• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
The first 1v1 matchup for Johnny Wrestling on this wiki, and his opponent is no pushover, I can tell you that much!

Johnny Gargano vs Licorne (this is also the first matchup between WWE and Danganronpa, a rivalry that's been brewing for quite a bit, so let's see which verse gets the first laugh)

Licorne will be 9-B.

Speed will be equalized.

Fight takes place in an empty wrestling arena.

Johnny Wrestling: 2 (Pikaman, Bruhtelho)

Licorne:

Inconclusive:

c712ed57ae20188435e2a1d5899c3fbe95b93bd5r1-720-1280v2_hq.jpg
crop.php

Last edited:
To start things off simply, Gargano's fighting style revolves around mixing British Chain Wrestling, Lucha Libre, and Puroresu to a wrestling style he likes to call "Lucharesu."

This makes him a very versatile and unpredictable wrestler, as he can quickly switch up his wrestling style in an instant.

You'd think Licorne is a girl with this photo lol.
I ain't saying ANYTHING with that age

so Johnny via Skill + AP? Licorne isn't unskilled since he can match several assassin's including the Ultimate Rockclimber and has an insane level of intelligence on his side but he's not as skilled as Johnny who's been fighting for 17 years which a lot of time and well Licorne would only need one hit on Johnny with his tie to put him down it's unlikely to happen since he's got that Instinctive Reaction to help him and could just beat Licorne down with LS and AP, one good headlock is gonna be a pain to deal with alongside that moveset

I ain't saying ANYTHING with that age

so Johnny via Skill + AP? Licorne isn't unskilled since he can match several assassin's including the Ultimate Rockclimber and has an insane level of intelligence on his side but he's not as skilled as Johnny who's been fighting for 17 years which a lot of time and well Licorne would only need one hit on Johnny with his tie to put him down it's unlikely to happen since he's got that Instinctive Reaction to help him and could just beat Licorne down by LS and AP, one good headlock is gonna be a pain to deal with with his moveset
I literally forgot that Johnny has a moveset lol.

Also, iirc, isn't Licorne like 3-something MJ? He would have a slight AP then, but that gets negated due to Gargano's One Final Beat.

But yeah. Johnny seems to take this via Skill, Instinctive Reactions, and Versatility.

I literally forgot that Johnny has a moveset lol.

Also, iirc, isn't Licorne like 3-something MJ? He would have a slight AP then, but that gets negated due to Gargano's One Final Beat.

But yeah. Johnny seems to take this via Skill, Instinctive Reactions, and Versatility.
Licorne doesn't scale to the 3 MJ, that's V3 characters, Danganronpa 1 and 2 scale to Kazuichi tanking one of Nagito's bombs which was 1.8 MJ.

only thing Licorne really has going for him is his one-hit Poison tie which would have to connect with Johnny which is an issue on its own for him and trying to get through the AP and Skill difference.

Don't see how IR is going to help him against Licorne wrapping a tie around his arm?
it'll help him counter attack Licorne via kicks + dodge attacks far better alongside that skill advantage that Johnny has is already gonna be an issue for Licorne, he only needs one hit but getting said one hit is gonna be a pain in the ass to achieve.

Licorne only needs one-hit so counter attacking him wouldn't really change much
one hit that's gonna require him to be up close to Johnny to successfully do but with Johnny having a Skill and decent AP advantage being in CQC is gonna hurt him more since Johnny could just dodge one attack and go into One Final Beat which K.O's characters instantly .

one hit that's gonna require him to be up close to Johnny to successfully do but with Johnny having a Skill and decent AP advantage being in CQC is gonna hurt him more since Johnny could just dodge one attack and go into One Final Beat which K.O's characters instantly .
If Gargano were to hit his finisher off the bat (which isn't an uncommon thing to do in the verse), then I don't think it would finish Licorne off, but I 100% guarantee it will weaken him severely, especially with AP gap he has.

Matter of fact, One Final Beat might actually finish things off, considering Gargano has a 2x AP advantage, and finishers can even weaken people who are far superior to other wrestlers. Take AJ Styles vs James Ellsworth as a prime example.

Licorne upscales over the 1.8 megajoules btw (He casually snapped Night Flyer[Who's 1.8 megajoules]'s bones and kept up with Tsurugi who was described as someone that can eliminate anyone with one finger)

pretty sure that's just Enhanced Awareness: All senses are attuned to nearby activity
Normally I’d agree but there’s the “sixth sense” statement attached which makes me think that it’s a proper ability and not just a combination of really good hearing and spacial awareness
If Gargano were to hit his finisher off the bat (which isn't an uncommon thing to do in the verse)
Inflating it a bit much lol. It happens occasionally, but it’s like a 1 in 1,000 situation at best

As for the tie, it sure exists as an option but it’s a singular win-condition that requires victories in areas Licorne falls behind in on paper, really the fact it’s unconventional weaponry and only one hit is needed is where it’s ability to get one over on Gargano kinda stops. I acknowledge it’s a great tool but is it really happening more often than Gargano just getting a clean CQC based victory? I’m struggling to imagine it, especially given the One Final Beat is only mildly less devastating to Licorne, and a more achievable win-con, since it’s a CQC win-condition from the character that actually holds the CQC advantage

Inflating it a bit much lol. It happens occasionally, but it’s like a 1 in 1,000 situation at best
I would show you some examples of wrestlers using their finishers relatively early on in their matches, but I'm pretty lazy right now.

I would show you some examples of wrestlers using their finishers relatively early on in their matches, but I'm pretty lazy right now.
Random, I support the verse too y’know...

I know well plenty of examples of finishers being whipped out first time, I’m just saying in the thousands if not hundreds of thousands of matches across all of WWE, it’s a rare occurrence. A small handful of examples don’t change that

I mean i'm more leaning towards it being kind of stompish, Licorne's win-con requires him get up-close which is gonna put Johnny into an advantageous position thanks to the Skill in CQC, an AP/Dura advantage (Licorne does up-scale but a 2x advantage is still an advantage), LS allowing for Choke slams and all sorts of stuff, One Final Beat being a far more achievable win-con then the poison cause of the skill difference.

Licorne one thing is the poison tie being an instant Incap and intelligence (but it probably won't play much cause he's better at using it for investigations) but its so incredibly unlikely cause of all of Johnny's advantages.

Back