• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jose Cruz vs Blackjack

GreyFang82

He/Him
Crying Girls scales to Deep Purple’s power who preforms a 1.8 ton feat consistently.

Blackjack massively upscales from 0.66 ton feat.
  • Both 8-C (Lightning Creation is restricted)
  • Speed is equalized
  • Winner either: Incapacitates the other, kill the other, or convince the other fighter to forfeit.
  • Standard Battle Assumptions otherwise
Note: Crying Girl’s Forgive Me doesn’t work on non humans, so Blackjack is immune to it, and he in-character doesn’t use it against average opponents.
Jose Cruz
Blackjack
Inconclusive

A couple of things.

On the topic of whether or not she would be able to see spiritual beings like stands, thats probably a yes. Her soul magic in particular would require this but even outside of that, spoilers for Project Horizons, right before her original body was completely erased from existence, she physically interacted with the souls of her deceased loved ones such as P-21, Morning Glory, and her mom, who were now free to move on to the afterlife.

As for her massive upscaling, she downscales from Legate, who can casually bust apart Alicorn shields in single strikes, which in turn scale to things that would normally one shot Alicorns themselves physically, who should be superior to the nerdy less physically inclined Littlepip.
As implied Legate did not take these supposed terrors of the wasteland known as Alicorns seriously at all, and even laughed at the Alicorns sent to attack him. Blackjack however was serious business, and she held up far better in physical combat.

Going to comment on Social Influencing because it seems like something Jose is inclined to attempt. Given the intent is to kill, I doubt Jose is going to be able to talk Blackjack out of fighting, especially if it comes later in the fight. One of the main points of Speak as a story early on is how its a character study and a reflection thereof from an outsiders perspective, but in a similar ****** up vein as Neon Genesis Evangelion was a study of mecha pilots. Point is Blackjack is on a whole other league of mentally "not okay". There are therapists with knowledge of Blackjack's entire backstory after she came to the surface, who could see physical manifestations of her emotions, that attempted to treat her, only for the roles to reverse. The only thing I could think of that would give Blackjack pause during a fight was if her opponent was either a child, or significantly attractive.

Blackjack tries to end fights as quickly as possible. Her preferred tactic is to manifest a sword she can use once she overwhelms her opponent with teleports.

Last edited:
I agree that Blackjack can see Crying Girls with no issues what so ever.

The power gap I think is there, but at this point I wouldn’t know the gap, in my mind it’s basically “a thing, but not the most important”

Yes, the social influencing is interesting on Jose’s part. Jose has successfully social influenced a few interesting characters. He has convinced the following:
  • A woman who’s entire family was stripped from her, her memories deleted but the emotional emptiness remained, and her only solace in life for not Killing herself is being a clown that children laugh at. Basically think Thunder McQueen from part 6 via fate and soul hax.
  • A man who’s sole purpose is to kill those that don’t believe or agree with a stand user priest’s vision of life. Once again no memories, not family, and a feeling of emptiness that fuels nearly unending rage, once again a victim of fate and soul hax.
  • And a woman who is a complete nihilist who believes every person should burn for their lies and dishonesty, and that humans should not exist.
But regardless on if she cannot be convinced by him, Blackjack might have a significant advantage and possibly could able to kill Jose with a teleport strike but Jose with Overclocked was able to match and fights his best friend William Bonez when he was mind controlled by the last woman above as “Jevil” who spams teleportation and tries to kill as quickly as possible. So I think it’s far more likely it’s a competitive fight.

A woman who’s entire family was stripped from her, her memories deleted but the emotional emptiness remained, and her only solace in life for not Killing herself is being a clown that children laugh at. Basically think Thunder McQueen from part 6 via fate and soul hax.
This is only one that comes the closest to replicating her but even then, as indicated actually by the very quote I have on her profile at the moment, even the characters who can get even remotely close to her don't always get it right, and to further compound that fact, Thern (Or one of her superiors I honestly forget.) the main character of Speak, Blackjack's current Therapist, and Closest friend (incredibly wacky given everything one could surmise from Thern's profile on the FoE wiki.) was nearly killed by her own emotion based abilities just by being in the presence of Blackjack despite knowing her backstory ahead of time.

Outside of the whole mind games aspect, there are some key things Jose still has going for him. His stamina is pretty notable, and while I credit Blackjack a lot when it comes to being a enduring bullshit champion, evenly matched pro longed fights aren't common in any PH sidestory, let alone to that degree. Also, while she does have the ability to read his mind, or manipulate his soul or memories, she needs physical contact first, and well given how she fights and her own desire for less mental baggage its option I don't at this point in time believe that she would be raring to go for.

He clone body chemistry is also pretty weird given how its essence or clay as it were comes from Discord, just reformed to closely match her "peak biological image". Point being is thats it's more rooted in magic than science, even when you already consider the whole unicorn thing. "Blanks" have noted biological differences compared to the bodies they were made to replicate.

I ah see, yeah that's understandable, I don't think Jose can do it by himself and I don't think she'll stop attacking to get that help. So it will come down to a fight.

Jose should be able to resist the mind reading, and memory manipulation, but the soul manipulation is very much something he doesn't have a defense against, but she would need to make contact with him which since he would have Overclocked up and running and can redirect her with his particle magnetism, making that feat difficult.

Her body chemistry and form in general is interesting, but she is still composed of matter to some degree, so Jose can still use Crying Girls' abilities on her.

Jose will usually go for locking down his opponent with Particle Magnetism, but since that won't work since she can teleport, he would be going for disarming her of her equipment, and likely trying to set her body on fire, which doesn't travel it just appears on the matter he wants it to if it's in range.

But of course setting her body on fire won't kill her anytime soon since her body seems to be more resilient than a normal pony or human would be. His only other options would be using Plasma explosions or energy projections to try and incapacitate her, but her teleportation helps her dodge those attacks with ease since they are projectiles.

The only equipment Blackjack has normally is her pistol. I say normally because she can project swords, bullets, shields, etc.

Concentration is key, similar to Jose, though relevant in this instance, because she will not go down easy. Such as when she telekinetically lifted a meteor in her (stronger) prior form after being bisected, or when she fought an enemy while in a giant underground microwave, or how she was still capable of killing someone while as a blind, horn crushed (magicless), deaf, limbless, cancer ridden, blob like husk.

This isn't to say she'd just ignore how she was on fire at all, it's more a question of how potent can Jose make it by comparison. She also has to consciously choose what she wants teleported with her, when she does the warp, as well as have the energy to take it with her.

Crying Girl’s abilities are on the same potency outside lightning creation. His temperature manipulation abilities (in this context his fire) directly scales to 1.8 tons of tnt since he matches and reverses Deep Purple’s freezing abilities 1 for 1.

She can choose to teleport without the part of her body on fire, which would likely be the outer layer of skin, or hide in this case, which means it’s going to be a drawn out fight since the only sure way to deal damage to her is to constantly set her on fire.

Her concentration would be mired and thus problematic in accomplishing that. To give some basic idea of unicorn magic the act of Telekinesis is the most basic of spells theoretically, though what can be lifted varies depending on concentration, finesse with the spell, and raw magic output. At the other end of that skill tree lies skills like transmutation, or teleportation, where in the subject must undergo lengthy specific training, typically with other users direct magical guidance to even use. Use being the key word, there's a difference between just warping yourself 3 feet and nearly dying of exhaustion (which happened to Blackjack on first try.) and rapidly traversing, or going large distances like Blackjack can. Even though Blackjack is naturally gifted (in part due to her ancestry.) in magic there are aspects of casting more advanced spells she still has consciously to account for.

tl;dr precise teleportation with a constant affliction like that would be hard if not impossible, as she could technically still transport the parts of her that're burning in even the best case scenario.

I see.

Well based on this information, I think this fight is heavily in Jose’s favor, but Blackjack has two wincons but they out of character for her.

1.) Blackjack waits for Jose to start the fight by attacking, and avoiding the attack normally, not giving away she can teleport. She can than bide time to find the perfect time to teleport and kill him by stabbing him.

2.) Blackjack once again tries to feel out Jose, she gets her weapon taken, and doesn’t reveal she can teleport, then when he will eventually try spare her or approach as he’s pinned her with particle magnetism, she teleports and touches him, soul haxing him.

But since she in character spams teleportation Jose will always respond with Overclocked making her teleportation null.

I vote for Jose since he will win the most often when working in character for both since his toolkit can counter her pretty well.

(I think I can vote right? If not ignore the last part)

Clarifying that being on fire or in any pain shouldn't outright null her teleportation, it just worsens her proficiency by quite a bit.

If it wasn't clear we've never seen anyone in FoE or PH teleport while on fire either however, so exactly how that situation would work or play out is unclear.

Back