• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Joker-Mask changes

I guess this is gonna be my thing from now on.

I was in a thread and saw Joker/Mask's page. there's some stuff that's bad about it. I explained in the thread.
why are y'all scaling a one-off version of the Joker/the Mask to stuff from DC? Joker/Mask is from a different continuity where Gotham and the city the Mask comics take place in are both in the same country, and nobody who appears in the comics is as strong as they are in normal canon. they're also super OOC, that comic has Gotham PD trying to kill the Joker-Mask with a tank during one part.

if this other guy is actually small city strength then the Joker-Mask isn't hurting him either. he's not even that strong normally, the only thing he has that does that much damage is a nuke he conjured up with prep and wasn't even gonna set off until it was time for primetime tv to be on. the closest he ever even got to that otherwise was growing the size of a skyscraper while he was being mindcontrolled.

Read the comic here if you don't believe me, it's four issues and you can be done with the whole thing in an hour.
The page being scaled to canon Mask and canon Joker is dumb. Joker/Mask is its own continuity and isn't canon to either character. him having all the powers on both other pages is wrong too, because he doesn't do half of the stuff that the Mask did in the old comics and also does some stuff the original Mask couldn't do like growing to the size of a building.

the page also doesn't fully explain that 'BOB' is a 50 megaton nuke he needs to press a button to make explode, so now people are in threads putting him up against city level characters because he used a nuke once.

If you want new feats for his stats, he takes no damage from getting shot by a tank and then pulls out a gun that oneshots it, and he also takes no damage from the Batplane exploding. other than growing to skyscraper size, those are the best physical feats he has in the whole comic.

Last edited:
That looks like an M1 Abrams

Maybe High 8-C, maybe not

oh. I thought there would be more to it than that. all the other threads like this I read didn't get anywhere until more than one person agreed on changes or new ratings.

I mean there is more to it, but ig I was waiting for what you think, kek
Ah. well he could be High 8-C when he's growing big, since he grows to the size of a skyscraper. he's not that strong normally though, he doesn't have any other feats like that and him having to get that big just to destroy a skyscraper implies he's not strong enough to do it otherwise.
Does he even have any form of reality warping?
other than minor cartoon stuff and pulling new weapons and outfits out every time he's on panel, no. he's actually a lot less wacky than other versions as far as powers go and doesn't do even half of the weird gag stuff he did in the movie or any of the other comics. even his toonforce is shittier.

Nah, other than size manipulation all of his powers seem to be on his page already. He just has dumb scaling that should be fixed and needs a thing saying B.O.B. is a prep time weapon.

Actually never mind, I just looked around and apparently Dimensional Storage is a power here. He has that, he pulls random weapons, items and clothes out of nowhere all the time like always.

Nah, other than size manipulation all of his powers seem to be on his page already. He just has dumb scaling that should be fixed and needs a thing saying B.O.B. is a prep time weapon.

Actually never mind, I just looked around and apparently Dimensional Storage is a power here. He has that, he pulls random weapons, items and clothes out of nowhere all the time like always.
So the Jokertu match seems like a curbstomp at this rate.

I obviously agree about that crossovers should almost always only scale to the feats within themselves, and that the regular versions of the characters in them should not scale from the crossovers.

I think the new ratings could be 9-A scaling off surviving the tank's gun and then shooting the tank with his own weapon. Idk if that scan counts as 'full destruction' to get a High 8-C rating from that feat, but he should be High 8-C when he's grown to skyscraper size anyway.

There's nothing contradicting either rating, so yeah.

I think the new ratings could be 9-A scaling off surviving the tank's gun and then shooting the tank with his own weapon. Idk if that scan counts as 'full destruction' to get a High 8-C rating from that feat, but he should be High 8-C when he's grown to skyscraper size anyway.

There's nothing contradicting either rating, so yeah.
Agreed

9-A is probably fine, but we need an accepted calculation for his kinetic energy at giant size, not guesswork.

If you link to Imgur scans of the feat, I can ask some calc group members to help you out.

9-A is probably fine, but we need an accepted calculation for his kinetic energy at giant size, not guesswork.

I thought i linked it in the OP but apparently the link doesn't work. that's weird. Anyway, this is the scan.
@Migue79 @Damage3245 @Armorchompy @DemonGodMitchAubin

Would any of you be willing to calculate this feat for us please?

DaReaperMan: I have repeatedly told you to cease and desist with your systematic light trolling and derailment in many threads that are supposed to be serious. It is not funny, just obnoxious, and if you do not stop, we will likely need to give you a temporary ban, so you take the instructions seriously.

Thank you for the help. Would one of the rest of you be willing to evaluate it please?

Since the calculation has been accepted, it can be used now. Thank you for helping out.

Meaning, The Mask profile page can now be adjusted with the calculation as a basis.

DaReaperMan: I have repeatedly told you to cease and desist with your systematic light trolling and derailment in many threads that are supposed to be serious. It is not funny, just obnoxious, and if you do not stop, we will likely need to give you a temporary ban, so you take the instructions seriously.
Eh?

This thread is literally about removing the scaling to canon Joker and Mask...
Then it means Joker-Mask has to be re-tiered not just in AP but also in speed as well.

Regarding speed, the speed for Joker-Mask should be regraded as subsonic+ as real life very light jets are moving at 782.000 kph or 217 m/s and a Batplane should be comparable to such.

Last edited:
Back