally had 40 years of preparation and training on Mercer, and even they didn't do well against the Blacklight Virus like Mercer. And Mercer was able to consume around thousands of them (and the scientists as well, but there doesn't seem to be as many of them being consumed as the soldiers are), with his militaristic combat and strategy skills stacking up from each soldiers he consumed.

They may be humans (though if we're including the Blackwatch D-Code Super Soldiers as well, they are more than just humans), but the Blackwatch soldiers (especially the more experienced ones) have decades of training, experience, and preparation in their belts. That doesn't sound like your "ordinary" military soldiers to me (Heck, they were even portrayed to handle the infected and other various things better than the US army can in the Prototype 1 Web of Intrigue, where the US army soldiers looks like amateurs in comparison and has to listen to what the Blackwatch soldiers commands of them. If even the US army soldiers has to step aside when Blackwatch soldiers gets involved, especially against the infected, then that's evidence that Blackwatch soldiers are above your ordinary schmucks in competency). If even the Blackwatch soldiers aren't doing well against Mercer, then that speaks volumes of how skilled Mercer can be in combat.

So unless there is explicit evidence that characters like Anima are better than thousands of people, I doubt Anima or Kaneki would have better fighting skills than Mercer. Also, you've forgotten to mention that Mercer has devastators as well and are assuming that Kaneki has the range advantage, which is definitely not the case as the Tendrils from one of Mercer's devastators was able to cover all of Time Square. Either way, fighting skills is irrelevant in this fight when Kaneki either gets absorbed by Mercer or gets infected by the Blacklight Virus.

3) Kaneki's inferior Regenerationn is not going to help him against Mercer, who is going to either consume Kaneki or infect him. Both of these are going to bypass Kaneki's Regenerationn pretty easily.

4) From what I've researched about the ROS virus, it does not have the feats or symptoms that puts it in anywhere near the level of infection of the Blacklight Virus or even the Redlight Virus (both of which could straight up kill their targets with a mortality rate of 99.999%). The ROS virus is about certai amount of cells (Rc cells specifically) going out of control. The Blacklight Virus has feats of easily infecting and reconstructing all the cells in the target's entire body. And that's just one of Blacklight Virus' less insane capabilities. And I doubt resistance to the ROS virus would give Kaneki resistance to diseases that can infect both living and inanimate objects alike, so I find no reasons for why Kaneki should be able to resist it, so he'll either become a mindless infected by Blacklight or he dies from the virus killing him the inside and out (thus, overpowering Kaneki's "Mid over time" Regenerationn). There's also the fact that attempts to develop cures against the Blacklight Virus has failed, which basically makes the Blacklight Virus even more incurable than the ROS virus (which was cured at the end of the series).

5) His attempts to try to squash Mercer through sheer size would either get him absorbed upon making physical contact with Mercer or get infected. And I've already made my points about Mercer's Regenerationn above (where Mercer scales to the Supreme Hunter's feat of reforming from a puddle of their own biomass within seconds), so he'll definitely survive that even if he somehow doesn't get his Absorption or infection out in time (which is unlikely as I'm pretty sure it's within Prototype 2 Mercer's character to use either of these two abilities right at the beginning of a fight. Either way, Kaneki is not getting past Mercer's Mid-High Regenerationn). And from what I can tell in Kaneki's profile, his AP is around baseline Low 7-C. Evolved form Mercer has baseline Low 7-C without further augmentations, so if he amps himself up with the Musclemass boost, he'll get 3x the Low 7-C baseline AP. I doubt Kaneki has much of an AP advantage over Prototype 2 Mercer with the Musclemass amp, but that doesn't matter much when Mercer's hax should be what defeats Kaneki easily.

Tell me why this is not a stomp again?

Alex is strong and versatile enough to take most of the verse at once if not the whole verse.

He can absorb multiple Ghouls at once and grow a lot stronger.

mercer should have supirior AP(due to the fact that he can swap hands with james heller and even overpower him with the same abilities he uses and as can be seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl_8yVtp-T0 time stamps: 1: 50 for the blade, 2:33 for whip fist and 4:40 for hammer fists making mercer supirior to heller(which makes the whole ending how it did reek even more of pis then it did before) and heller is around base line due to him being able to one shot multiple late game evolved with his devastetors making mercer anywhere around 2x above line not ot mention muclemass that deathnoodles brought up)

his versitility is insane

his regen dwarf kens

he can survive far higer levels of damage https://i.gyazo.com/be20195afd823966711346fd742ec7fb.png

his abssorption completely bypasses kens regenaration

he has more combat expirense then ken

so tell me ageing how is this not a flat out stomp in mercers favor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back