• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jin Mu-Won abilities addition (Novel edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikimarox2

He/Him
This never ends, ey?

Before I go into the abilities addition, I have to first say something.

Mixing both novel and Manhwa

First thing first, I wanna mix both the novel and manhwa, due to the fact that Manhwa showed is a faithful adaptation of the novel, and just simply shows the feats in a better way.
Here are the reasons why I think we should mix them:

1. Nothing is contradicted, everything that happened in the novel also happened in the manhwa, but the novel instead gives a better description of the feats, or an actual description instead of just showing it.

2. The novel explains everything. Like what the skill does, and actually makes the manhwa make more sense. For example, in a fight against the Chaos Demon, Jin was able to dodge every attack, to the point that no one knew how, and it was apparently due to a skill. The manhwa doesn't explain the skill, only gives us its name and shows us its effects, due to the fact if it did explain all the skills, among other things, the manhwa would be probably end at around 500 chapters or so. But still, the effects clearly align with the novel's description of said skill.

3. The manhwa uses terms that aren't explained, but the novel explains it. Even gives us the size of the stuff he destroyed.

I believe there are more reasons on why we should mix them, but I believe this is more than enough. Now, I bet you are wondering, if the novel has everything the manhwa has, why not just use the novel version?

That's because the novel is only translated, atm, up to 54 chapters, which are around 30-40~ chapters of the manhwa, while the manhwa has been translated up to 110 chapters. Once the novel has been fully translated, I'm pretty sure we will just discard the manhwa version.

Now, onto the abilities:

Abilities

Enhanced Analytic Prediction/Information Analysis (Was able to gain an enhanced version of “Perception”, which is able to perceive an opponents next move by simply seeing their gaze and twitching of their muscles. Due to it, he was able to predict all of the attacks of an extremely talented and skill martial master, despite being inferior in speed and strength, to the point that a single attack would kill him)

Enhanced Sensing/Clairvoyance (Able to sense the buzzing of bees and the rustlings of leaves dozens of miles away. Not only that, but with All-Encompassing Cognizance,
he was so sensitive to his environment that no change, no matter how small, could escape his notice, as if the entire space around him had become his absolute dominion. In addition, he was able to sense the presence of a master of stealth, despite others not being able to)

Precognition (Was able to foresee when Ha-Seol will come to eat, and was able to know when Hwang will arrive, albeit it is Non-Combat Applicable)

Resistance to sensing (Is unable to have his true strength sensed by anyone, due to the fact he had the opposite of a chi, a Shadow Chi, which makes it seem like he lacks any fighting power)

Resistance to Information Analysis/Analytic Prediction (Was noted multiple time to be completely unpredictable, with even martial art masters and experts unable to know his next move)

Possibly/Likely Reactive Power Level (Was stated that his movements became smoother and became more experienced as he kept on fighting)

Resistance to Attack Reflection (Was able to bypass Tae Mu-Kang's reflux, which can return attacks with several times more force)

Shadow Chi/Chi Manipulation and Energy Projection. Extremely self-explanatory, the entire novel is about using chi and stuff. I can't believe I didn't add it to his profile before.

Aura, also self-explanatory. Everyone and their mother has aura.

Limited Resistance to Fear Manipulation? (Was able to fight against Tae Mu-Kang without feeling fear, despite his enormous killing intent which can slow down people, and caused other trained martial art experts and swordsman being extremely afraid of him, to the point that their senses screamed at them to run away)

Albeit, they did eventually break out of it and fought him. Other people pissed themselves in fear, though.

Resistance to Cold Temperatures (Unbothered by training in a harsh, snowy environment, even taking a walk without a shirt despite it heavily snowing)

Resistance to Poison Manipulation (Everyone with Chi is able to weaken the effects of poison, depending on its severity. Has also managed to be submerged in a cloud of poison completely unharmed)

Resistance to Absorption/Chi Absorption? (His Chi did not get absorbed or analyzed by Tae Mu-Kang, whom can devour his opponents Chi, digest it, analyze it, and automatically transforms it into an energy that perfectly countered his opponents)

Acrobatics (Was able to leap hundreds of meters into the air, and move as well)

Pain Immunity negation...? I honestly have no idea what to call it (Jin was able to make Tae Mu-Kang feel pain, despite never feeling pain ever in his life, even after he got multiple of his bones broken, and limbs turned, he still couldn't feel pain until he fought again Jin)

Intelligence/Skill feats​

A small revision for skills, nothing much.

Basically, the skill feats in LOTNB are ridiculous.

Most martial artists train at around the age of six-seven years old.

Mu-Sang, a guard dude with talent, has mastered a martial art that was deemed not strong, and got his ass handed to him after he fought against another expert martial artist, to the point that Mu-Sang couldn't even touch the seams of clothes of that martial artist.

But after ridiculous training, and concentration in only a month or two, he was able to HEAVILY IMPROVE his martial arts. So much so that he predicted he can go toe-to-toe with the martial artist who whooped his ass, despite not even comparing to him before.

Another skill feat is about Dam. He has so defeated 100 martial art users, and a lot of martial art masters, despite being only 18, and he only could've actually started training seriously at around 11-12 years old. He was considered a prodigy even by skilled people, being able to master new martial arts at an extremely short timeframe.

And he got his ass WHOOPED by Tae Mu-Kang.

Jin should be above all of them, due to the fact he was much better than both of them when fighting Tae, and he became ridiculously more skilled after his 7 years time-skip.

___________​

Aaaand that should be it.

Last edited:
Ah right, all the scans are in Gyazo. So, I hope it's not a problem.

Also, upon rereading this, this turned out way longer than I thought.

Damn.

I'm really sorry it took me so long to comment here. I got caught up in something IRL and couldn't comment for a bit. Anyway, here goes.
This never ends, ey?

Before I go into the abilities addition, I have to first say something.

First thing first, I wanna mix both the novel and manhwa, due to the fact that Manhwa showed is a faithful adaptation of the novel, and just simply shows the feats in a better way.
Here are the reasons why I think we should mix them:

1. Nothing is contradicted, everything that happened in the novel also happened in the manhwa, but the novel instead gives a better description of the feats, or an actual description instead of just showing it.

2. The novel explains everything. Like what the skill does, and actually makes the manhwa make more sense. For example, in a fight against the Chaos Demon, Jin was able to dodge every attack, to the point that no one knew how, and it was apparently due to a skill. The manhwa doesn't explain the skill, only gives us its name and shows us its effects, due to the fact if it did explain all the skills, among other things, the manhwa would be probably end at around 500 chapters or so. But still, the effects clearly align with the novel's description of said skill.

3. The manhwa uses terms that aren't explained, but the novel explains it. Even gives us the size of the stuff he destroyed.

I believe there are more reasons on why we should mix them, but I believe this is more than enough. Now, I bet you are wondering, if the novel has everything the manhwa has, why not just use the novel version?

That's because the novel is only translated, atm, up to 54 chapters, which are around 30-40~ chapters of the manhwa, while the manhwa has been translated up to 110 chapters. Once the novel has been fully translated, I'm pretty sure we will just discard the manhwa version.
I don't see a problem with this tbh. Combining the Manhwa and Novel seems like a fine compromise until all of the novel chapters are translated, and since they are perfectly consistent with each other there shouldn't be any issue.
These look good.
Resistance to sensing (Is unable to have his true strength sensed by anyone, due to the fact he had the opposite of a chi, a Shadow Chi, which makes it seem like he lacks any fighting power)
Sounds good, but "sensing" should be swapped for Extrasensory Perception.
Sure.
Yeah, I have no problem with this.
Resistance to Attack Reflection (Was able to bypass Tae Mu-Kang's reflux, which can return attacks with several times more force)

Shadow Chi/Chi Manipulation and Energy Projection. Extremely self-explanatory, the entire novel is about using chi and stuff. I can't believe I didn't add it to his profile before.

These are solid too.
Limited Resistance to Fear Manipulation? (Was able to fight against Tae Mu-Kang without feeling fear, despite his enormous killing intent which can slow down people, and caused other trained martial art experts and swordsman being extremely afraid of him, to the point that their senses screamed at them to run away)

Albeit, they did eventually break out of it and fought him. Other people pissed themselves in fear, though.
If the Aura is as potent as the scan suggests, then the limited might not even be necessary tbh. But I have to ask, people weren't scared of Tae Mu-Kang because of his reputation or knowledge of his strength only, right? You know how thin the line between Social Influencing and Fear Aura can be sometimes, so we have to be sure. (Sorry if the answer is super obvious, but I have no knowledge of the series after all XD).
Looks good.
Pain Immunity negation...? I honestly have no idea what to call it (Jin was able to make Tae Mu-Kang feel pain, despite never feeling pain ever in his life, even after he got multiple of his bones broken, and limbs turned, he still couldn't feel pain until he fought again Jin)
Maybe Limited Pain Manipulation? Idk, this one's a bit strange.

Intelligence/Skill feats​

A small revision for skills, nothing much.

Basically, the skill feats in LOTNB are ridiculous.

Most martial artists train at around the age of six-seven years old.

Mu-Sang, a guard dude with talent, has mastered a martial art that was deemed not strong, and got his ass handed to him after he fought against another expert martial artist, to the point that Mu-Sang couldn't even touch the seams of clothes of that martial artist.

But after ridiculous training, and concentration in only a month or two, he was able to HEAVILY IMPROVE his martial arts. So much so that he predicted he can go toe-to-toe with the martial artist who whooped his ass, despite not even comparing to him before.

Another skill feat is about Dam. He has so defeated 100 martial art users, and a lot of martial art masters, despite being only 18, and he only could've actually started training seriously at around 11-12 years old. He was considered a prodigy even by skilled people, being able to master new martial arts at an extremely short timeframe.

And he got his ass WHOOPED by Tae Mu-Kang.

Jin should be above all of them, due to the fact he was much better than both of them when fighting Tae, and he became ridiculously more skilled after his 7 years time-skip.
Yeah, this looks like a good addition to his intelligence section.

___________​

Aaaand that should be it.
Yeah, pretty much everything looks good. Nice job once again.

No problem at all! And major thanks for commenting, as always!

Anyways, I will change the sensing part to extrasensory perception, just like you said.

As for the fear stuff, iirc, the dude doesn't even have a reputation, and the guys who got feared planned on attacking him even after he killed a bunch of trained dudes and showed terrifying abilities. So...

Granted, they did break out of it right after, and other people are still able to fight him, though they are like the top tier dudes. Which is why I suggested Limited.

No problem at all! And major thanks for commenting, as always!
No problem.
Anyways, I will change the sensing part to extrasensory perception, just like you said.
Awesome.
As for the fear stuff, iirc, the dude doesn't even have a reputation, and the guys who got feared planned on attacking him even after he killed a bunch of trained dudes and showed terrifying abilities. So...

Granted, they did break out of it right after, and other people are still able to fight him, though they are like the top tier dudes. Which is why I suggested Limited.
Yeah, the Limited Resistance you had originally seems more appropriate then.

Nice~~~

Well, the only thing left now seems to be the pain stuff.

Do we just assume if a character can't feel pain, then they are resistant to pain manip?

If so, then this might just be resistance negation, as his attacks don't magically hurt more against other opponents, it only seems to make them feel pain as anyone else normally does.

Do we just assume if a character can't feel pain, then they are resistant to pain manip?
Yeah, from my experience characters that have statements of being "immune to pain", "incapable of feeling pain", having their sense of pain inhibited or eliminated (like Raiden from Metal Gear for example), etc, usually end up getting Resistance to Pain Manipulation/Inducement.

I agree to everything here, also that fear manip existing is going to throw me off the edge because of how Assassination Classroom stuff got rejected yet this goes through but that isn't relevant so pain

Great!

Well, we have quite a bit of agreements now, can I apply this now, or should I wait for a bit?
Well, if you can get at least one more staff member to evaluate this just to be on the safe side, it'll be better. This is a relatively large revision after all.

This is fine, but only for feats that are present in the manhwa. If there is something new in the novel, it wouldn't be able to be used.

Intelligence/Skill feats
This is fine

Enhanced Senses are fine, but I don't see the Clairvoyance.

Scan needed here.

Scan needed here for them bypassing the attack.

The scan here seems to indicate that they feel pain because the person managed to cause a wound that didn't instantly heal, instead of a special attribute that caused pain or something.

Scan needed here.
Here's one of the scans, there's quite a bit more, but this one is from a recent chapter.
Scan needed here for them bypassing the attack.
Here's the scan saying he easily cut through Tae's rebound flux, which is the ability to return the attack with several times more force.
The scan here seems to indicate that they feel pain because the person managed to cause a wound that didn't instantly heal, instead of a special attribute that caused pain or something.
That's what I initially thought, too. But in the previous chapters, the dude got his bones crushed, and didn't heal instantly, even stating that it took some time to heal, and yet he didn't feel any pain.

Though, it might be that his regenerative ability also has an effect that nullifies pain. However, there isn't a scan of that.

Also, about the resistance to fear manip, can I just make it a full-on resistance now?

It's because, after I reread the recent chapters, there was this scan. People who aren't afraid of death, were fearful of Tae, the same dude Jin fought without get feared.

Also, thanks for everyone who commented here!

I should also add that you need to put references as well, since they are mandatory now for media like comics, novels, etc

Here's the scan saying he easily cut through Tae's rebound flux, which is the ability to return the attack with several times more force.
That's fine then.

That's what I initially thought, too. But in the previous chapters, the dude got his bones crushed, and didn't heal instantly, even stating that it took some time to heal, and yet he didn't feel any pain.

Though, it might be that his regenerative ability also has an effect that nullifies pain. However, there isn't a scan of that.
I think it definitely related to the regeneration considering that it was specifically the wound that didn't heal that made them feel pain.

Also, about the resistance to fear manip, can I just make it a full-on resistance now?

It's because, after I reread the recent chapters, there was this scan. People who aren't afraid of death, were fearful of Tae, the same dude Jin fought without get feared.
I guess that's fine then.

I should also add that you need to put references as well, since they are mandatory now for media like comics, novels, etc
I was actually planning to do that, but it's gonna take quite a bit of time. Is it alright if I gradually add it bit by bit after the revision?
I think it definitely related to the regeneration considering that it was specifically the wound that didn't heal that made them feel pain.
Very well, then. I guess I just place it as normal regeneration negation and be done with it?

Also, i believe we have enough agreements now, could I apply it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back