• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JJK Gojo and Sukuna revisions

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
Gojo and Sukuna's fight ended almost a year ago and I feel like we have enough content to revise their profiles.

Gojo:

For Gojo I want to merge both of his Hidden Inventory keys into one, the reason being that they last only a few chapters each and they have no business being split, Gojo went from using Blue to using Blue, Red, Purple and RCT. While this is some good abilities, he only went on to dodge a few of Toji's attacks and didn't exchange a punch with him. It will also make his profile better for reading.

The first key for Gojo would be like this:
As for the ratings: Red scales to 8-A for damaging Toji, Purple gets a "far higher" for being far higher than Red. Gojo doesn't really have any physical feats, and the only relevant thing is what @Sir_Marvulous wrote for his durability, which then would scale Gojo to 8-A as well. Need more discussion about this.

The second key

Present Day

Attack Potency:
TBD with Cursed Technique Reversal: Red (Disfigured Sukuna's face and broke the shrine inside his Sukuna's Domain.[1] Even when using Domain Amplification to minimize the damage from a low-output Red, Sukuna was harmed[2] and took even greater damage when struck by a Red from behind.[2] Red could have one-shot Mahoraga before he adapted to it[3][4]), TBD with Hollow Purple (When amplified by chants, destroyed a large part of the Shinjuku district and grievously injured Sukuna, obliterating his left hand and damaging his entire body along with annihilating Mahoraga and the eight-handled wheel[5] which not even Sukuna's Divine Flame was capable of.[6] At 200% output, Purple tore through just under four kilometers of Shinjuku and blew off Sukuna's arms[7][3]), TBD with chants and signs (Performing a technique's chants and hand signs amplifies its Cursed Energy Output)

Durability: TBD (Despite being rarely hit by anything throughout the series due to Infinity, Gojo has shown to have exceptional durability, as he is the only person to have withstood the onslaught of Cleave and Dismantle in Malevolent Shrine with surface level cuts.[1] In constrast, people along with entire city blocks have been reduced to dust by its slashes[6] and Special Grade Curses have been completely dismembered[8] by not only the slashes in Malevolent Shrine but also casual Dismantles[9][10])

Striking Strength: TBD (Unlike other sorcerers, Gojo enhances his physical attacks with not only Cursed Energy, but also his Cursed Technique Lapse: Blue,[11] making his simplest jabs hit like critical strikes that would be difficult to land for even Nanami, one of the strongest hitters in all of Grade 1, to pull off.[11] His Blue-enhanced fists can brutalize Jogo while still holding back to gather information from him and can make both Yuta Okkotsu and Kinji Hakari vomit when hit while sparring.[11] Even without Blue, he can send Sukuna[12] flying backwards[3] even while he's enhanced by his domain.[1] Completely dominated Sukuna in a hand-to-hand fight,[13] trashing him around Shinjuku and going even further to single-handedly deal with both Sukuna and Mahoraga simultaneously.[5] Easily overwhelmed Mahoraga with regular punches[4] and one-shot Agito[14]), TBD with Black Flash (Knocked Sukuna out,[2] forcing him to heal in the subsequential moments of their fight)

A few things: I decided that Gojo should have his AP and SS split in two because of how much you can elaborate for each section and how both works differently. It also helps the profile look clean. For the SS rating, Gojo should scale to his earthquake calc and I believe his Blue-enhaced fists should scale to this, the earthquake was felt only a few seconds after Gojo was sealed and this was likely him one shotting the Curses Kenjaku left to protect the seal. And I don't really believe that Gojo used any of his Limitless techniques like Red or Purple for that given how he went to attack Kenjaku. The calc yields 514.24 kilotons, his SS scales to that. Red has twice of Blue's potency, so Red scales to 1028.48 kilotons, Small City level. Purple could be Red + Blue's potency, but it's obviously much higher than that.

With ratings:

Attack Potency: Small City level with Cursed Technique Reversal: Red (Disfigured Sukuna's face and broke the shrine inside Sukuna's Domain.[1] Even when using Domain Amplification to minimize the damage from a low-output Red, Sukuna was harmed[2] and took even greater damage when struck by a Red from behind.[2] Red could have one-shot Mahoraga before he adapted to it[3][4]), far higher with Hollow Purple (When amplified by chants, destroyed a large part of the Shinjuku district and grievously injured Sukuna, obliterating his left hand and damaging his entire body along with annihilating Mahoraga and the eight-handled wheel[5] which not even Sukuna's Divine Flame was capable of.[6] At 200% output, Purple tore through just under four kilometers of Shinjuku and blew off Sukuna's arms[7][3]), even higher with chants and signs (Performing a technique's chants and hand signs amplifies its Cursed Energy Output)

Durability: Large Town level (Despite being rarely hit by anything throughout the series due to Infinity, Gojo has shown to have exceptional durability, as he is the only person to have withstood the onslaught of Cleave and Dismantle in Malevolent Shrine with surface level cuts.[1] In constast, people along with entire city blocks have been reduced to dust by its slashes[6] and Special Grade Curses have been completely dismembered[8] by not only the slashes in Malevolent Shrine but also casual Dismantles[9][10])

Striking Strength: Large Town level (Unlike other sorcerers, Gojo enhances his physical attacks with not only Cursed Energy, but also his Cursed Technique Lapse: Blue,[11] making his simplest jabs hit like critical strikes that would be difficult to land for even Nanami, one of the strongest hitters in all of Grade 1, to pull off.[11] His Blue-enhanced fists can brutalize Jogo while still holding back to gather information from him and can make both Yuta Okkotsu and Kinji Hakari vomit when hit while sparring.[11] Even without Blue, he can send Sukuna[12] flying backwards[3] even while he's enhanced by his domain.[1] Completely dominated Sukuna in a hand-to-hand fight,[13] trashing him around Shinjuku and going even further to single-handedly deal with both Sukuna and Mahoraga simultaneously.[5] Easily overwhelmed Mahoraga with regular punches[4] and one-shot Agito[14]), far higher with Black Flash (Knocked Sukuna out,[2] forcing him to heal in the subsequential moments of their fight)

Sukuna:
1-3 Fingers

Attack Potency:
TBD with Shrine (Easily sliced Mahito's chest), TBD with Malevolent Shrine (Killed the Finger Bearer slicing him into several pieces)

Striking Strength: At least City Block level+ (Effortlessly defeated[8] Finger Bearer, a Special Grade Cursed Spirit created by the energy of his own finger, a stronger Finger Beaerer is capable of busting most part of a cave)

Durability: At least City Block level+
Easy key I guess I don't eve think there's much discussion here.
16 Fingers

Attack Potency:
TBD with Shrine (Dismantle can severely damage Mahoraga[20] and Cleave can slash through it[20]. Can slice off Jogo's arm and head, and also cause deep cuts on Yuji Itadori even with less than 10% of his Cursed Energy Output. Damaged Ryu Ishigori and killed him with Cleave), TBD with Malevolent Shrine (Pulverized a radius of 170m in the center of Shibuya and severely damaged Mahoraga, only surviving due to its adaptation[6]), TBD with Flames (Created a massive fire ball and completely vaporized Mahoraga)

Striking Strength: At least TBD (Completely dominates Jogo on a fight, destroying his jaw and punching him around. Even when his Cursed Energy Output was fluctuating from 100% to even below 10%, he could fight both Culling Game Yuji Itadori and Awakened Maki, where a mere punch from him makes Yuji vomit blood and launch him through multiple buildings[35])

Durability: At least TBD
I believe we should merge the Itadori and Megumi body keys, stats wise they're the same. Skills and abilities obviously change but that's something for the P&A section. As for 16F Sukuna's SS, we agreed on this thread that his physicals were nerfed, so the minimum we can work with this would be making 10% = 114.36 tons, so his 100% would be 1143.6 tons, or Small Town level. His Durability should be the same. Discussion is needed for Shrine.
Full Power (Megumi's Body)

Attack Potency:
TBD with Shrine

Striking Strength: TBD

Durability: TBD
I want some imput as to how word his stats for his fight against Gojo because when I tried I only saw Gojo beating his ass so it's really hard to write anything here. And I'm biased, I don't my bias affect Sukuna's profile. He should have the same SS rating as Gojo, dura as well. Shrine and MS is a bit hard though. Also need to know what's the consensus for the flames' name. Not touching True Form Sukuna for now.

Last edited:
I want some imput as to how word his stats for his fight against Gojo because when I tried I only saw Gojo beating his ass so it's really hard to write anything here. And I'm biased, I don't my bias affect Sukuna's profile. He should have the same SS rating as Gojo, dura as well. Shrine and MS is a bit hard though. Also need to know what's the consensus for the flames' name. Not touching True Form Sukuna for now.
Should mention his ce increase and thats it really. Ms should have several highers since his domain shrinking amps it and so do chants

Gojo should be Large Town level+ in durability for tanking MS. His earthquake feat's yield is really close to the arithmetic mean of the tier

Gojo should be Large Town level+ in durability for tanking MS. His earthquake feat's yield is really close to the arithmetic mean of the tier
He doesn’t tank it though, its explicitly stated he put rct full throttle to hold it back and was still being torn up by it, the first panel he’s got blood pouring out of him

I want some imput as to how word his stats for his fight against Gojo because when I tried I only saw Gojo beating his ass so it's really hard to write anything here. And I'm biased, I don't my bias affect Sukuna's profile. He should have the same SS rating as Gojo, dura as well.
(Although portrayed at times as slightly inferior, Sukuna was able to clash with Gojo Satoru physically)

or

(Regularly clashed with Gojo Satoru physically during their fight)

He doesn’t tank it though, its explicitly stated he put rct full throttle to hold it back and was still being torn up by it, the first panel he’s got blood pouring out of him
He stops healing near the end yet he's still only getting paper cuts from it. Remember, Cleave adjusts to an opponent's durability, and filleted Ryu's skull even though he's tanky enough to survive a normal slash from 16F Sukuna. The 20F MS version of the slashes more or less dealt surface level damage to Gojo

He kinda does tank it tho.
One slash or two he's tanking. But the wounds get worse given how many are instantly spawning on Gojo. You can see that even his eye isn't sliced into two despite being hit by the slash.
The individual (one or two slash) cuts aren't all that. But thousands? That's when things get worse.

He also eventually drops healing himself and focuses extremely on trying to destroy part of his brain whilst taking on the slashes, and restore the destroyed part of his brain, despite the high level of multi-tasking being split between fighting, CE reinforcement, destroying part of the brain and healing it with rct. And Sukuna thinks him using rct whilst fighting should normally be affecting his stats (or well, movement)

I think there are some problems with scaling Sukuna tho.
In chapter 228, we see Sukuna having a hole in his stomach. Similarly we see this happen again in chapter 229, looking very same, which might imply that in chapter 228 his punch did this to Sukuna, just like it did in chapter 229
And this is despite two of them having Domain Buff from their DE.
Not sure what to make of that. Inconsistency in scaling OR Gojo putting his all into punching at specific moments?

Just like how sorcerers can sometimes put their all into one specific action, like with defending (Todo against Mahito. Yuta against Ryu) or doing a big swing of a punch (Ryu punching Rika out)
It's basically flowing more of your CE reinforcement into some specific parts rather than the usual CE reinforcement on all of the body.
But either way. I'm not sure how else to make sense of that. (I'd argue gojo holding back in his fight but this wouldn't flow here, so I think either of these two options above I presented could work out more reasonably imo. Inconsistency or specific moments where you focus more of your reinforcement on X part of your body)

Thoughts?

he doesn't "tank" them in the traditional sense but he was also cut thousands of times in a short amount of time with seemingly just non-fatal cuts, if they went through his head or stomach he would have been killed without a means to RCT, so either his RCT speed is absurd or the cuts weren't fully going through.

Although he does stop healing to recover his CT for a bit, which might mean he didn't think not using RCT for a few seconds despite being in a barrage of cuts would kill him (or he was just that desperate that he was willing to gamble his life on that play.)

he does get cut in the face by Sukuna at one point in the domain and the cuts are shallow so it's probably that.

In chapter 228, we see Sukuna having a hole in his stomach. Similarly we see this happen again in chapter 229, looking very same, which might imply that in chapter 228 his punch did this to Sukuna, just like it did in chapter 229
Not sure what to make of that. Inconsistency in scaling OR Gojo putting his all into punching at specific moments?

Just like how sorcerers can sometimes put their all into one specific action, like with defending (Todo against Mahito. Yuta against Ryu) or doing a big swing of a punch (Ryu punching Rika out)
It's basically flowing more of your CE reinforcement into some specific parts rather than the usual CE reinforcement on all of the body.
But either way. I'm not sure how else to make sense of that. (I'd argue gojo holding back in his fight but this wouldn't flow here, so I think either of these two options above I presented could work out more reasonably imo. Inconsistency or specific moments where you focus more of your reinforcement on X part of your body)

Thoughts?
Told you this shit is hard lol, dude got his ass whooped so badly that we're now trying to figure out a way to scale him

Although he does stop healing to recover his CT for a bit, he didn't think not using RCT for a few seconds despite being in a barrage of cuts would kill him(or he was just that desperate)
Nah. He would generally remain fine. (If not. Then falling blossom emotion is something he could use) Sorcerers have a great amount of endurance in general. Like with Nanami (before his death) or Yuji just powering through.
We see Sukuna even forcefully make his heart work through CE, which implies CE kinda just makes you more capable of surviving normally fatal wounds and even move better than most through these wounds ig?
Kinda like how gojo doesn't after having his arm cut in chapter 234, despite his RCT being trash af (couldn't heal piercing water in 1 chapter or two).
(Another instance is with Toji stabbing through Gojo's stomach. Blood doesn't seem to flow out afterwards and he's just chilling)

He kinda does tank it tho.
One slash or two he's tanking. But the wounds get worse given how many are instantly spawning on Gojo. You can see that even his eye isn't sliced into two despite being hit by the slash.
The individual (one or two slash) cuts aren't all that. But thousands? That's when things get worse.

He also eventually drops healing himself and focuses extremely on trying to destroy part of his brain whilst taking on the slashes, and restore the destroyed part of his brain, despite the high level of multi-tasking being split between fighting, CE reinforcement, destroying part of the brain and healing it with rct. And Sukuna thinks him using rct whilst fighting should normally be affecting his stats (or well, movement)
The first time he got cut was his neck and it seems to have cut right through it.

Told you this shit is hard lol, dude got his ass whooped so badly that we're now trying to figure out a way to scale him
Yeah I agree with you 😭
But what do you think of the options I presented? Doubt the gojo holding back reasoning (I could present some scans and give my reasoning but that's harder than normal here so we moving past that one)would work.

So
1. inconsistency and

2.sorcerers putting more of their output on X body part. (Could be enhancing their Dura more than normal to withstand attacks better. Or to have better time reacting to something by reinforcing their senses more than normal. Or the same logic with punching)

Nah. He would generally remain fine. (If not. Then falling blossom emotion is something he could use)
you can't move with Falling Blossom Emotion iirc so that probably wasn't on the table during the first domain clash considering he was desperately scrambling for a way out of this situation without his CT. So he was probably banking on his own raw durability and endurance holding out for a bit.

The first time he got cut was his neck and it seems to have cut right through it.
Eh, looks more like healing to me making it look like that. Though even if we think it cut right through it, his later showings of feats seems to kinda contradict it.
But I think the reason might be because he suffered a random burst of nerf. As we know, CT burnout nerf does nerf your CE control. So him having his CE control suddenly slip might have made it drop lower than what the nerf caps his CE control at momentarily. Especially given how the scene portrays that slash as gojo seeming to have been caught off guard to lose that domain battle just like that.

The way I see it, even if Gojo and Sukuna are roughly equal in terms of their punches reinforced with CE. Gojo would have the edge over Sukuna because he can apply Cursed Technique Lapse to increase the power of his punches which would allow him to get critical strikes in whenever he got an unguarded hit on Sukuna.

Last edited:

Thoughts?
pretty sure that's exactly what it is,

Sukuna on average has no issues blocking Gojo's hits.

However, you can fluctuate your output to reinforce certain parts of your body to be far more durable or increase the AP of certain limbs if needed.

Most sorcerers implement good CE Control to be able to do this effectively without being noticed (except Yuta who has too much CE for it to matter most of the time.)

I think this is less of an inconsistency or AP thing.

If anything it shows how much better Gojo is at H2H that he could catch Sukuna lacking with heavy hits twice, or that Sukuna was way too focused on buying time for Mahoraga to adapt to UV, or both.

you can't move with Falling Blossom Emotion iirc so that probably wasn't on the table during the first domain clash considering he was desperately scrambling for a way out of this situation without his CT. So he was probably banking on his own raw durability and endurance holding out for a bit.
He kinda does move when he had jumped back after the second domain clash, where he had used falling blossom whilst moving to further weaken the slashes.

Hmm, for Sukuna's stats I'd argue we could give him an at most rating for durability/AP/SS and that is Small City level. Seeing as he's able to survive red and keep it all pushing, especially as he took one straight to the face and a surprise to his back without being put out of commission

Hmm, for Sukuna's stats I'd argue we could give him an at most rating for durability/AP/SS and that is Small City level. Seeing as he's able to survive red and keep it all pushing, especially as he took one straight to the face and a surprise to his back without being put out of commission
The one to his face was when he was amplified by his domain, and the second one had an already low output that was further weakened by being dispersed and trailing through Sukuna's DA

He kinda does move when he had jumped back after the second domain clash, where he had used falling blossom whilst moving to further weaken the slashes.
This seems less like he jumped and more like the force of the cuts pushed him back.

If anything it looks more like the cuts forced him back, then he activated Falling Blossom Emotions.

not that he activated it and then jumped.

plus you see in the panel where he got pushed away by the cuts vs the panel we see Falling Blossom Emotion that the cuts are bouncing off of him rather than the initial panel where he's just getting cut.

Sukuna with his stats boost in Malevolent Shrine had his face mangled by Red and being able to keep on pushing from injuries is an endurance thing rather than necessarily scaling for durability, Red's AP right now isn't so much higher than Sukuna's current durability on his profile that it'd be turning him to paste (and thus would've required us to scale his dura higher in that scenario)

The one to his face was when he was amplified by his domain, and the second one had an already low output that was further weakened by being dispersed and trailing through Sukuna's DA
True, however Sukuna throughout his fight with Gojo none of Gojo's blue enhanced punches appear to do any significant damage. Throughout the fight, all of the significant moments of damage either come from Red, Black Flash, Sukuna unable to defend, or Hollow Purple. Gojo's normal blue enhanced strikes appear to hurt but not particularly special.

And Sukuna gets hit with Red 3 times, the first is in his domain, the second he uses rubble, the third however he is surprised and hit from behind. All three deal noticeable damage, but Sukuna still survives and appears to suffer no real drop in power from any of these strikes. And since both Gojo and Sukuna remain relative throughout their entire fight, i feel like an at most rating for his stats is warrented. Gojo's raw physicals sit at Large Town+, Blue is higher than that and Red is two times blue. I feel like we're shown enough to demonstrate that Sukuna and Gojo should have the durability at least that puts them in that Small City range

Eh, I feel like that's already covered by their durability being half of Red's AP, it's not like a powergap of that level is going to result in someone absolutely reeling from the damage, and as you said they don't really tank the Large Town level blows unharmed either.

This seems less like he jumped and more like the force of the cuts pushed him back.

If anything it looks more like the cuts forced him back, then he activated Falling Blossom Emotions.
Yes so he's moving, is he not? Naobito's got disrupted by moving but not gojo.
Additionally, he seems to have kept it up when he went to repair his burnt out CT. Idk what else happened after the screen cut off from that. But I doubt Sukuna would just stand there and do nothing. So gojo might have been forced to move. Imo that seems to imply he can move with falling blossom.

And Sukuna gets hit with Red 3 times, the first is in his domain, the second he uses rubble, the third however he is surprised and hit from behind.
The third one appears to have travelled around quite the distance. So while it is impressive, but it's not like he took one from close range directly.
HP for example weakens the further it travels. I'm pretty sure red is of no exception either the further it has to travel.

By the way. Just to check. We're aware that DA also strengthens your CE output right? It's not just causing some type of shield that weakens CT when coming into contact, but it also strengthens your CE output.
We see Kusakabe's Simple Domain also achieve the same thing in increasing CE output.
So it's a Stat boost and a Domain that weakens CT attacks upon coming into contact with one. (Domain Amplification)

The way I see it, even if Gojo and Sukuna are roughly equal in terms of their punches reinforced with CE. Gojo would have the edge over Sukuna because he can apply Cursed Technique Lapse to increase the power of his punches which would allow him to get critical strikes in whenever he got an unguarded hit on Sukuna.
Are you saying blue can sometimes randomly have a blue punch buffed up when punching? 🤔 Not sure if I understood you correctly.

Yes so he's moving, is he not? Naobito's got disrupted by moving but not gojo.
From what I can tell Gojo didn't use Falling Blossom right away when he initially got hit here

after UV gets crushed he gets sent fly back by the cuts

then Gojo offscreen activates Falling Blossom because the cuts are still endlessly coming down onto him.

This is why we see here, that the cuts are now bouncing off of him somewhat when they weren't before, with Sukuna and Kusakabe only reacting to the technique and the shallow cuts after Gojo is in the Falling Blossom stance that Naobito was in.

It also makes more sense considering Kusakabe doesn't take any note of Gojo's Falling Blossom being particularly different from the norm which he does for pm every other rule-shattering ability Gojo does in the fight.
Additionally, he seems to have kept it up when he went to repair his burnt out CT.
nothing really suggests that tbh
But I doubt Sukuna would just stand there and do nothing.
I mean for the most part during the domain section of the fight he's been stalling for Mahoraga anyway, after the first domain didn't kill Gojo I doubt he was trying to force a win with MS as aggressively, Gojo even notes at one point during the domain section that Sukuna was being pretty passive as times.
So gojo might have been forced to move. Imo that seems to imply he can move with falling blossom.
disagree but it is what it is.

We know CT Lapse can vary it's output within certain limits based off of Kenjaku, Gojo can probably do the same with Blue
Well do these limits even apply here at all tho? Idk how he'd hold back his blue punch output there in a way.
From what I can tell Gojo didn't use Falling Blossom right away when he initially got hit here

after UV gets crushed he gets sent fly back by the cuts
If you look at his arm. The right arm. He seems to be initiating falling blossom emotion there.

This is why we see here, that the cuts are now bouncing off of him somewhat when they weren't before, with Sukuna and Kusakabe only reacting to the technique and the shallow cuts after Gojo is in the Falling Blossom stance that Naobito was in.
He turned to look at gojo, yeah. But the cuts aren't bouncing off. We see it still hit him. But it's weaker than before.
Kusakabe seems to only react after Gojo explains that he used some sort of technique
Sukuna seems to react after Gojo got launched away.

I mean for the most part during the domain section of the fight he's been stalling for Mahoraga anyway, after the first domain didn't kill Gojo I doubt he was trying to force a win with MS as aggressively, Gojo even notes at one point during the domain section that Sukuna was being pretty passive as times.
No it's more like he doesn't use certain techniques. Not that he doesn't actively fight.

By the way. Was it ever stated that you can't move while using Falling Blossom? I don't remember anything like this at all. The description of it is simply just shrouding yourself in some automatic CE aura thingy that deflects things.

Eh, I feel like that's already covered by their durability being half of Red's AP, it's not like a powergap of that level is going to result in someone absolutely reeling from the damage, and as you said they don't really tank the Large Town level blows unharmed either.
It's less about them tanking the blows unharmed and more about the damage Sukuna tanking not being substantial enough to bar accounting that for his durability. Like, we allow people to scale from surviving attacks even severely wounded, I don't see why this wouldn't be a case of that. Especially when the damage from Red isn't severely wounding Sukuna. It just gives us a clearer rough for his stats, hence why I'm saying an at most for him.

Setting him at large town level+ especially when that's not even accounting for blue, doesn't feel like it properly reflects his ability to endure Small City level attacks as he does.

I think the fact that he gets damaged even when the output is notably weakened while he's using an enhancer means physically scaling to Small City level is a no

Back