• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kai's Range

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, they barely show the chain as is, and there's no other scenes where the chains are close to 500 metres so idk where it being an outlier comes from. In other words, this is the only scene that contradicts the chain being 500 metres (to my knowledge) but there's also no other scenes to support it.

I mean, they barely show the chain as is, and there's no other scenes where the chains are close to 500 metres so idk where it being an outlier comes from. In other words, this is the only scene that contradicts the chain being 500 metres (to my knowledge) but there's also no other scenes to support it.
Should it be non-controversial to just put likely up to Hundreds of Meters? The upgrade is pretty harmless in of itself. I also remembered one of the scenes where Kai threw his Jade blades and pulled it, and it was stopped at the building so it didn't extend further. 85 Meters (Imgur doesn't seem to be working but it's this scene and I pixel calculated it), which while not 500 is definitely leaning more towards Hundreds of Meters since the clip of Po swallowing it doesn't even seem to be above 10.

Should it be non-controversial to just put likely up to Hundreds of Meters? The upgrade is pretty harmless in of itself. I also remembered one of the scenes where Kai threw his Jade blades and pulled it, and it was stopped at the building so it didn't extend further. 85 Meters (Imgur doesn't seem to be working but it's this scene and I pixel calculated it), which while not 500 is definitely leaning more towards Hundreds of Meters since the clip of Po swallowing it doesn't even seem to be above 10.
It's harmful if it's wrong. I don't agree with using the highest possible interpretation of Kai's range if it's contradictory, and I don't think 85 metres is a good supporting feat when the proposed range is 500+. The chain that Po drags Kai around with definitely isn't 500 metres long either.

It's harmful if it's wrong. I don't agree with using the highest possible interpretation of Kai's range if it's contradictory, and I don't think 85 metres is a good supporting feat when the proposed range is 500+. The chain that Po drags Kai around with definitely isn't 500 metres long either.
That's why I proposed likely. There are three interpretations of the chain that I found from his scenes. The problem with the visual is that we see very little of the chain he carries around. But from the opening it's dangling from that long shot of 500 meters. The shot before the supposed anti feat happens also where Kai throws it from a large distance. We see a shot of Kai and you can use the anglizing calculator with 1049 pixel height screen with Kai being 27 pixels and it goes past the screen. In short using 2atan(tan(70/2)*(27/1049) and Kai's height the distance he at least threw it from is 137 Meters. Which is in Hundreds of Meters category. So it's reasonable to assume that Po only bit off part of the chain with the blade on it.

It should be noted that the 85 Meters of Po isn't the actual upper limit. Because the rock stops it from going further. That's why we could propose a likely.

That's why I proposed likely. There are three interpretations of the chain that I found from his scenes. The problem with the visual is that we see very little of the chain he carries around. But from the opening it's dangling from that long shot of 500 meters. The shot before the supposed anti feat happens also where Kai throws it from a large distance. We see a shot of Kai and you can use the anglizing calculator with 1049 pixel height screen with Kai being 27 pixels and it goes past the screen. In short using 2atan(tan(70/2)*(27/1049) and Kai's height the distance he at least threw it from is 137 Meters. Which is in Hundreds of Meters category. So it's reasonable to assume that Po only bit off part of the chain with the blade on it.
I'm not sure how you got 137m but for what it's worth, Kai was moving alongside the blade as he was throwing it. By the time it reached Po, Kai was close.

I think likely or possibly hundreds of metres is a fine compromise.

I'm not sure how you got 137m but for what it's worth, Kai was moving alongside the blade as he was throwing it. By the time it reached Po, Kai was close.

I think likely or possibly hundreds of metres is a fine compromise.
The shot I screenshotted had him staying completely still. It's where he threw, Po saw it coming. And then cut back where Kai is long into the distance (The shot right before Po grabs it).

Should it be good to apply? For the Hundreds of Meters should I link the speed calc or nah?

Likely Hundreds of Meters. Link the speed calc and I'd say something along the lines of "Kai's chain blades have been shown to reach Oogway from this distance, though their range isn't always consistent)"

Likely Hundreds of Meters. Link the speed calc and I'd say something along the lines of "Kai's chain blades have been shown to reach Oogway from this distance, though their range isn't always consistent)"
It has been applied. This can be closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back