• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Diavolo addition

This isn't too big of a change, but why doesn't diavolo have any sort of pain resistance?

Diavolo was completely unbothered by his arm getting cut open.

Speaking of that wound, it doesn't show up at all after this scene, is that very minor regeneration or is it just David production not wanting to add his wound in every scene? is it like this in the manga?

To be honest, if we did this, every single character would have pain res.
Depends what you consider enough to qualify. If this is enough then sure, if not, then no, though I don't decide what's enough so can't say.

And it's probably just them not wanting to draw a giant incision every single frame but who knows, given he still had the neck wound from Metallica at the Secco fight as both he and Bruno mention it, I don't think it's regen.

This isn't too big of a change, but why doesn't diavolo have any sort of pain resistance?

Diavolo was completely unbothered by his arm getting cut open.

Speaking of that wound, it doesn't show up at all after this scene, is that very minor regeneration or is it just David production not wanting to add his wound in every scene? is it like this in the manga?

if u send the manga scan, I will agree

Yeah, what is the amount of pain one has to be unbothered by to consider it 'pain resistance' for jojo characters?
D392qRiW0AAp5Iz.jpg

DuXKoD5U0AA_PDv.jpg

tumblr_pm9b9h9GB31tqvsfso2_540.jpg

1vv3iuno5bp21.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, they seriously just don't care about pain at all, but not sure everyone's gonna like every single character having pain resistance, theres probably a cap to how much pain you gotta take before its considered pain resistance in jojo's
I know I know, im just saying that Diavolo does have a pain tolerance feat, which also makes sense, since, a lot of Jojo characters does have it as well, it shouldnt have a problem to apply it to Diavolo, who also has pain tolerance feats

If this works, he should have minor pain resistance, as, when GER blew a hole in his hand he did not seem to resist that pain.

Dio and lads have pain res already at least, they explicitly don't give a **** about pain or feel it.
Well, mostly, Hamon still makes them feel pain and Dio felt pain once but that was due to his ****** up body in Part 3.

If we just want to give notable lads Pain Tolerance I'm fine with it as long as the wiki itself is, goddamn I can list a solid hundred examples and then some, it's less if it exists and more if wiki is ok with it.

Dio and lads have pain res already at least, they explicitly don't give a **** about pain or feel it.
Well, mostly, Hamon still makes them feel pain and Dio felt pain once but that was due to his ****** up body in Part 3.

If we just want to give notable lads Pain Tolerance I'm fine with it as long as the wiki itself is, goddamn I can list a solid hundred examples and then some, it's less if it exists and more if wiki is ok with it.
Doesn't dio have it due to his vampirism? (along with all the other vampire/pillarmen)

But yeah, literally everyone has it, except for like, i'd say a handful of characters.

He does, same with zombies. They simply can't feel conventional pain.

Also this, if we do it, would be Pain Tolerance not Pain Resistance. They still feel pain, like Gyro for example, they can just power through the pain through being chad as ****.

Back