• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jinzo vs Composite Human

Well let's see...

A lot of prep the CH can do would actually get passively nulled...

I'll wait for arguments

I think Jinzo has enough tools to justify a longer prep period for CH which is to say that while this isn't a stomp per se, I'm not sure how CH does much more than just surviving without doing any damage for a bit

Ew Yugioh.

So... What's the potency of this 'anti-trap' and what exactly does it mean by 'disarming traps'?

It just kinda makes this battle incredibly hard to argue if I barely understand how Jinzo's powers work.

Trying to translate certain Yu-Gi-Oh effects to actual scenarios can be a real pain at times.

Monster negation is pretty simple power nullification.

But negating spells and traps? Negating spells I can see as direct counters to magic since spell cards used to be magic cards. But I still don't see what in the world traps would equalize to in most scenarios. Outside of literal traps the opponents leaves. Which would seemingly fizzle and just not work.

commenting on this cause we don't get Yugioh vs threads a lot nowadays

Inb4 someone dares to start a Bill Cipher vs Zarc thread

It's stuff like this that makes me uncomfortable with using Card Effects as a basis for Powers & Abilities.

There are Traps in YGO that are explicitly magical. Traps that are living things, traps that are special techniques, traps that are natural phenomena, all of which Jinzo can prevent the activation of, as well as negate, going by its Card Effect.

Finding a general definition of a "trap" in YGO is awkward, unless we use manga or anime as a basis maybe, or card lore, especially in such a case.

Hence, I prefer basing things on lore first, if possible. I suppose in this case, it might be good to see what, in lore, Jinzo's powers have worked against, & base the Power Null's limitation on that.

I'm fairly certain the lore is based upon flavor texts and images among other things. Though explicit examples would be helpful, I completely agree.

Oh yes. I agree. Yugioh Card Game lore is & should be based on flavor text & images, as well as stories from Master Guides & such, IIRC.

However, Jinzo having Power Nullification applicable to "Traps" is based on its effect in the card game.

I'm fairly certain it has that effect in the lore as well considering there are cards meant to dampen Jinzo's nullification abilities. But I'm not super well versed on the card lore.

It does, even in the anime when Jinzo is a character rather than just a summoned monster he nulls traps

Does he null trap cards or actual traps? The latter could help determine what traps would translate to.

WeeklyBattles said:
It does, even in the anime when Jinzo is a character rather than just a summoned monster he nulls traps
Which traps/trap cards did he nullify in the anime?

He can nullify any trap card by pure game mechanics. Issue is, traps do such a wide variety of things, similar to any other card in the game whether it be a monster or spell. So I think we'd have to base it purely on lore feats, which I am, unfortunately, not knowledgeable of.

Unless this is supposed to be Jinzo from GX.

Litentric Teon said:
He can nullify any trap card by pure game mechanics. Issue is, traps do such a wide variety of things, similar to any other card in the game whether it be a monster or spell. So I think we'd have to base it purely on lore feats, which I am, unfortunately, not knowledgeable of.

Unless this is supposed to be Jinzo from GX.
If we considered the nature of every trap card in the game analogized to combat applicable hax, that'd actually be some pretty damn broken power null lmao.

Jinzo negs Mid-Godly and most resurrection lul.

Also any monster that's unaffected by card effects would have an entire page of resistances.

Unaffected by card effects = lol I resist the wiki

I'd still assume it to be game mechanics when several traps are explicitly magical & Spells are a thing, some are techniques of certain monsters, & some are Monsters themselves, like tokens or Trap Monsters. Isn't Ojama Trio a Trap, despite them having tons of their own lore in both the TCG & the anime or such?

Classifying something as a Trap seems like something devs do for game balancing purposes (As even between identical Traps & Quick-Play Spells, there are functional differences independent of the card effects.) & without a basis in the LORE to identify it as a Trap, I'm not sure we should consider it a Trap for Jinzo's purposes.

@Weekly

Oh, I see. Thank you.

@Imaginym

Half of what I said was a joke. Functionally, there are various traps and monsters that share the exact same effects. But it seems we agree that we can't say much of anything without knowing the lore.

im half tempted to actually compile a list of everything that something that is immune to traps would resist lol

But it wouldnt apply here, Jinzo doesnt resist traps he just nullifies them

Back