• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
As the title says (Sorry formatting is bad).

Well, I'm just wondering why Jonathan doesn't have a Reactive power level listed as on his abilities.

As Dio states

"Bloody a Joestars Nose and they'll come back stronger"

"The more you beat him the tougher he gets"

Or some other variation of the line (There's like 20+ translations for Phantom Blood lmao).

And as far as I'm concerned this fits the standards for Reactive Power level as all the Saiyans in DB got it (Zenkai boost)

Heck we even have a few feats

As a kid, Dio was stronger than Kid Jonathan as he beats the shit out of him and afterwards, Jonathan has become stronger as he was able to kick Dio's ass after he assaulted Erina.

I'm pretty Jonathan also grew stronger after the first fight at the mansion as he seemed surprised that he could "Even lift this heavy rock!".

Then Tarkus and Blueford fight he was on the same level physically as them until the Tarkus fight where he was about to die before Zeppeli "Deep Pass Overdrive!" all his Hamon. Increasing Jonathans Hamon potency and physical strength.

By the time for the final battle he and Dio we're portrayed as being Equals in strength.

So is this enough to add a Reactive Power level for Jonathan?

Also before anyone asks the only reason I added Joseph and Jotaro was just because there are more popular so I figured this would get more attention.

Since I don't have arguments for them as everyone seems to acknowledge that Jonathan's Hamon is stronger compared to Josephs. And Jonathan is physically stronger than Jotaro so it's fine.

Afaik Joseph and Jotaro scales to this, cause even DIO himself said that the Joestars come back stronger to Enya (or something like that).

Afaik Joseph and Jotaro scale to this, cause even DIO himself said that the Joestars come back stronger to Enya (or something like that

Eh, I don't remember Joseph getting stronger after being beaten unless he got direct training.

And with Jotaro he only grows stronger because he stops holding back less and less as the fight goes on.

But seeing as this wiki is filled with JoJo fans (No offence) and as Phantom Blood and Jonathan fan already know what the fandom thinks of him I doubt Jonathan will get the upgrade unless we give It to the other Joestars.

So oh well as long as Jonathan gets the upgrade I'm fine with the other Joestars getting one too.

Eh, I don't remember Joseph getting stronger after being beaten unless he got direct training.

And with Jotaro he only grows stronger because he stops holding back less and less as the fight goes on.
Part 3 states about the Joestars, which includes Old Joseph and Jotaro.

Both cases where Dio says it about Jonathan, it's a showcase of Jonathan's will to push forward no matter what, be it almost being knocked out as a child or facing an immortal vampire

I'm like, 100% sure this is talking about his willpower
Really I'm pretty sure every time he gets beat he comes back stronger?

But even then does Will power growing stronger not count for Reactive power level?

And if not can we just give Jonathan Supernatural Willpower(Was able to grip a knife with the sharp side and still hold onto Dio after his arms were shattered)

Also, IIRC in Part 3 Jonathans body was holding back Dio's power and sent a signal to all his living descendants and gifted them stands.

And while you could argue that "The leftover Hamon stopped Dio!". I don't think that's the case as Dio used Jonathans stand and Stands are a reflection of the soul manifested through your fighting spirit meaning Jonathan even after Death was still kicking lmao.

At least that's how I see it Imo (I also recall Dio stating he could "feel" Jonathan's soul when talking to Vanilla Ice or the Gun Guy I Forgot his name).

Plus doesn't coming back from the dead to hold back your Step-Brothers power and gifting your descendants stands to fight him off sound like the most Jonathan thing ever.

But yeah sorry for derailing but can we at least have him listed for Supernatural Willpower if we can't to Reactive Power Level?

The AP thread disagrees with you
Yeah, they agree with the Jotaro vs Jonathan thing.

But not Jonathans Hamon being stronger than Josephs. and I think they may have a point and It kinda makes sad to think Jonathans that weak.

Yet I still refuse to give up and I'm looking for statements or feats to prove than Joseph is weaker lmao

Oh, I absolutely agree that Jonathan probably has Supernatural Willpower, that's pretty much the Joestar bloodlone's whole thing

Really I'm pretty sure every time he gets beat he comes back stronger?

But even then does Will power growing stronger not count for Reactive power level?
Reactive Power Level is the ability to rapidly increase one's overall strength or other physical capabilities by engaging in combat, becoming more and more capable over the course of a fight.

Jonathan isn't getting stronger during his battles with Dio. AP thread explains it.

Yeah, Supernatural Willpower is part of the requirements for being a Stand User (at least from the arrow, anyways)

Reactive Power Level is the ability to rapidly increase one's overall strength or other physical capabilities by engaging in combat, becoming more and more capable over the course of a fight.

Jonathan isn't getting stronger during his battles with Dio. AP thread explains it.
Wait really?

I thought it applied to both lmao since I saw on the DB charcaters zenkai boost (Getting stronger after eing beaten up) also applied lol.

It's a metaphor, not literal. Dio is saying Jonathan has the will, he won't give up, you knock him down and he'd just get back up but with even more determination, and that's exactly what happened. He didn't literally get stronger (well, he does, but not the way you're implying, he got stronger via training or other means).

As a kid, Dio was stronger than Kid Jonathan as he beats the shit out of him and afterwards, Jonathan has become stronger as he was able to kick Dio's ass after he assaulted Erina.

Out of context, Dio beat Jonathan by being a dirty fighter and gouging his eye and then proceeding to pummel him. Second time around Jonathan was ******* pissed as shit and just curbed Dio. He didn't get stronger, he was just pissed as ****.

I'm pretty Jonathan also grew stronger after the first fight at the mansion as he seemed surprised that he could "Even lift this heavy rock!".
Out of context. Jonathan is surprised he could lift that rock, because his arm was shattered from the mansion fire, Will healed his arm and Jonathan picked up the rock and was like "wow I can lift this", not because he got stronger, but because a magic wizard man healed his arm to the point he can use it normally again. That's made abundantly clear.

Then Tarkus and Blueford fight he was on the same level physically as them until the Tarkus fight where he was about to die before Zeppeli "Deep Pass Overdrive!" all his Hamon. Increasing Jonathans Hamon potency and physical strength.

That isn't because of Reactive Power level, that's because Will gave Jonathan his life energy as his final dying task, which increased Jonathan's skill, power, durability and more to a ludicrous degree, Speedwagon even drops an exposition saying "wow their life energies are working in tandem, he's so much stronger and skilled now wow!", which allowed him to stomp Tarkus with little issue while previously he was getting overwhelmed and was outmatched. That isnt a feat for Jonathan, that's how the technique Will used works.
By the time for the final battle he and Dio we're portrayed as being Equals in strength.
They were equals in strength at the end while previously they weren't. But again, that was because of Deep Pass, not reactive power level, if Jonathan didnt get Deep Pass, he wouldnt of gotten any stronger between the few hour gap of Tarkus and Dio.

Nothing you gave is reactive power level, half are out of context and the other half is a feat on Will's end that amped Jonathan.

But...
Jonathan could have accelerated development though of the training variety, especially given how he began encroaching on Will who had decades of training despite he himself only training for two weeks, he also very well should have supernatural will, the ****** went from Jack, Bruford, Tarkus and Dio within a day and only collapsed after all was said and done.

DIO's statement isn't literal, it just means a Joestar never gives up and will keep coming back, there aren't even really any explicit feats for this, all the examples in the OP are just him growing into an adult/training/being given power.

Regardless, I'll go through them one by one as most are out of context.
This isn't reactive power level... Like, at all.
Context is important, Jonathan is surprised he can lift the rock because his arm was broken moments prior and he had no idea what Hamon was.
Again... Not reactive power level, Zeppeli gave all his power to Jonathan, what does that have to do with Jonathan having reactive power level?
After Zeppeli gave Jonathan all his life force and greatly boosted his stats as well as Jonathan becoming more experienced with Hamon through his battles, literally nothing to do with reactive power level.

Ninja'd by Chariot.

But...
Jonathan could have accelerated development though of the training variety, especially given how he began encroaching on Will who ha decades of training, he also very well should have supernatural will, the ****** went from Jack, Bruford, Tarkus and Dio within a day and only collapsed after all was said and done.
Full agreement this time.

Jonathan could have accelerated development though of the training variety, especially given how he began encroaching on Will who had decades of training despite he himself only training for two weeks, he also very well should have supernatural will, the ****** went from Jack, Bruford, Tarkus and Dio within a day and only collapsed after all was said and done.
Well I'm fine with anyting making Jonathan look better makes me happy lmao.

Thanks for the explanation everyone have a Good Day!

Back